Windows 10: Mysterious notification sound

Discus and support Mysterious notification sound in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. Since this afternoon, I'm having the System notify sound of Windows, with no reason. Notification center is empty. Where can I see what is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Siegfriedm, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Mysterious notification sound

Hello. Since this afternoon, I'm having the System notify sound of Windows, with no reason. Notification center is empty.
    Where can I see what is happening?
    It's the sound at 2:55 in this video, called "Windows Notify System Generic" [youtube]K5ARPC-FTHo[/youtube]

:)

Siegfriedm, Jul 8, 2017
  2. phillro Win User

Understanding sounds

I have a new Microsoft 950 phone, with Windows 10. From time to time it emits a notification sound that I do not recognise, with no indication on the home screen of what is being notified. I am trying to work out what the sound indicates.

The problem is that when I go into the Settings > Sounds > Notification menu, there seems to be no way of playing the default sounds. With all the other sounds, there is an arrow beside the sound, and if you tap that, the phone gives you a sample of the
    sound. But when you have the default sound set, there is a check mark next to it, not an arrow, and it does not play a sample.

I had hoped to do down the list of notification sounds set in my telephone, to find the one that sounds like the mystery notification. Any idea how I can do that?

phillro, Jul 8, 2017
  3. Sky Force Notifications after ANNA update! whats that?

that notification application looks mysterious and yes it is not related to notifications widget on homescreen!

donofworld, Jul 8, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Mysterious notification sound

Settings / System / Notifications & Actions ... under Get notifications form these senders, check to see if one of them has only Sound enable. You can Click on each one to see the Notifications Options available.

Eagle51, Jul 8, 2017
Thema:

Mysterious notification sound

1. Mysterious notification sound - Similar Threads - Mysterious notification sound

2. Sound Notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Notifications: Hello. Recently I have notice that I no longer get sound notifications on my laptop. For instance, when I get new messages from desktop messenger or desktop whatsapp it no longer makes a sound, only the dot notification. I did turn banner notification cause I did not want...
  3. Sound Notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Notifications: Hello. Recently I have notice that I no longer get sound notifications on my laptop. For instance, when I get new messages from desktop messenger or desktop whatsapp it no longer makes a sound, only the dot notification. I did turn banner notification cause I did not want...
  4. Mysterious sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mysterious sound: I have disabled nearly all my Windows system sounds. I hear a brief sound that does not reflect any condition for which a sound is enabled, either in Windows or in Outlook, and I'm not aware of such sounds originating with my Firefox browser which I've used for many years...
  5. eM Client Mystery Sound Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    eM Client Mystery Sound Notification: Any eM Client experts here? I posted the question below several days ago on eM's own user forum and have had no responses. An incoming message arrives while the eM Client window is minimized. When I click the eM icon in the taskbar to open the window, a "ding" sound is...
  6. Mysterious Account Notification

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mysterious Account Notification: "You need to fix your Microsoft Account. Most likely your password has changed. Click here to fix it in Shared Experiences" I receive the above notification in the Notification Center 2-3 times a week. It is like a normal notification that appears in the bottom right of...
  7. NO NOTIFICATION SOUND

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NO NOTIFICATION SOUND: AS I BOUGHT HP LAPTOP 7 MONTHS AGO IT CAME WITH WINDOWS 10 INSTALLED.AT THE INITIAL STAGE OF USING IT THE NOTIFICATION SOUNDS SUCH AS EMAIL, EXTERNAL DEVICE INSERT SOUNDS EVERYTHING WAS GOING GOOD BUT NOW NO NOTIFICATION SOUND IS COMING FROM MY LAPTOP. BUT MY SPEAKER...
  8. Mysterious 'updates need to be installed' notification

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Mysterious 'updates need to be installed' notification: Windows 10 Home installs updates automatically so it shouldn't be that-but the icon is from the Windows Settings app & the message doesn't further identify what updates need to be installed. Any guesses? 43684
  9. Mysterious notifications (or something) lately

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious notifications (or something) lately: About 2 weeks I noticed something really annoying - but only when using an app in fullscreen mode (ie games, Netflix, etc). Every few minutes Windows would automatically switch to the desktop. As you can imagine, this is SUPER annoying when playing a game. I could not figure...
  10. Mystery Notification of authentication failure

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery Notification of authentication failure: Whenever I am on my PC (WIN10) I get periodic popup notifications of a login error due to authentication failure. I am not in Gmail nor have I given permission for any Apps to log in. But I still keep getting authentication failure messages from Gmail or some other agent -- a...