Windows 10: Mysterious USB

Discus and support Mysterious USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running Windows10 and using a WD Elements unit for backup purposes Macrium Reflect. I made some adjustments which went wrong but have now been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RonBin79, Jul 11, 2018.

1. RonBin79 Win User

Mysterious USB

I am running Windows10 and using a WD Elements unit for backup purposes Macrium Reflect. I made some adjustments which went wrong but have now been corrected but I have finished up with two sets of USB Drives, please see the attached. I have been informed that they cannot be removed, and one got any ideas please???

:)

RonBin79, Jul 11, 2018

2. C6-01 Mystery Plugs

On the bottom of my phone are 3 plugs.

• A proprietary micro USB plug
    • A fat mystery plug
    • A charging plug
    Q1: Is there anything wrong with using a standard micro USB plug to transfer data or charge the phone where the proprietary micro USB plug is? I know it fits, because I mistakenly plugged it in there before realizing the box had a special micro USB cable
    included.

Q2. Is the fat mystery plug for the headphones? The box and included headphones are at home, and I have a set of ear plugs here that I could use.

jp2code---01, Jul 11, 2018
  3. USB 3.0 mysteriously disabled

Thank you for that information.

We would like to know more about the issue.

Does that error message appear when you plug in your thumb drive to the USB 3.0?

If it does, what we recommend is to reinstall the driver.

Follow these steps to reinstall the driver:

• Plug your thumb drive into USB 3.0
    • Click Start, type Device Manager then hit
      Enter
    • Click Universal Series Bus controllers, double-click
      Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller
    • Go to Driver tab, click Uninstall, then
      OK
      to complete the uninstall process.
    • Unplug the device and restart your computer.
    • Plug in the thumb drive again. The device should automatically be detected and reinstalled after the system restart.
      • If ever there's no prompt, you can go back to Device Manager and click
        Scan for hardware changes.
    Update us with the result.

Devlin Sco, Jul 11, 2018
  4. thraxed Win User

Mysterious USB

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Mysterious USB

1. Mysterious USB - Similar Threads - Mysterious USB

2. I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...: Let me explain: I have downloaded a custom theme from skinpacks.com which converts my Windows 10 to look like Windows XP. I have been using this as a way to fully convert my system to look and feel like Windows XP but with the functionality of Windows 10. I've been working on...
  3. I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...: Let me explain: I have downloaded a custom theme from skinpacks.com which converts my Windows 10 to look like Windows XP. I have been using this as a way to fully convert my system to look and feel like Windows XP but with the functionality of Windows 10. I've been working on...
  4. I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have lost some photos mysteriously can some one advise me what to do please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have lost some photos mysteriously can some one advise me what to do please: I have windows 10 and have lost some photos mysteriously. Adobe helped me find some in the recycle bin but many are still missing. Can someone please help me retrieve them please?...
  6. Out of ideas, please help. Mysterious "unrecognizable USB device" repeatedly connects and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Out of ideas, please help. Mysterious "unrecognizable USB device" repeatedly connects and...: Pretty much the title, I keep getting the USB connect sound followed by the "USB device not recognized" error and then the USB disconnect sound. It's not consistent or predictable, it'll happen 5 times in a minute or not at all for hours, but I can't get it to stop. I've...
  7. Mysterious sounds with new USB audio dongle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mysterious sounds with new USB audio dongle: I recently added a USB Geek Out HD sound dongle, and disabled the onboard sound chip previously used. I'm now hearing new sounds --- light whirring sounds --- whenever there is disk activity, or when moving a scroll bar in the Chrome browser. These are not mechanical sounds;...
  8. Mysterious USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious USB: I am running Windows10 and using a WD Elements unit for backup purposes Macrium Reflect. I made some adjustments which went wrong but have now been corrected but I have finished up with two sets of USB Drives, please see the attached. I have been informed that they cannot be...
  9. USB 3.0 Mystery works in Win 7 but not Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3.0 Mystery works in Win 7 but not Win 10: USB 3.0 Mystery works in Win 7 but not Win 10 I read its not possible for a USB flash drive 3.0 to work in Usb Flash 2.0 port? How come the flash drive works in windows 7 but not windows 10? It also work in Linux mint 18.2 for info. As far as I know my USB drives are 2.0...
  10. Windows 10 USB Keyboard / mouse mystery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 USB Keyboard / mouse mystery: I have a Logitech Wireless KB / mouse on a Unifying plug. and a wired gaming keypad [Cybersnipa]. Under windows 7 they were a little funny, but I finally got them working plugged into the back of the machine. But only certain ports seemed to work. Thermaltake Armor 90 case....