Windows 10: Mysteriously Having To Re-Activate After Creators Update

Discus and support Mysteriously Having To Re-Activate After Creators Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I downloaded and installed the Creators Update successfully but since then, if I remain connected to the internet long enough, Windows deactivates for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Amtrak288, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Amtrak288 Win User

Mysteriously Having To Re-Activate After Creators Update

I downloaded and installed the Creators Update successfully but since then, if I remain connected to the internet long enough, Windows deactivates for no apparent reason. This never happened before, and I have made no hardware changes, and this has never happened before in any other computer I've built in the past with Windows 7 or XP. When I was updating my computer yesterday, this happened and I repeatedly tried re-activating online with no help, ran the troubleshooter and was given the 800 number to call and got it activated again over the phone and have since backed up the computer with Acronis (been using this program since I built the computer in late 2015 with no issues). So my question is, is there an activation issue with the Creators Update that is causing this and if so, is there a fix? I said before, I built this machine myself and it's using the OEM version of Win10 Pro 64bit so I have a product key for it that came with the DVD.

:)

Amtrak288, Jun 22, 2017

2. KB4035543 Windows Update

I have received it a month ago, few minutes after upgrading to the Creators Update, no one knows anything about this mysterious update, not even Microsoft, looool.

Ilyes Kraïem, Jun 22, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    I have found windows 10 auto activated

Naruto, you are to be admired for your honesty!

Microsoft are pushing Windows 10 hard, how it got activated is a mystery, but it is not an issue you need to worry about. . .

Since your Windows 10 is showing it is activated with a digital licence, it is legitimately licenced and your PC will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers

You will receive automatic updates and if you ever need to re-install Windows 10, activation will not be an issue!

DaveM121, Jun 22, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Hi Amtrak288,

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) slmgr /dlv
    Please view the licensing status and post into the thread.

zbook, Jun 23, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    slmgr /ato always fixes it for me.

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yep. Run it in a Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin).

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mysteriously Having To Re-Activate After Creators Update - Similar Threads - Mysteriously Having Activate

2. Windows Update Mystery re: KB5006670

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Mystery re: KB5006670: At present 11/9/21 some Windows Updates are downloading and installing successfully for me. For example: with date installed:MS Printer Driver 11/8/21Security Intelligence Update for MS Defender Antivirus KB2267602 v 1.353.706.0 11/9/212021-10 Cumulative Update Preview for...
  3. Windows Update Mystery re: KB5006670

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Mystery re: KB5006670: At present 11/9/21 some Windows Updates are downloading and installing successfully for me. For example: with date installed:MS Printer Driver 11/8/21Security Intelligence Update for MS Defender Antivirus KB2267602 v 1.353.706.0 11/9/212021-10 Cumulative Update Preview for...
  4. Windows Update Mystery re: KB5006670

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Mysterious Arrow After An Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mysterious Arrow After An Update: An update was done on my Windows 10 HP Laptop and when I powered it up afterwards, Microsoft Edge was installed, which I don't believe I had before, but more importantly, this arrow was above my taskbar. I'm unable to click anything around it, but I tried dragging icons on...
  6. Re-enable previously deferred Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-enable previously deferred Creator's Update: Hi, I successfully used this tutorial: Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials to defer Creator's Update in Windows 10. It did not prevent usoft from nagging me twice a day about the update, and when it does,...
  7. Activation problems After Creators fall Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation problems After Creators fall Update: I have a dual boot home built system with current parts, which has two separate bootable SSD disks, each containing separate retail copies copies if Windows 10 (one Pro x64 and the other home x386). The reason for the two copies of windows is that the 32 bit allows for older...
  8. Office 2016 lost activation after Creators Update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 lost activation after Creators Update: Wondering if anyone has had any issues with the latest Creators Update. My update happened a couple of days ago and I now can't use any Office 2016 Pro programs without being told they're not activated. Office programs all worked fine before the update. I'm getting a message...
  9. Creator Update wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creator Update wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep: Wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep after Windows 10 - Microsoft Community Been looking all over for a solution & there is none. There is no power management tab in the driver properties. Worked fine until the upgrade to 1703. Many reports on the Feedback...
  10. Updated to Creators, should it have?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated to Creators, should it have?: One of my computers updated to 1703 on its own. I didn't think the update was being pushed yet. I am sure I had not enabled fast track or whatever it was called. Is 1703 now being installed automatically? Or did mine go rogue? 85671