Windows 10: mystery password

Discus and support mystery password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just switched on the pc with W10 on it and a black screen appeared with "enter current password " in white lettering. Confused, I tapped in my W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tinmar49, Apr 25, 2015.

1. tinmar49 Win User

mystery password

I've just switched on the pc with W10 on it and a black screen appeared with "enter current password " in white lettering. Confused, I tapped in my W10 logon password and went straight into the BIOS. Funny thing is the BIOS password is nothing like the Windows one.

:)

tinmar49, Apr 25, 2015
  2. OrionVII Win User

Windows 10 left click not working on some things upon cold boot

I added a password to my profile, and it seems to have solved the mystery...

OrionVII, Apr 25, 2015
  3. Password mysteriously changed itself.

If I can't get past the password page how do I access anything? Have a Lenovo laptop and win 10. Stupid me I protected myself and now it tells me I've entered the wrong password? What Now!!!

ThomasPappone, Apr 25, 2015
  4. Williams Win User

mystery password

It will be better to provide us with a screenshot, if possible.

When the black screen appeared? During BIOS posting?

Williams, Apr 25, 2015
  5. tinmar49 Win User
    I've just had a closer look at what happened, the first episode went to the BIOS password screen without my having touched anything but the on switch. I had turned away from the screen during bootup and thought I was looking at a new Microsoft security feature. The set BIOS password has six characters and the W10 password has the same six starting plus another seven. I recon that the BIOS can only run to six digits max and that any extra added before hitting the enter key will not prevent the BIOS from opening. I ran a check which has proved this, although why it entered the BIOS setup screen is a mystery.

tinmar49, Apr 26, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    Sometimes if you have an overclock failure or it detects a bad bios setting it will send you straight to BIOS to fix it.

essenbe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

mystery password

1. mystery password - Similar Threads - mystery password

2. I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...: Let me explain: I have downloaded a custom theme from skinpacks.com which converts my Windows 10 to look like Windows XP. I have been using this as a way to fully convert my system to look and feel like Windows XP but with the functionality of Windows 10. I've been working on...
  3. I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...: Let me explain: I have downloaded a custom theme from skinpacks.com which converts my Windows 10 to look like Windows XP. I have been using this as a way to fully convert my system to look and feel like Windows XP but with the functionality of Windows 10. I've been working on...
  4. I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have lost some photos mysteriously can some one advise me what to do please

I have lost some photos mysteriously can some one advise me what to do please: I have windows 10 and have lost some photos mysteriously. Adobe helped me find some in the recycle bin but many are still missing. Can someone please help me retrieve them please?...
  6. Windows 11 - Password mysteriously changed itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Password mysteriously changed itself: Windows 11 on an HP Spectre-X365. Cannot login to the computer or access any other accounts on it even though administrator shows enabled. This is also a copy of windows that is licensed as "PRO", but shows as home version verified in my MS account this morning. Any ideas on...
  7. Windows 11 - Password mysteriously changed itself

Windows 11 - Password mysteriously changed itself: Windows 11 on an HP Spectre-X365. Cannot login to the computer or access any other accounts on it even though administrator shows enabled. This is also a copy of windows that is licensed as "PRO", but shows as home version verified in my MS account this morning. Any ideas on...
  8. Password mysteriously changed to all UPPERCASE - Windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password mysteriously changed to all UPPERCASE - Windows 10.: This morning Windows performed some update. It was not a regular one since the System Settings still show last install on 7/21/2019. But now my password changes to all UPPERCASE!! Go Figure....
  9. PC created a mysterious outlook.com account and password on 1803 OS

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PC created a mysterious outlook.com account and password on 1803 OS: My old HP laptop had Windows 1709 on it and it auto updated to OS 1803. I haven't used it lately and when booting it up I noticed an outlook account with a password requried to open the pc. I didn't create this account nor a password, however I did have a username on the pc...
  10. PC created a mysterious outlook.com account and password on 1803 OS

in Windows 10 Support
    PC created a mysterious outlook.com account and password on 1803 OS: My old HP laptop had Windows 1709 on it and it auto updated to OS 1803. I haven't used it lately and when booting it up I noticed an outlook account with a password requried to open the pc. I didn't create this account nor a password, however I did have a username on the pc...