Windows 10: Name of type of tooless hard drive holder plate thing.

Discus and support Name of type of tooless hard drive holder plate thing. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dose anyone know what these are called? I'm getting no where trying to find some, need them mostly for 3 1/2 bays sicne the case cab use them but did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZippyDSMlee, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Name of type of tooless hard drive holder plate thing.

Dose anyone know what these are called? I'm getting no where trying to find some, need them mostly for 3 1/2 bays sicne the case cab use them but did not come with any.

http://www.tech-kings.net/home/image...i/DSC_1216.JPG

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Nov 12, 2016

2. How easy is it to upgrade car kit for CR-56 & 6233

My trusted 6230i has finally given up the ghost, well only if I stop calling anyone with a 6 in the number or using words with m,n or o in them. I have been sent a 6233 as replacement.

I have a CK-7W car kit installed and have gathered that I will need a CR-56 holder for the 6233, do I need any other components ie cables etc and also how easy is it to change over the holder, I am hoping it is just a matter of unplugging the existing holder
    and taking it off the mounting plate and then fixing CR-56 to plate and plugging it in. Or will a need a electronics degree?

JTB

jonny_the_boy, Nov 12, 2016
  3. maceo3131 Win User
    CR-200 Car Wireless Charger Issues

Hi,

I am a proud owner of the new CR-200 wireless car charger for my Lumia 920.

There are three issues I would like to highlight.

Why does the suction cup on the holder have GLUE on it?

This means I am forced to permantly leave the holder stuck to the mounting plate. It also makes it impossible to place the holder on the windscreen in different cars which is my prefered postion as opposed to the
    dashboard.

I thought the whole point of the holder was that you could detach it and store it out of sight. Although you can remove the holder from the mounting plate the glue residue on the suction cap means it will attract dust and fluff rendering it useless
    over time.

Incorrect weather location is shown on the CR-200 App

I live in UK Twickenham however the app insists on displaying weather for USA Twickenham despite having auto location enabled!

Unable to pin Company Contacts to the Quick Call list in the CR-200 App

I have a number of Company contacts in my contact list. I use the 'Company Name' field for naming them, therefore the 'First Name' and 'Surname' fields are blank.

I have discovered you are unable to pin contacts to the quick call screen if the First and Surname is blank.

maceo3131, Nov 12, 2016
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Name of type of tooless hard drive holder plate thing.

SoFine409, Nov 13, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    Your picture appears to be of some screwless locks for 5-1/4" drives.

I'm not sure that there are generic versions for 3-1/2" drives.

My Corsair case came with quick-release caddies for 3-1/2" drives, but they are not generic, and the drive mounts to the caddy using screws.

bobkn, Nov 13, 2016
  6. Drive lock seems to be the name but its all obfuscated by key/password locking systems 0-o

There are only really 3 or 4 with different hole types it locks into the rest of it is pretty generic, uhg its times like these I wish I invested in a 3D printer LOL

ZippyDSMlee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Name of type of tooless hard drive holder plate thing.

1. Name of type of tooless hard drive holder plate thing. - Similar Threads - Name type tooless

2. How to rename hard drive device name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rename hard drive device name: I have two hard drives with the exact same device name, both with bootable Windows versions on them, and I wish to rename them to make them distinguishable from each other when I view them from the BIOS or boot menu. Could someone please advise if this is possible, and if so,...
  3. How to rename hard drive device name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to rename hard drive device name: I have two hard drives with the exact same device name, both with bootable Windows versions on them, and I wish to rename them to make them distinguishable from each other when I view them from the BIOS or boot menu. Could someone please advise if this is possible, and if so,...
  4. How do I find the Hard drives and type of Hard drive + Plus Drive Letters?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find the Hard drives and type of Hard drive + Plus Drive Letters?: Okay, so I am trying to figure out which hard drive is designated for my storage and for my Operating system.Overall I was to know What type of drives they are, whether it is the:Pata or the NVME one and I do not want to have to open it up again.HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP,...
  5. How do I find the Hard drives and type of Hard drive + Plus Drive Letters?

How do I find the Hard drives and type of Hard drive + Plus Drive Letters?: Okay, so I am trying to figure out which hard drive is designated for my storage and for my Operating system.Overall I was to know What type of drives they are, whether it is the:Pata or the NVME one and I do not want to have to open it up again.HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP,...
  6. Name plates in Win 11 task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Name plates in Win 11 task bar: Pictured below is my start menu before and then after I hover over an icon. Once this name plate comes up I am unable to open the selected program. I have to move my mouse off the program and back on and click with a second or two. I have tried turning off Taskbar widgets as...
  7. Name plates in Win 11 task bar

Name plates in Win 11 task bar: Pictured below is my start menu before and then after I hover over an icon. Once this name plate comes up I am unable to open the selected program. I have to move my mouse off the program and back on and click with a second or two. I have tried turning off Taskbar widgets as...
  8. Name Plate

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name Plate: When I turn on mu computer it cycles through process and I click "Enter" It ask for my password...Ok! Good Deal. However, I would to have my name on the screen rather the name "Owner" above the password line. How do I insert my name, than "Owner"?...
  9. Things won't download to the correct hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Things won't download to the correct hard drive: Every time I download something it gets saved to the C: drive when I want it to be saved to the D: drive. I've already gone into my settings and changed what drive things are supposed to be saved to from C to D, but they still just get saved to the C drive. I have Windows 10...
  10. changing number or name of external hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    changing number or name of external hard drives: I have about 6 external hard drives and I want to change their designation, like A. B. C or 1, 2, 3, but windows puts it's own designation on each one, and as a result, some have the same letter....