Windows 10: Nano ipod not recognized by itunes after installing windows 10

Discus and support Nano ipod not recognized by itunes after installing windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I start itunes a box comes up that says "An ipod has been detected but it could not be identified properly..." and then goes on to give... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Momac, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Momac Win User

Nano ipod not recognized by itunes after installing windows 10

When I start itunes a box comes up that says "An ipod has been detected but it could not be identified properly..." and then goes on to give instructions what to do. I have followed those instructions. I have also been to an Apple store and my ipod is up-to-date as is my itunes software. I have been on an Apple support forum and there are dozens of similar cries for help there.

The ipod will note be recognized. Further, all podcasts contained on the ipod that I have already listened to now have a symbol against them and cannot be replayed. I use my ipod all the time and am extremely annoyed that to date no solution that works has been provided.

Another problem with Windows 10 is with already purchased "Big Fish" games. The games appear so big that I cannot see the bottom of the screen to be able to play properly. I wish I had never upgraded to Windows 10.

:)

Momac, Oct 1, 2015
  2. JillStein Win User

Ipod not recognized. My biggest issue is finding and installing the driver.

I have an ipod nano, and have spent hours on this as well, not to mention the amount of money I've spent in itunes that I cannot not now access, I am really annoyed.

my computer recognizes all usb's with no errors and is even charging my ipod....

Also, the link you provided to itunes doesn't provide fixes for win 10

HELP!!!!

JillStein, Oct 1, 2015
  3. iPod does not get detected on Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10 recently. I plugged my iPod nano 2nd gen just to charge & it wont turn on at all. I connected to my home PC windows 8 & tried to open itunes. Still not recognized & ipod is still dead. Could it be saved? I dont have all my songs
    in itunes. How can i get the ipod working again w/o losing 350 songs?

Original title:iPod not working at all

MarieNebolsky, Oct 1, 2015
  4. nom2plume Win User

I he ar you! Same thing has happened here. Have spent days trying different things. I need my iPod to get out and exercise... and not being able to update my podcasts on the iPod is putting a hurt on me. Still not sure if I should blame Apple or Windows.

nom2plume, Oct 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Nano ipod not recognized by itunes after installing windows 10 - Similar Threads - Nano ipod recognized

2. itunes detecting ipod nano but not identified properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    itunes detecting ipod nano but not identified properly: i have windows 10 pro on computer and when i try to sync ipod nano it isnt identified, it works fine with my full size ipod, ive tried everything to fix it to no avail...
  3. 4th gen Ipod Nano not recognized by Windows Home 10S

4th gen Ipod Nano not recognized by Windows Home 10S: I looked this up here on posts & found "use 3.0 hub connector", bought one & tried... Still not recognized by Windows Home 10S. Is there a difference I'm not seeing w/Home 10S?...
  4. My Windows 10 PC isn't recognizing iPod Nano 2nd Gen. at all

My Windows 10 PC isn't recognizing iPod Nano 2nd Gen. at all: Hi, I have an Apple iPod Nano 2 Gen. Silver, and I want to add some songs in it. When I connected it to my PC through it's charger USB Cable, it was not recognized at all - even the sound which plays when a USB is inserted didn't play. I can't see the Device in Device...
  5. cannot make my PC (windows 10) recognize my iPod nano

cannot make my PC (windows 10) recognize my iPod nano: Your help please! I cannot make my PC (running windows 10) recognize my iPod Nano in order to download music. On attempts to do so the system says "driver Error" Can anyone tell me what do I need to do to correct this please? Please be "gentle" when replying as I am not...
  6. Ipod nano not recognized by computer

Ipod nano not recognized by computer: My computer does not recognize my Ipod nano. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipod-nano-not-recognized-by-computer/176fd446-6f73-45c7-9d04-c8898d41e047
  7. Since the latest windows update my ipod nano is no longer recognized.

Since the latest windows update my ipod nano is no longer recognized.: Since the latest windows update my ipod nano is no longer recognized. This happens with every windows update, It is very troublesome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-the-latest-windows-update-my-ipod-nano-is-no/ab7fb9db-611f-4365-a34c-8dd813d97c81
  8. IPod nano. gen 4

IPod nano. gen 4: Hi There, I have an I pod 4th gen that I have just found. but my PC is not recognizing it when I plug it in. I realize that there is no drivers or software for it on the PC. Is there any other software on the Web that may help me be able to start using the Ipod again? Also...
  9. iTunes doesn’t recognize my classic iPod

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iTunes doesn’t recognize my classic iPod: Please help me to fix this issue. Do I have to install the driver to help iPod connect with iTunes on Windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-doesnt-recognize-my-classic-ipod/7fa8a3b4-720c-40b0-8ad1-2e54b1fcbd83
  10. Windows 10 won't recognize ipod nano as a device

Windows 10 won't recognize ipod nano as a device: Went thru iTunes support. Can't get windows to recognize my device 37302