Windows 10: NAPS2 - Free Alternative to Nuance PaperPort 14

Discus and support NAPS2 - Free Alternative to Nuance PaperPort 14 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've bought and paid for PaperPort 14 twice; both times to be told that I've reinstalled it too many times and I can no longer activate it! Enough,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wynona, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Wynona Win User

NAPS2 - Free Alternative to Nuance PaperPort 14

I've bought and paid for PaperPort 14 twice; both times to be told that I've reinstalled it too many times and I can no longer activate it! Enough, already, Nuance!

Somewhere along the line, in the last week or so, I got a notification about NAPS2, so I downloaded the file but didn't install it yet. It looks like there are multiple sites where it can be downloaded, but I chose the "official" site:

NAPS2 - Scan documents to PDF and other file types, as simply as possible. just to check it out to see if it might meet my needs . . .

Hot Dog! A free app that will do exactly what I need; what more could I ask!?

I had a two-page document standing in my document stand, so I stuck it into the document feeder of my Brother L2705DW Laser printer, clicked on scan and it scanned without issue; no setup of the printer or anything!

This is looking good; especially since I've already paid for PaperPort twice and now have nothing to show for it.

:)

Wynona, Apr 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 PaperPort

According to Nuance, only Nuance PaperPort 14.5 with Patch 1 is supported under Windows 10. If you haven't installed it, you could do so to see if it starts working again. The solution is to download the Patch 1 installer from this direct link: http://supportcontent.nuance.com/paperport/14/14_5/Patch1/Patch1__PP14UPRO_13223__v3.exe
    After downloading it, close PaperPort and run it. If you have't installed 14.5 yet, you can download it from the following links: here are direct download links: Professional http://supportcontent.nuance.com/paperport/14/14_5/Patch1/Patch1__PP14UPRO_13264__v4.exe
    Standard http://supportcontent.nuance.com/paperport/14/14_5/Patch1/Patch1__PP14USTD_13264__v4.exe

Andre Da Costa, Apr 11, 2016
  3. Update

According to Nuance, only Nuance PaperPort 14.5 with Patch 1 is supported under Windows 10. If you haven't installed it, you could do so to see if it starts working again. The solution is to download the Patch 1 installer from this direct link: http://supportcontent.nuance.com/paperport/14/14_5/Patch1/Patch1__PP14UPRO_13223__v3.exe
    After downloading it, close PaperPort and run it. If you have't installed 14.5 yet, you can download it from the following links: here are direct download links: Professional http://supportcontent.nuance.com/paperport/14/14_5/Patch1/Patch1__PP14UPRO_13264__v4.exe
    Standard http://supportcontent.nuance.com/paperport/14/14_5/Patch1/Patch1__PP14USTD_13264__v4.exe Let us know how it goes.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hmm - used Paperport a long time ago.. currently Abbyy Finereader, which doesn't have the desktop feel of Paperport, but very good OCR.
    Looks interesting.. thanks.

(Abbyy FR OCRs text in an region where the text is surrounded by a large box with rounded corners, and NAPS2 achieves this too at the same resolution)

dalchina, Apr 11, 2016
  5. Dude Win User
    It's a great program @Wynona I just started using it recently too

6. Wynona Win User
    I am happy for this one to have shown up, Dude. I think maybe it was from a "Friday Free Stuff" or something like that. Maybe from Cnet Cheapskate?

Wynona, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. NAPS2 - Free Alternative to Nuance PaperPort 14 - Similar Threads - NAPS2 Free Alternative

2. Paperport 14 failing to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paperport 14 failing to load: I have been using Paperport 14 for many years on Windows 10 professional. Three days ago 25th January 2024, it failed to load. I have rebooted the PC but it still fails to load. The last Windows updates recorded are KB5034122 and KB5034275, both installed on 11th January and...
  3. Paperport 14 failing to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paperport 14 failing to load: I have been using Paperport 14 for many years on Windows 10 professional. Three days ago 25th January 2024, it failed to load. I have rebooted the PC but it still fails to load. The last Windows updates recorded are KB5034122 and KB5034275, both installed on 11th January and...
  4. Paperport 14 failing to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. proffesional paperport 14

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    proffesional paperport 14: I need to download program into my PC running windows 10 professional after resetting my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proffesional-paperport-14/7c574600-fcfe-4c0f-a677-67e811abb341
  6. PaperPort 14 - Cannot create printer device context

PaperPort 14 - Cannot create printer device context: I have been using PaperPort 14 for a long time. I recently installed a new printer and am now getting an error (while trying to print) that says "Cannot create printer device context." When I look it up online it shows the fix for it is the reinstall the fax driver. Is...
  7. Compatibility problem with Paperport Version 14 in Windows 10

Compatibility problem with Paperport Version 14 in Windows 10: I recently loaded the program "Paperport 14" from Nuance. I had no problem loading it but when I tried to open the program it gave me an error dialog box saying I need to change the compatibility mode to function properly. I went to the properties area for the program and if...
  8. paperport 14 with windows 10

paperport 14 with windows 10: I found the problem! In the registry there is an option that cause the crash: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ScanSoft\PaperPort\PaperPort User Preferences look for BrowserSelected my registry had "Mozilla Firefox" I changed it "none" PAPERPORT 14.5 STARTED WITH NO PROBLEMS NOTE:...
  9. Windows 10 and Nuance PaperPort

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and Nuance PaperPort: With only new version of Windows 10 and no other earlier versions of Windows on my new desktop computer, PaperPort 14.5 is absolutely incompatible. Very frustrating since I have used PaperPort for many years with all versions of Windows on computer that crashed. Nuance...
  10. Unlocker Free Alternative?

Unlocker Free Alternative?: I have used to use Unlocker for a while on windows 7 and sometimes on windows 10. Do you have better performing and Free alternative! 79570

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Paperport 14 Standard

2. paperport alternative for windows 10

3. naps2 windows 10

4. nuance paperport 14.5 will not run,
  5. free program like paperport,
  6. free sortware like paperport ,
  7. free alternatives to paperport for windows 10,
  8. doe nuance no longer sell paperport?,
  9. Alternatives for Paperport,
  10. substitutes for nuance paperport 14.5,
  11. software like paperport 14,