Windows 10: Narrator

Discus and support Narrator in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of a sudden, the "Narrator", auto-starts on boot-up while "Narrator" is turned off in 'Ease of Access'. I can exit Narrator but cannot find out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by emeth, Nov 22, 2015.

1. emeth Win User

Narrator

All of a sudden, the "Narrator", auto-starts on boot-up while "Narrator" is turned off in 'Ease of Access'.

I can exit Narrator but cannot find out why it is auto-starting?

:)

emeth, Nov 22, 2015
  2. JillHups Win User

Narrator doesn't work

1. sfc /scannow. Showed no integrity issues.

2. Clean boot. Tried Narrator after clean boot, still got "Exiting narrator, exiting narrator, exiting, narrator..." with Narrator refusing to turn on.

Any other ideas?

JillHups, Nov 22, 2015
  3. Narrator app not working in windows 10

The title of this thread is,"Narrator App not working in Windows 10."

I appreciate the above description on how o use Narrator in system settings. However, I also have a "Narrator Desktop App" on my computer. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Is the "Narrator App" left over from Windows 7 & should it have been deleted,
    should it be deleted now, or is it part of the Windows 10 Narrator experience? Based on the title, I am wondering if the person posing the question is also using the "Narrator App", & that your answer seems to therefore not fully address the question. My experience
    is that with the Narrator App on my computer, even with all Narrator settings off, the Narrator continues to Run. The Narrator App launched did change the voice but deferred to the settings as far as speech & speed, but still cant turn off Narrator. is the
    App conflicting with the settings?

V J Miller, Nov 22, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Narrator

JohnC, Nov 22, 2015
  5. essenbe Win User
    Click start > settings >Ease of access > Narrator > turn narrator off

essenbe, Nov 22, 2015
  6. emeth Win User
    Narrator was already turned off.

emeth, Nov 22, 2015
  7. essenbe Win User
    Have you tried task manager, startup tab and disable it?

essenbe, Nov 22, 2015
  8. emeth Win User

Narrator

Thank you for you help but the Narrator doesn't show up in the task manager, start-up tab, although it is running?

emeth, Nov 22, 2015
  9. emeth Win User
    John, I finally was able to download the ISO and burn it to a DVD

What is next?

Also, when running DISM, will that affect any installed programs?

emeth, Nov 22, 2015
  10. JohnC Win User
    Hi emeth, DISM will fix component store corruption, it will not affect your installed programs. The SFC command uses the component store to fix system files. The idea is to fix the component store and then run the SFC command to fix the system files. Since you now have a disk try using option one #6 from the DISM tutorial: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wimNarrator :D:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess where D is the drive letter of the DVD drive. You do need to do this from an elevated command prompt.

JohnC, Nov 22, 2015
  11. emeth Win User
    This syntax worked but DISM still reports that the "source files cannot be found".

I pointed the source to the external HD that contains the ESD_ISO file.

emeth, Nov 22, 2015
  12. essenbe Win User
    If you are using an install.esd instead of an install.wim the command would be
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:\sources\install.esd:1 /limitaccess But the install.wim from the TechBench iso works better https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench . Just be sure it is the same version and build you have installed.

essenbe, Nov 22, 2015
  13. JohnC Win User

Narrator

Are you using the ios created with the media creation tool? that has a install.esd rather than the install.wim that the tech bench iso has. If that is the case then replace wim with esd where it occurs in the command line.

JohnC, Nov 22, 2015
  14. emeth Win User
    Which of these statements is correct with drive "H" as my source drive?

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:H:\sources\install.esd:1 /limitaccess

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:\sources\install.esd:1 /limitaccess

emeth, Nov 22, 2015
  15. JohnC Win User
    The first one. You have to point to the drive that the install.esd is located in.

JohnC, Nov 22, 2015
Thema:

Narrator

1. Narrator - Similar Threads - Narrator

2. Narrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Narrator: How do I get an audio manual for using narrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/narrator/76edb956-9640-40bb-90f8-384e5b509516
  3. Narrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Narrator: How do I get an audio manual for using narrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/narrator/76edb956-9640-40bb-90f8-384e5b509516
  4. Ease of access narrator screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ease of access narrator screen.: After three minutes of being on my computer, this box pops up which is a blank white page and a black border. I can't close it or minimize the page. It has the Narrator, magnifier, high contrast, sticky keys and filter settings, and that's it.This just started yesterday. How...
  5. Ease of access narrator screen.

Ease of access narrator screen.: After three minutes of being on my computer, this box pops up which is a blank white page and a black border. I can't close it or minimize the page. It has the Narrator, magnifier, high contrast, sticky keys and filter settings, and that's it.This just started yesterday. How...
  6. what to do when narrator malfunctions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what to do when narrator malfunctions?: what to do when narrator malfunctions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-when-narrator-malfunctions/5480b954-7fa6-493a-9fe9-581363b070e0
  7. what to do when narrator malfunctions?

what to do when narrator malfunctions?: what to do when narrator malfunctions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-when-narrator-malfunctions/5480b954-7fa6-493a-9fe9-581363b070e0
  8. what i need my own language tts for windows narrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what i need my own language tts for windows narrator?: i'm developer. i want create my country language text to speech for windows narrator. Where can i find language syllable, sound and model etc required informations?...
  9. what i need my own language tts for windows narrator?

what i need my own language tts for windows narrator?: i'm developer. i want create my country language text to speech for windows narrator. Where can i find language syllable, sound and model etc required informations?...
  10. How to make Windows Narrator work on Chrome?

How to make Windows Narrator work on Chrome?: Hello, When trying to use Windows Narrator on Chrome, I can select the top bar and it will read the name of the webpage, but I can't select or read anything on the screen. With other apps and on Edge, it works as intended, but due to my job, I need to use Chrome. On Chrome,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all of a sudden someone is narrating programs on tv