Windows 10: Narrator

Discus and support Narrator in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm surprised that searching for "narrator" returns no matches at all in this forum. So I guess I'm the first Windows 10 Home user to have the narrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by larrydonline, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Narrator

I'm surprised that searching for "narrator" returns no matches at all in this forum. So I guess I'm the first Windows 10 Home user to have the narrator come on when I don't want it. I eventually figured out how to turn it off that one time. It isn't easy to do. I'd like to know how to disable it so I don't get that weird, unpleasant surprise again. Any help here? Thanks.

:)

larrydonline, Jul 6, 2017
  2. JillHups Win User

Narrator doesn't work

1. sfc /scannow. Showed no integrity issues.

2. Clean boot. Tried Narrator after clean boot, still got "Exiting narrator, exiting narrator, exiting, narrator..." with Narrator refusing to turn on.

Any other ideas?

JillHups, Jul 6, 2017
  3. Narrator app not working in windows 10

The title of this thread is,"Narrator App not working in Windows 10."

I appreciate the above description on how o use Narrator in system settings. However, I also have a "Narrator Desktop App" on my computer. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Is the "Narrator App" left over from Windows 7 & should it have been deleted,
    should it be deleted now, or is it part of the Windows 10 Narrator experience? Based on the title, I am wondering if the person posing the question is also using the "Narrator App", & that your answer seems to therefore not fully address the question. My experience
    is that with the Narrator App on my computer, even with all Narrator settings off, the Narrator continues to Run. The Narrator App launched did change the voice but deferred to the settings as far as speech & speed, but still cant turn off Narrator. is the
    App conflicting with the settings?

V J Miller, Jul 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Narrator

dalchina, Jul 6, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    Go to Settings/Ease of Access/Narrator

spunk, Jul 6, 2017
  6. That jpg page you've posted dalchina does not contain working links. It's just a picture and I can't cut and past from it either.
    Spunk's suggestion just takes me to the app itself. It was already turned off. However there are keyboard shortcuts that will turn it on and I must hit that combination by accident from time to time. That's why I want to disable it.

I just tried to search again using that little white search block on this page and I get no results, just paid ads related to "narrator".

7. z3r010 Win User
    The jpg he posted shows what happens when you type narrator into the search box, that there is lots of results for it and not what you stated in your first post.

z3r010, Jul 6, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Narrator

Please have a look at the post I quoted, where someone was having problems turning it off.

Narrator Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    This recent one I recall might be relevant.

dalchina, Jul 6, 2017
  9. I suppose I have two problems then. I also can't get any results when I type narrator in the search box except for ads. Any ideas on how to fix that?

10. dalchina New Member
    Try an ad-blocker browser extension? (Hmm.. am I allowed to suggest that? *chuckle )

However, on that basis of what you say you see, you'd then get absolutely no results.

What happens if you search for, say, disk imaging?

This is what I see - with an ad-blocker.

Narrator [​IMG]

dalchina, Jul 6, 2017
  11. OK, looks like I had a bad case of computer tunnel vision. The ads and white space below filled my screen in such a way that I hadn't realized I wasn't seeing the entire results. In the meantime I think it's solved by using the registry hack I found on another site. I'll take my ten lashes with a wet noodle but microsoft deserves a bonk on the head for not designing that feature with a permanent shutoff switch. 99 percent of the 'help' articles I found show you how to turn it off, but none could show how to keep it off. At the very least they could have made the computer keys turn on with something less inviting for a mistake than Windows+enter. That's all you have to do to activate it. How about have to hold F3+F9. A blind person could readily find those keys but no one would ever likely hit them together in error. Thanks for the assistance.

larrydonline, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Narrator

1. Narrator - Similar Threads - Narrator

2. Narrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Narrator: How do I get an audio manual for using narrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/narrator/76edb956-9640-40bb-90f8-384e5b509516
  3. Narrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Narrator: How do I get an audio manual for using narrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/narrator/76edb956-9640-40bb-90f8-384e5b509516
  4. Ease of access narrator screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ease of access narrator screen.: After three minutes of being on my computer, this box pops up which is a blank white page and a black border. I can't close it or minimize the page. It has the Narrator, magnifier, high contrast, sticky keys and filter settings, and that's it.This just started yesterday. How...
  5. Ease of access narrator screen.

Ease of access narrator screen.: After three minutes of being on my computer, this box pops up which is a blank white page and a black border. I can't close it or minimize the page. It has the Narrator, magnifier, high contrast, sticky keys and filter settings, and that's it.This just started yesterday. How...
  6. what to do when narrator malfunctions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what to do when narrator malfunctions?: what to do when narrator malfunctions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-when-narrator-malfunctions/5480b954-7fa6-493a-9fe9-581363b070e0
  7. what to do when narrator malfunctions?

what to do when narrator malfunctions?: what to do when narrator malfunctions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-to-do-when-narrator-malfunctions/5480b954-7fa6-493a-9fe9-581363b070e0
  8. what i need my own language tts for windows narrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what i need my own language tts for windows narrator?: i'm developer. i want create my country language text to speech for windows narrator. Where can i find language syllable, sound and model etc required informations?...
  9. what i need my own language tts for windows narrator?

what i need my own language tts for windows narrator?: i'm developer. i want create my country language text to speech for windows narrator. Where can i find language syllable, sound and model etc required informations?...
  10. How to make Windows Narrator work on Chrome?

How to make Windows Narrator work on Chrome?: Hello, When trying to use Windows Narrator on Chrome, I can select the top bar and it will read the name of the webpage, but I can't select or read anything on the screen. With other apps and on Edge, it works as intended, but due to my job, I need to use Chrome. On Chrome,...