NAS device shows as Media device

Discus and support NAS device shows as Media device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have some NAS devices attached to my home network. When Win 10 boots up it correctly identifies them as NAS devices But when I return to my machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JonReddaway, Aug 11, 2018 at 2:52 AM.

1. JonReddaway Win User

I have some NAS devices attached to my home network.

When Win 10 boots up it correctly identifies them as NAS devices

But when I return to my machine after a period away the NAS devices have been classed as Media devices and so cannot be accessed

In this case I have to re-boot.

:)

2. EPSteve Win User

Windows 10: Network Devices (NAS & Laptop) show up as Media Devices

A laptop on my network which showed up as a Network Location in Windows 7, now shows up as a Media Device.

The same is true of a NAS device. How do I make them Network Locations?

3. btarunr Win User
    TVPlug Combines Router, NAS, Media Center Into Single Device

Here's a unique device that renders three others obsolete, the TVPlug, by a Korean manufacturer of the name. This device combines the functionality of a WiFi-N router, a NAS server, and a home media center into a single device. The device includes a MIMO-capable 802.11 b/g/n wireless router with one WAN and two LAN ports. It provides two USB 2.0 ports, which connect to any USB Mass Storage-compliant devices (be it flash drives, portable hard drives, or even drive boxes. The device can act as a media server for all your iOs/Android devices (smartphones, tablets, and smart media players). Lastly, it can also play back videos to a TV.

NAS device shows as Media device 70a_thm.jpg

NAS device shows as Media device 70b_thm.jpg

NAS device shows as Media device 70c_thm.jpg

NAS device shows as Media device 70d_thm.jpg

Source: Akihabara News

4. btarunr Win User

Patriot Launches the Gearbox NAS Device

Plug in USB mass storage devices (USB sticks, USB external HDDs or enclosures), plug in to a network, done. It's a NAS (using those USB MS devices as storage).

Thema:

1. NAS device shows as Media device - Similar Threads - NAS device shows

2. Specific sites slow/unreachable on WiFi on my device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Specific sites slow/unreachable on WiFi on my device: I have been facing issues trying to connect to specific websites on my laptop with my wifi. Most work just fine. No issues when using a different internet connection (mobile hotspot) on my laptop for those websites. No issues when using a someone else's laptop on my wifi...
  3. How Do I make changes to Windows Media Player settings only with Adminstrative Approval Only

How Do I make changes to Windows Media Player settings only with Adminstrative Approval Only: Something keeps turning my Windows Media Player Streaming Service off. I will go to watch a movie from my laptop on my Samsung TV streamed through Windows Media Player only to find it has been turn off, but I haven't turned it off. I live alone, so unless one of the three...
  4. Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated

in Windows 10 Support
    Internal HDD not showing in Explorer, shows in DiskMgmt as Unallocated: Booted up from sleep this morning after using the PC fine last night, only to discover that my partition of one of my Seagate drives had vanished from Explorer. Checked Disk Management and it is showing up in there and registers as 'Online' however all the space is now...
  5. Wifi shows weak signals

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi shows weak signals: Hi hello, Windows Community, I have a problem after updating my Windows 10 to updated version with the Wi-Fi, I am not able to connect initially so I keep on tried so finally I connected to network but with weak strength and when I connected the same network with my mobile...
  6. Error when upgrading my Surface Laptop device from Windows 10 Pro in S mode to just Windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when upgrading my Surface Laptop device from Windows 10 Pro in S mode to just Windows...: Talked to support to escalate the issue of not being able to switch out of S Mode. They couldn't fix it after hours of troubleshooting. Many restarts, updates, diagnostic testing, info gathering.... Nothing! My laptop is brand new! I have not heard back from support so I...
  7. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    media creation tool: I have a blank usb drive.I formatted it and tried to use the Media Creation Tool.I get to where it says"Do you allow it to make changes,etc."I click Yes and it doesn't ask anymore questions or anything.I cannot get it to work so I can download Windows 10 to my laptop(I...
  8. On Laptop Win10 Sliders don't show in fullscreen Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    On Laptop Win10 Sliders don't show in fullscreen Programs: I have a new acer laptop, I manually install Win10 Enterprise LTSB2016 with a full wipe, and already downloaded the newest updates. System version 14393. I've noticed that when I am playing fullscreen games, those brightness and volume adjust sliders on top left of the screen...
  9. Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps: So I just got a new laptop (MSI GE73 8RF) and noticed that the webcam doesn't seem to show any image in apps, only shows a black screen. The weird thing is it works perfectly fine on sites like www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/ but not on any of the Windows apps. Skype also...
  10. Windows 10 Shared Folder Not Showing

Windows 10 Shared Folder Not Showing: I worked around this with a hyperlink on another computer using Windows 10 that I have now deactivated, now have a new computer and am having the same issue. I have used troubleshooters and explored old posts and tried most even going into run - Function Discovery Resource...