NAS device shows as Media device

Discus and support NAS device shows as Media device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have some NAS devices attached to my home network. When Win 10 boots up it correctly identifies them as NAS devices But when I return to my machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JonReddaway, Aug 11, 2018 at 2:52 AM.

1. JonReddaway Win User

I have some NAS devices attached to my home network.

When Win 10 boots up it correctly identifies them as NAS devices

But when I return to my machine after a period away the NAS devices have been classed as Media devices and so cannot be accessed

In this case I have to re-boot.

:)

2. EPSteve Win User

Windows 10: Network Devices (NAS & Laptop) show up as Media Devices

A laptop on my network which showed up as a Network Location in Windows 7, now shows up as a Media Device.

The same is true of a NAS device. How do I make them Network Locations?

3. btarunr Win User
    TVPlug Combines Router, NAS, Media Center Into Single Device

Here's a unique device that renders three others obsolete, the TVPlug, by a Korean manufacturer of the name. This device combines the functionality of a WiFi-N router, a NAS server, and a home media center into a single device. The device includes a MIMO-capable 802.11 b/g/n wireless router with one WAN and two LAN ports. It provides two USB 2.0 ports, which connect to any USB Mass Storage-compliant devices (be it flash drives, portable hard drives, or even drive boxes. The device can act as a media server for all your iOs/Android devices (smartphones, tablets, and smart media players). Lastly, it can also play back videos to a TV.

NAS device shows as Media device 70a_thm.jpg

NAS device shows as Media device 70b_thm.jpg

NAS device shows as Media device 70c_thm.jpg

NAS device shows as Media device 70d_thm.jpg

Source: Akihabara News

4. btarunr Win User

Patriot Launches the Gearbox NAS Device

Plug in USB mass storage devices (USB sticks, USB external HDDs or enclosures), plug in to a network, done. It's a NAS (using those USB MS devices as storage).

Thema:

1. NAS device shows as Media device - Similar Threads - NAS device shows

2. Thread stuck in device driver windows 10!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thread stuck in device driver windows 10!: I ran into BSOD so many and it's the message and dump file. plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/thread-stuck-in-device-driver-windows-10/6215b3d2-9f30-4f08-a01f-bde18bc0ee81
  3. Hard drive shows up in This PC, but not Intel Rapid Storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive shows up in This PC, but not Intel Rapid Storage: I have two eternal hard drives hooked up to my motherboard. I can see them both in This PC and can copy and delete files from both. I actually wiped them both clean and formatted them on this new PC that I just built, and everything seemed fine until I installed Intel Rapid...
  4. OS selection menu not showing

OS selection menu not showing: I have windows 10 along with windows 7 installed. The problem is that it never shows the os selection menu and always boots into windows 10, never windows 7. When i change system configuration a little (for example, changing time for wich menu is shown) it shows again for...
  5. problem with media files

problem with media files: I have a problem that I can't figure out what is it , But probably it's related to media files . the problem is when I try to open a video on any website using Microsoft edge I get errors , when I try to play a song using "sondcloud (beta)" Windows app once I click the song...
  6. Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control

Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control: I am running Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron laaptop. I have the Speaker Icon in my taskbar menu but it does not respond when I click it. So the icon does not translate onto my screen into a volume control lever. ANY HELP IN SOLVING THIS? (I would prefer NOT to delete and then...
  7. Unknown Problem <there are no titles in video library> of windows media player in...

Unknown Problem <there are no titles in video library> of windows media player in...: Dear Sir/Madam. The < video titles > do not appear in < Library of windows media player > in windows 10. Pro. The letters show that < update completed > whenever Library opened, and < there are no titles in video library >. I have already completed < Organization ->...
  8. Device's screen blinks constantly and eventually crashes when attempting to add printers.

Device's screen blinks constantly and eventually crashes when attempting to add printers.: I was going to print something for someone on another computer which recently updated from v. 1511 to v. 1803, but the printer was not listed so I attempted to add it. First, I tried the normal method, of adding the printer through the Settings app. However, I was immediately...
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices: We are having a serious issue with windows 10 ent. Many machines inside and outside the office are not downloading updates. About 1/3 of my staff work out of home offices and another 1/3 are extremely frequent travelers. All are part of our domain. There are no...
  10. Bluetooth device not getting paired with mobile

Bluetooth device not getting paired with mobile: Hi, I'm using HP Pavilion x360 convertible, my laptop Bluetooth is not getting connected with the mobile device - Android. Using Windows 10 on the laptop. Kindly let me know how to sort this out....