Windows 10: NAS Folder Properties

Discus and support NAS Folder Properties in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2 NAS devices connected on my LAN. the view on the contents of the folders on the NAS is set to "Details". But almost every time after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aliskander, Dec 4, 2017.

1. NAS Folder Properties

I have 2 NAS devices connected on my LAN.
    the view on the contents of the folders on the NAS is set to "Details".
    But almost every time after a shutdown (computer and NAS) the view changes to "Large Icons".
    This doesn't happen with my C drive and connected SATA drive.
    Why is this (where does Windows 10 save these settings?) and can I do someting about this?
    Thanks in advance for any answers.

:)

aliskander, Dec 4, 2017
  2. neilpzz Win User

Windows 10 Size on Disk Vs File Size Discrepancy

I'm on the latest v1511 10586.104. This seems to be a problem using NAS drive folders, on local drives folder properties are as expected.

neilpzz, Dec 4, 2017
  3. Raoul Kim Win User
    Renaming problem during mapping User folders to the network drives

Hello all.

Recently I bought new Synology NAS and, after clean install of Win 10, I tried to map User folders (such as pictures and documents...) to the network folders on the NAS. I mapped NAS folders to network drives, then I simply change the location of the User
    folders to the network drives (changing the path of 'location' tab on folder properties menu)

It was all successful. I can access to the folders and all the programs (itunes or microsoft photo) can recognize the folders as the default media folders.

There's only one problem. The folder names.

In windows 7 (I used before), when I mapped User folders to network folders, the name of the folders remained as the same (Pictures, Documents, Musics... etc). But this time, all the names of folders I remapped the location, changed to the directory pathes.
    It looks like the picture below:

NAS Folder Properties [​IMG]

I tried to rename but I can't. And it got weirder when I check the properties of the folder.

NAS Folder Properties [​IMG]

The properties said the name of the folder IS 'Photo'! Not Y:\ but it appeared as 'Y:\' in my file explorer...

Does anybody solve this problem? Please help me...

Raoul Kim, Dec 4, 2017
Thema:

NAS Folder Properties

1. NAS Folder Properties - Similar Threads - NAS Folder Properties

2. File on NAS and Folder on NAS needs to be deleted thumbs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File on NAS and Folder on NAS needs to be deleted thumbs: Windows 10 Pro in Workgroup 20H2 version NAS Buffalo \\nasbuffaloipaddress\backups\backup2020.old and thumbs file in folder Have rebooted NAS and stopped backup service in services Would like to delete The file 'thumbs.db' is a system file. If you remove it, Windows or...
  3. Black Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Folder Properties: Hi. Not sure what went wrong. Since I updated I get the following when I look at a folder's properties. [img] I use the dark theme. It doesn't matter if I change to light though. Properties still is black in body portion of window. Please help. I have vision issues. I...
  4. Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Properties: I'm unable to change the properties on any of my folders within Windows 10. As an example I have hundreds of music folders so I'd like to optimise them for Music, but can't change them from the 'General' default. This must have been triggered by an update at some point as I...
  5. Folder / Properties / Location

Folder / Properties / Location: I am trying to edit the folder's Location in Properties. The Location tab is there. It shows the folder's location path, but I am not able to edit it. The cursor will move around in the box, but it does not permit me to make any changes....
  6. Folder > Properties > Location

Folder > Properties > Location: When I select the folder properties and go to the Location tab, I cannot change the location. Is that some type of Permissions issue or is there some other trick to change the Location path? ty...
  7. NAS seen as folder not drive

NAS seen as folder not drive: I am unable to use my NAS as backup as I cannot map as drive. Trying to use IP address with drive mapping, it cannot be found. New router, both plugged into it. NAS is listed under files under "this pc" and contained files are accessible. help. 151907
  8. NAS seen as folder not drive

in Windows 10 Support
    NAS seen as folder not drive: I am unable to use my NAS as backup as I cannot map as drive. Trying to use IP address with drive mapping, it cannot be found. New router, both plugged into it. NAS is listed under files under "this pc" and contained files are accessible. help. 151907
  9. Folder size in disk properties and folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder size in disk properties and folder properties: I've just moved data from three HDs to one 8Tb hard drive. Everything is there, but the folder size reporting is weird, just weird. See attached...single top level folder is reported as 465Gb - folders within that are larger are reported as such (see pic 5 of 5 in the zip). I...
  10. Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Properties: Hello, On my pc I have many music files, located in different folders. When I open a new folder and populate it with audio files, immediately in the upper bar are descriptions as on attached screenshot. Even when I change the folder's properties from "music" to "General",...