Windows 10: NAS not accessible for writing from Win10 IP

Discus and support NAS not accessible for writing from Win10 IP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two VMs in a VirtualBox Win7 Host. One is an upgrade of a Win7 machine and the other is a conversion of a IP install to the ISO download. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MacNala, Aug 14, 2015.

1. MacNala Win User

NAS not accessible for writing from Win10 IP

I have two VMs in a VirtualBox Win7 Host.
    One is an upgrade of a Win7 machine and the other is a conversion of a IP install to the ISO download.
    I am having a problem accessing my NAS (an old Netgear ReadyNAS) from these machines.
    I read in another thread about someone who got it to work by changing to a local account. This also worked for me on the ISO installed version but not on the upgrade. Both machines are activated and have been updated to latest.
    I am baffled what is the difference between the machines that allows one to write to the NAS and not the other?

:)

MacNala, Aug 14, 2015

2. homegroup with windows 10 & windows 7.

On the windows 8.1 machines: When I first tried to access the NAS network credentials were asked for. I signed in with the user names and passwords established in the NAS and checked for them to be saved. This provided me with seems access. By the way
    the machine already saw the NAS on the network. The NAS was is setup as DHCP, not static.

As for Windows 10: The machine doesn't see the NAS on the network (the NAS has all the same settings and passwords). Only sees it after a reboot, power cycle or factory reset of the NAS; for a limited time and then it can't find it again. When I accessed
    the NAS through the app on the win10 machine, network credentials were asked for given and saved, access to the NAS was given. When win10 sees the NAS, I have access to it.

Therefore the credentials must be established.

If there is something extra to do in win10, I'm not aware of it. If the NAS has to be a static IP, I'm not aware of it. If you mean something else or have further direction, like how to create said network credentials, I'm reading.

LorenCarlson, Aug 14, 2015
  3. slimcode Win User
    One specific UNC path suddenly not working on one specific Win10 machine

Hi,

A month or two ago, my main computer stopped being able to access my NAS' UNC path (\\corbeau\...). It used to work.

• I do not remember changing anything on that NAS
    • Other Win10 machines can access that same UNC path
    • The problematic machine can access the NAS by using its IP in the UNC path (\\192.168.2.10\...)
    • All machines can access other machines by their UNC path (\\cardinal\... or \\epervier\...)
    • A ping for the NAS name from the problematic machine fails to resolve
    • Pings from other machines work
    • Every machine can ping other machines by their name

I'm totally lost. Where should I look for to resolve this very annoying issue?

Thanks.

slimcode, Aug 14, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

What anti-virus software to you use?

swarfega, Aug 14, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    So its not that then, I've found that programs like Avast can block local IPs.

swarfega, Aug 14, 2015
  6. MacNala Win User
    Thanks for your interest please don't hesitate to report any other suggestions.

MacNala, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. NAS not accessible for writing from Win10 IP - Similar Threads - NAS accessible writing

2. Suspicious access from IP 13.101.121.120

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious access from IP 13.101.121.120: I am receiving constant e-mails from Microsoft reporting suspicious activity on my account. The problem started after I spent 2 weeks in Austria returning 6 Jul 22; the problem is suspicious syncing from IPs 13.101.121.120 and 13.101.121.74; which are allegedly based in the...
  3. Can't write to NAS - Linksys router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't write to NAS - Linksys router: If I plug in my 2 NAS drives via USB to my laptop I have full permissions to read/write. However, if I hook them up via USB to my Linksys router, I can no longer write to the drives. I've beaten my head against the wall for months, just letting it go and not fixing it but...
  4. Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP: I am running Windows 10 64 bit professional and using Firefox as my web browser. Whenever I put in the IP address of either my BT Hub 2 router or my QNAP NAS all I keep getting is 'server not found' even though when I do the same on my mobile phone I can access them with no...
  5. NAS only accessible via WINS name, but not via IP address

NAS only accessible via WINS name, but not via IP address: In one network I manage I sometimes get this strange error. The NAS is perfectly accessible via its name \\LAGRING but using its IP address \\172.24.57.3 gives an error the error message suggests it is unavailable or that you don't have access rights. I have not found a...
  6. Access to NAS from laptop

Access to NAS from laptop: Hello, I recently bought a NAS (Helios4) running on openmediavault. I installed the OS in the NAS, I then followed all the procedures to install openmediavault but I do not manage to see the NAS among my networks. I can enter the NAS from my pc by typing its IP and make...
  7. WIN10 / SYnology NAS

WIN10 / SYnology NAS: Howdy, A couple months ago I had an update and suddenly every time the PC goes to "sleep" I lose connection to My NAS. The odd thing is I can see the folders even though the show as a mapped drive they show an with an X. Once I try to access a file it says it can't find...
  8. Cannot Access NAS-server after Win10 update

Cannot Access NAS-server after Win10 update: I recently bought a laptop, and now it cannot access my Synology DSM213 in File Explorer. The NAS showed up on the network on my laptop, but not in File Explorer, and when trying to open it, it would have me access it through a web browser. I want it treated like a...
  9. Which protocol for accessing NAS in local network - Win10 HOME

Which protocol for accessing NAS in local network - Win10 HOME: Hello, i have after each WIN update problems with accessing my NAS - configured SMB it seems Microsoft is trying to disable SMB1 feature we have 4 PCs & NB's with MS WIN 10 HOME, with MS Office, etc... and is anoying each time looking for solution to make it work again...
  10. Can't Access NAS from Windows Explorer

Can't Access NAS from Windows Explorer: I have 2 NAS drives connected to my network, one is a Buffalo NAS and the other is a LaCie NAS. When I try to access the NAS on my Windows 10 Pro PCs, I get a message stating Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found. I can access the management console for...