Windows 10: NAS share's not showing in "Network" of File Manager

Discus and support NAS share's not showing in "Network" of File Manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I was using Windows 7 Pro, my NAS shares were showing in the Network area of the File Manger. But, I no longer see the shares in Windows 10. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rosede, Dec 5, 2016.

1. rosede Win User

NAS share's not showing in "Network" of File Manager

When I was using Windows 7 Pro, my NAS shares were showing in the Network area of the File Manger. But, I no longer see the shares in Windows 10. I can map the shares using the Map Network Drive. That works, but I need to be able to access these shares via the Network view.

The reason why this is important is because I have a program that will not use mapped shares, I have to be able to browse to the shares. Is there a setting that I need to change somewhere that will let Windows 10 see those shares? BTW, they are public shares and currently the only items that I see in the network view is the Windows 10 machine, and a Windows 7 machine.

Thanks

Daryl

:)

rosede, Dec 5, 2016
  2. EirikD Win User

Windows 10 unable to map network drive Synolgy NAS

Hi, this I also found out after many hours of research, not remembering that I had turned File and Printer Sharing off myself earlier NAS share's not showing in "Network" of File Manager :).

Thanks anyhow!

EirikD, Dec 5, 2016
  3. KB3185614

Hello Gerry,

No I have not mapped the NAS drives.

Usually the NAS drives show up under Networking, and this is the most convenient method for me to access the shares.

Even though my QNAP and Synology NAS devices aren't accessible as networking shares after kb3185614 is installed, QNAP still shows up as a storage device. So I can click the storage device,
    and log into QNAP to transfer files via their web based file manager, so I'm not completely back to sneaker net.

When I'm in the QNAP manager I can see the my multiple log-in attempts from my Latitude. The messages just say "login failed."

My other Windows 10 64 computer doesn't have a problem and can access both QNAP and Synology through the Network section of the File Explorer and this computer HAS all of the latest Windows 10 updates including kb3185614.

thanks,

Jim

James from San Jose, Dec 5, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Right click on network icon on task bar. It will be either the curved wireless bars for WiFi, or the little computer monitor for ethernet. Select open network and sharing center. On the left, change adapter settings. Right click on either the WiFi or Ethernet connection you are using. Select Properties. Scroll down to Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6). Uncheck it. Click OK.

Also, does the program have any option to manually enter the server name? Does the server absolutely have to be browsed to under the file manage network section? Even if the server doesn't show up under the network section, you can still manually enter the server name like \\SERVER2\

NavyLCDR, Dec 6, 2016
  5. rosede Win User
    LCDR,

Thank you for the info. I actually posted back saying that the change didn't work, but for some reason that post did not show up. Perhaps that's a good thing, because the NAS just suddenly started showing. Perhaps it just took a while for it to become discoverable.

Thanks again.

Semper Fi.

Daryl

rosede, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. NAS share's not showing in "Network" of File Manager - Similar Threads - NAS share's showing

2. NAS Drive not Showing on Network in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    NAS Drive not Showing on Network in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Network-attached storage (NAS) devices are network-connected storage solutions that offer a centralized repository for storing and sharing data across networks. It’s like having a private cloud that provides all the benefits of a public cloud on-site, giving you...
  3. Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.: I bought a ASUS TUF Gamming F15 FX506LHB 1 year ago and the Network adapter has abruptly stopped working. It had been working fine beforehand.It is not showing up in Network and Sharing Centre. It was hidden in Device Manager. In fact the Bluetooth options have disappeared as...
  4. Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Network Adapter not showing in Device Manager or in Network and Sharing.: I bought a ASUS TUF Gamming F15 FX506LHB 1 year ago and the Network adapter has abruptly stopped working. It had been working fine beforehand.It is not showing up in Network and Sharing Centre. It was hidden in Device Manager. In fact the Bluetooth options have disappeared as...
  5. Network shares not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network shares not showing: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 and trying to access my NAS via wired LAN.If I go to Network, the NAS shows under the "storage" section below "computer", "media devices" and "other devices", but when I click on it, it just displays the configuration webpage, not the shared...
  6. Network shares not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network shares not showing: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 and trying to access my NAS via wired LAN.If I go to Network, the NAS shows under the "storage" section below "computer", "media devices" and "other devices", but when I click on it, it just displays the configuration webpage, not the shared...
  7. Network shares not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. File Manager shows NAS twice

File Manager shows NAS twice: I had this problem before and had it fixed for the most part. I had to wipe the drive and clean install Windows 10. Now when I look at Network I see a representation of my NAS "MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA". The top one shows the "odd" folder structure. the second representation of...
  9. NAS on network

NAS on network: Hi guys I have some problem with my windows. In fact i can't see my devices(nas) connected on my network. I only can see my pc. I need your help. I have Bitdefender and i'm connected with cpl box. Thanks...
  10. MyCloud NAS not showing up in Network computers

MyCloud NAS not showing up in Network computers: Hi everyone! Just got an ASUS ZenBook UX305 and am having trouble mapping network drives as I can't connect to the devices via explorer (either in the list in Network under "computers" or my manually browsing to the device name or the IP address). It's like it doesn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. synology not showing in file manager

2. synology nas on network file manager

3. synology share not showing in file manager

4. synology nas doesnt show in network explorer windows 10,
  5. nas not showing shared folders in file manager