Windows 10: Nasty URL bug brings Google Chrome to a screeching halt

Discus and support Nasty URL bug brings Google Chrome to a screeching halt in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If you use Google Chrome, you’ll want to watch out for this bug: According to VentureBeat, a specific character string of text could bring your browser... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Borg 386, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Nasty URL bug brings Google Chrome to a screeching halt

Nasty URL bug brings Google Chrome to a screeching halt | PCWorld

:)

Borg 386, Sep 20, 2015

2. E90 - Enough is Enough Nasty URL bug brings Google Chrome to a screeching halt :)

On your computer. If you did not know, Flash is processor intensive and a waste to put on a mobile. If you want your phone to crash and burn, then build a Flash app and watch your phone come to a screeching halt.

sapporobaby, Sep 20, 2015
  3. RayB(2) Win User
    Since upgrading to Windows 10, am unable to access my hotmail.com email using either the Mail or the Windows Live Mail apps.

Viv,

I have a similar problem. Using Win 10 and MSN Edge I can log onto Hotmail and Outlook, but when I click on an email it just returns a blank screen. If I use Google Chrome, Hotmail/Outlook works fine. On the other hand if I use
    Internet Explorer, MSN Hotmail/Outlook will come to a screeching halt as some script either in IE or Outlook eats up all the resources/memory on the computer and I have to do a hard power down and then restart the PC after a 2 minute wait.

One would think that MSN would get its act together and fix Windows 10, Edge, Internet Explorer and Outlook(Hotmail) so that they all would work together.

My suggestion to you is to use Google Chrome until Microsoft can get all their "little children in one room and make them play together peacefully"

Also, Microsoft needs to make Outlook/Hotmail more user friendly. They appear to be arrogant in that regard.

RB

RayB(2), Sep 20, 2015
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

That's nasty. Thank God I am on Firefox.

eLPuSHeR, Sep 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Nasty URL bug brings Google Chrome to a screeching halt - Similar Threads - Nasty URL bug

2. Google Chrome 90 will default to HTTPS for incomplete URLs

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 90 will default to HTTPS for incomplete URLs: Starting in version 90, Chrome’s address bar will use https:// by default, improving privacy and even loading speed for users visiting websites that support HTTPS. Chrome users who navigate to websites by manually typing a URL often don’t include...
  3. A bug in Google Chrome/Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A bug in Google Chrome/Gmail: I cannot understand that Microsoft knew about this bug several months ago and after many attempts with Microsoft support people to fix the issues of Gmail and Microsoft Edge not saving user names/passwords ..... was to no avail!! I found this yesterday:...
  4. Google Chrome's Homepage centrally located search bar is gone. Only URL is there.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome's Homepage centrally located search bar is gone. Only URL is there.: The Google search bar has disappeared when I click on my Google Chrome desktop icon. The URL bar is still there at the top but only that. Also in the top right corner was 1 click access to my Gmail account. That too has gone. Does anyone know how I can restore that...
  5. Google now hiding full addresses in the URL bar in Chrome 85

in Windows 10 News
    Google now hiding full addresses in the URL bar in Chrome 85: Google has tried on and off for years to hide full URLs in Chrome's address bar, because apparently long web addresses are scary and evil. Despite the public backlash that came after every previous attempt, Google is pressing on with new plans to hide all parts of web...
  6. Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10: Google Chrome 74 for Windows will come with a series of improvements, including the highly-anticipated dark mode on Windows 10. With version 73, Google rolled out the dark theme treatment to Chrome on MacOS and it appears that the next release of Google’s browser could...
  7. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome: After using Google Chrome for several months with no problems, it suddenly won't start. I keep getting the error message: 0xc00000e5. If I re-boot my computer, it works I'll be able to get into Google once, but if I exit, I'll get the same error message again when I try to...
  8. google chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    google chrome: how can I get google chrome on my windows 10 laptop and set it as my default browser????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/fe8c2aa2-381f-484b-9ce5-cedc9bbd5d35
  9. Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome: Hi folks, since downloading and installing the 'Anniversary Update' I have not been able to open Google Chrome. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but to no avail. Anyone got any ideas please. Many thanks. 59675
  10. Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome: How to: Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome Hide or Show Scheme and WWW Subdomains of URLs in Google Chrome Address Bar Starting with Google Chrome 69, Google has decided to hide the scheme (ex: "HTTPS:") and trivial subdomains (ex" "WWW"...