Windows 10: Native Display Resolution Issues

Discus and support Native Display Resolution Issues in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I've installed Windows 10 10166 on an old laptop that I've converted into a desktop. I've stripped the entire screen/lcd/hinge construction so it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by authorandrew, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Native Display Resolution Issues

I've installed Windows 10 10166 on an old laptop that I've converted into a desktop. I've stripped the entire screen/lcd/hinge construction so it's just the bottom of the laptop (sans keyboard) with a cover, running like a mini-desktop with a monitor and external keyboard/mouse. However, Windows 10 continues to recognize the native display, even when it's unplugged, and default to its resolution when I wake from sleep (1600x900). My monitor is 1920x1080, so I always need to reconnect the monitor after every time the screen wakes up. Is there a way to change the default display resolution, or perhaps make the computer stop recognizing the empty display connector inside the laptop?
    Andrew

:)

authorandrew, Jul 12, 2015

2. Dual Displays

can display #1 run on it's native resolution while display #2 also on it's native resolution >

Richard Dalton, Jul 12, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Display Size

Adjust your display settings to match the native resolution of your monitor:

Control Panel > Display > Adjust resolution > Resolution should exactly match the native resolution of your monitor.

BulldogXX, Jul 12, 2015
  4. Native Display Resolution Issues

Can you go to graphics program in Control Panel (intel, NVidia, whatever is installed on your MB) and set the resolution there?

CountryBumkin, Jul 12, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Have you tried disabling the native display in Device Manager? Is there a BIOS entry for which display to initialize first?

Mystere, Jul 12, 2015
  6. I did disable the native display in device manager, now it's showing a generic 'Digital Flat Panel 1024x768', which I've also disabled. The monitor is only connected via HDMI so it's not 'native' or anything like that, windows only recognizes it as an external display.

authorandrew, Jul 12, 2015
  7. CountryBumkin, Jul 12, 2015
  8. cooltush Win User

Native Display Resolution Issues

Hey,i have a PC with Windows 10 Home SL 64bit recently installed....I updated my graphics driver and the screen resolution is changed to 1360*768 whereas it must be 1366*768. the driver version is Intel HD Graphics 8.15.10.2900 and was dated 26-11-2012. Unfortunately there are no latest updates for my system,i.e, DH55PJ motherboards.I tried many things but nothing really happening...I used the moninfo app and it also had the screen resolution set to 1360,768.So i saved it to a INF file and modified it to 1366*768 and then i tried overriding the EDID values and then installing it but it says "the hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file.the file is likely corrupt."

i have posted some screenshots which might help..
    Native Display Resolution Issues [​IMG]

Hoping to see some replies...

cooltush, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Native Display Resolution Issues

1. Native Display Resolution Issues - Similar Threads - Native Display Resolution

2. Monitors Native Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors Native Resolution: Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to change my monitors Native resolution within windows. I know how to change the resolution through the windows settings, but its doesn't change it the way I want it to. The NVIDIA program DSR will upscale your native resolution by...
  3. Display resolution issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display resolution issues: Hi all At my wits end! I came home yesterday to find my screen resolution had altered presumably during an automatic update or alternatively a power cut. I have a 24 inch monitor which handles a 1920 x 1080 resolution. The maximum showing on the device manager display tab...
  4. Issues with Display Resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Issues with Display Resolution: So, I wanted to experiment with my pc's display resolution and changed it from "1366x768(recommended)" to "1920x1080". The display got kinda faded and blurry so i turned it back but the issues persisted. It's not so bad , I can still see everything fine but it is a...
  5. Issues with Display Resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with Display Resolution: So, I wanted to experiment with my pc's display resolution and changed it from "1366x768(recommended)" to "1920x1080". The display got kinda faded and blurry so i turned it back but the issues persisted. It's not so bad , I can still see everything fine but it is a...
  6. wrong native resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    wrong native resolution: After i formatted pc, i have wrong native resolution in win 10. before formatting everything is good. I have already updated drivers too. I have done everything i could already but nothing works. native resolution is stuck in 1024 x 768 when its supposed to be 1366 x 768 158679
  7. Issues with display resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with display resolution: My screen resolution seems to randomly change from 1920 x 1400 to 1600 x 1200. The former is scaled to fit my monitor, but the latter is what I am currently dealing with and as can be seen using OBS, there is a large portion of the display that is black, but does not show up...
  8. Display resolution issues

Display resolution issues: The normal display resolution for my computer screen is 1920 x 1080. Lately, for reasons I can't fathom, I'll wake the computer up and the resolution will have changed to 1680 x 1050. This produces a stretched, kind of squashed appearance. When I go to Display Settings, the...
  9. display resolution issue

display resolution issue: ok so ive looked ofr answers everywhere and tried a variety of things like removing drivers and re instaling them and making sure my graphics driver is up to date etc. nothing is working. my problem is this. when my computer boots up while connected to my big tv (48" samsung...
  10. Display Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Resolution Issue: Hey there, I'm having an issue with my Dell Inspiron N411z running Windows 10 TP 10130. The screen resolution is very off and everything is bloated. I tried going into both Settings and Control Panel and neither could fix the issue. Do you think this may be a driver issue?...