Windows 10: Native Resolution wrong in Windows10 laptop

Discus and support Native Resolution wrong in Windows10 laptop in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I spent a couple hours updating drivers (though I really don't know much about them) after finding out that the highest resolution I could go was 768p... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by tibarion, Sep 7, 2016.

1. tibarion Win User

Native Resolution wrong in Windows10 laptop

I spent a couple hours updating drivers (though I really don't know much about them) after finding out that the highest resolution I could go was 768p when my laptop model is supposed to have a native resolution of 1920x1080p. I think I updated the video driver to the latest version but it's still showing 768p.

I'm using an Acer Aspire Switch 11 V and dxdiag showed a model number of SW5-173 even though it should be SW5-173-63dw I think (Amazon.com: Acer Aspire Switch 11 V 11.6 Accessories). Just bought it off Amazon and now I'm considering of returning it, but I don't know if they sent me the wrong product or, what I suspect, is a windows10 problem messing with my resolution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

tibarion, Sep 7, 2016
  2. Ken-58 Win User

Windows10

Aspect and resolution are wrong since installing Windows10.

Ken-58, Sep 7, 2016
  3. Windows Apps Crashing

I Yes, my screen resolution is the native resolution of my laptop, and my date, time, and timezone is correctly set. Apps are still crashing.

Serge Bajic, Sep 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, just wondering why you thought it necessary to update drivers... Win 10/Uncle MS looks after that in Windows, and you could well expect anything different to what Uncle MS deems good for you to be replaced in due course.

Was your screen resolution ok before you updated?
    And how did you update- from your manufacturer's site? A driver update tool? Via Device Manager?

The general rule is - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Perhaps you can roll back e.g. your graphics driver in Device Manager?

dalchina, Sep 7, 2016
  5. tibarion Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I updated the drivers because when I checked the display settings it said the highest I could go was 1366x768p. I thought maybe updating the drivers would help fix that since I bought a display that should be 1080p (I could of been sent the wrong product, but after looking up my model number I think it should be full hd). I updated first through the device manager and then I went through intel's driver utility (which didn't do anything bc they told me to try the manufacturer instead). So I downloaded the VGA driver from Acer for my model number and tried that. Nothing works and it's still showing up in 768p.

Maybe they sent me the wrong product, but I'm hesitant to go through them just yet if this is a driver/windows issue that could be solved.

tibarion, Sep 7, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I assume you bought it 2nd hand. Did it come with Win 10?

As you're unsure about what you've got, I suggest you download and run
    Hwinfo64
    E.g.

Native Resolution wrong in Windows10 laptop [​IMG]

dalchina, Sep 7, 2016
  7. tibarion Win User
    Nope, I bought this New off Amazon. It looks like it's really 768p then huh? I googled the model number I have and it should be full hd unless there's more than one version of SW5-173

Edit: Ha, looks like on the back it says I have a SW5-173-648z which is not full hd. Looks like I got bamboozled so I'll handle the rest from here. Thank you very much.

tibarion, Sep 7, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Good- er - oh, bad- er bad luck!!

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Native Resolution wrong in Windows10 laptop - Similar Threads - Native Resolution wrong

2. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<": Hello, today I have a small problem but it makes me crazy I have searched everywhere and can find a solution to it. my laptop Latitude E7470 i5 6th Gen. Screen resolution was 1980 x 1080 recommended and it was fine, but I have been installing Ubuntu for a short time and...
  3. Monitors Native Resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors Native Resolution: Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to change my monitors Native resolution within windows. I know how to change the resolution through the windows settings, but its doesn't change it the way I want it to. The NVIDIA program DSR will upscale your native resolution by...
  4. Monitors Native Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitors Native Resolution: Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to change my monitors Native resolution within windows. I know how to change the resolution through the windows settings, but its doesn't change it the way I want it to. The NVIDIA program DSR will upscale your native resolution by...
  5. Monitors Native Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows native resolution stuck on the wrong resoultion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows native resolution stuck on the wrong resoultion: As you can see, the native resolution is at 1680x1080. I can switch to 1920x1080 but when I play games I can never play in fullscreen mode because it just changes to 1680x1080, and if you have ever played games before you know that fullscreen mode is the best option to get...
  7. Windows native resolution stuck on the wrong resoultion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows native resolution stuck on the wrong resoultion: As you can see, the native resolution is at 1680x1080. I can switch to 1920x1080 but when I play games I can never play in fullscreen mode because it just changes to 1680x1080, and if you have ever played games before you know that fullscreen mode is the best option to get...
  8. Windows native resolution stuck on the wrong resoultion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. wrong native resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    wrong native resolution: After i formatted pc, i have wrong native resolution in win 10. before formatting everything is good. I have already updated drivers too. I have done everything i could already but nothing works. native resolution is stuck in 1024 x 768 when its supposed to be 1366 x 768 158679
  10. wrong native resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    wrong native resolution: After i formatted pc, i have wrong native resolution in win 10. before formatting everything is good. I have already updated drivers too. I have done everything i could already but nothing works. native resolution is stuck in 1024 x 768 when its supposed to be 1366 x 768 158679