Windows 10: Navigation pane scrolls down when mouse cursor is positioned on it

Discus and support Navigation pane scrolls down when mouse cursor is positioned on it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The folder navigation pane scrolls down whenever I position my mouse cursor over it. The taskbar is constantly refreshing also. Moved from: Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jaxos048, Aug 5, 2018.

1. jaxos048 Win User

Navigation pane scrolls down when mouse cursor is positioned on it

The folder navigation pane scrolls down whenever I position my mouse cursor over it. The taskbar is constantly refreshing also.

Moved from: Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

:)

jaxos048, Aug 5, 2018
  2. jaxos048 Win User

The folder navigation pane scrolls down whenever I position my mouse cursor over it. The taskbar is constantly refreshing also.

Moved from: Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

jaxos048, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer

Welcome to TenForums @linuxgarou

One suggestion would be to hover the mouse over the dividing line between the navigation pane and the list of files (it's the right-hand edge of the navigation pane's vertical scroll bar). When the pointer becomes a double-headed arrow you can click-and-drag to make the navigation pane wider.

I have mine set to about twice the width of the one in your screenshot.

Edit: and so apparently does Ztrucker in the following post.

4. jaxos048 Win User

1. It happens in the File Explorer and when I click the Microsoft symbol to access programs. When I place my cursor over the list of programs, the list scrolls down.
    2. I first noticed it a couple a weeks ago.
    3. Windows 10 Home 1803
    4. I have not made any recent changes to my PC

jaxos048, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Navigation pane scrolls down when mouse cursor is positioned on it - Similar Threads - Navigation pane scrolls

2. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  3. Scrolling or using the keyboard in the Windows Explorer navigation pane?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrolling or using the keyboard in the Windows Explorer navigation pane?: Hi!I don't like using the navigation pane in windows explorer because I can't browse as I normally would. I can't use the keyboard and the scroll wheel doesn't work, forcing me to click the narrow scrollbar and drag it as I search and then click the item I need manually.Is...
  4. Scrolling or using the keyboard in the Windows Explorer navigation pane?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scrolling or using the keyboard in the Windows Explorer navigation pane?: Hi!I don't like using the navigation pane in windows explorer because I can't browse as I normally would. I can't use the keyboard and the scroll wheel doesn't work, forcing me to click the narrow scrollbar and drag it as I search and then click the item I need manually.Is...
  5. How to scale down the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to scale down the navigation pane: Hi, I'm LamSo I have a question. How can I scale down this left side panel in File Explorer Windows 10?It is so big, I want it to be smaller, please help!* original title: Hi, Please help me! *...
  6. Navigation Pane always opens scrolled at bottom

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane always opens scrolled at bottom: Hello All, This is a minor thing, but as we know after time small things become annoying. Every time I open File Explorer, or any folder, the Navigation Pane is scrolled at the bottom. I have to scroll to the top to access the Quick Access folders which kinda works against...
  7. File Explorer Navigation Pane. Uncontrollable scrolling.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Navigation Pane. Uncontrollable scrolling.: When I move my cursor into the Navigation Pane of File Explorer, the scroll bar immediately and unstoppably starts scrolling to the top, here it stops. Any attempt to move it downwards or use the scrolling function on my mouse is thwarted by the bar immediately scrolling back...
  8. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  9. Is there is way to restore navigation pane scroll effect of Vista

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is there is way to restore navigation pane scroll effect of Vista: [img] 53264
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888