Windows 10: Navigation Pane TreeView Icons Weird Black Bars

Discus and support Navigation Pane TreeView Icons Weird Black Bars in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, Since a week or two my Explorers Navigation Pane started having a weird problem. Every time my mouse leaves the area of the navigation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LePwnerer, Mar 18, 2017.

1. LePwnerer Win User

Navigation Pane TreeView Icons Weird Black Bars

Greetings,

Since a week or two my Explorers Navigation Pane started having a weird problem.
    Every time my mouse leaves the area of the navigation pane the TreeView icons start shrinking a bit and showing
    this weird black bars around them.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Navigation Pane TreeView Icons Weird Black Bars [​IMG]

:)

LePwnerer, Mar 18, 2017

2. Network drives have black icons

Hi

I have a MyCloud Mirror and i have 4 volumes mapped as Drives. after turning my PC on this morning the small icons on the navigation pane and in the address bar are showing as black boxes. i have tried to disconnect and remap the drives. but the small icons
    are still black boxes.

Imgur

Imgur

Thanks

UPDATE:

in the 'SaveAs' window the icons show up fine

CiáronMonaghan, Mar 18, 2017
  3. Ann_m15 Win User
    File Explorer navigation pane suddenly showing black folder tiles

Windows 10 32 bit ... in the Navigation pane, when clicking on the arrow to display all the folders, the folders have a black tile by the side of the description instead of the usual folder icon .... have noticed in the location bar across the top that that
    also changes to a black tile when accessing any folder ... only happened a couple of days ago and no update or other changes made to the computer during that time.

A minor but puzzling thing ... anyone had it happen to them, or can suggest what may have happened ????

Ann

Ann_m15, Mar 18, 2017
Thema:

Navigation Pane TreeView Icons Weird Black Bars

1. Navigation Pane TreeView Icons Weird Black Bars - Similar Threads - Navigation Pane TreeView

2. Navigation pane shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation pane shortcut: To control the navigation pane in File Explorer a user must click view > show > navigation pane. I understand that there is no keyboard shortcut built in Windows 11 to perform that operation. However, could someone please reply with instructions on how I could create my own...
  3. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  4. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  5. Navigation pane blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Navigation pane blank: Hey all, We have a user that is having an issue with her navigation pane when she saves attachments from Outlook. Whether she saves one or multiple attachments and the File Explorer window comes up to save the whole navigation pane is blank see picture. Any quick fixes?...
  6. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  7. Customizing system icons and navigation pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing system icons and navigation pane: Hi everyone, I've got two small issues that are that get me really nitpicky when I'm reminded of them. I was hoping you could help me with those. So the first one is I'd like to customize system icons. Before the upgrade from Windows 7 I had IconPackger which was...
  8. Navigation Pane Icon Size

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Icon Size: Is there a way to increase the size of the drive and/or folder icons in the navigation pane of Windows Explorer? It's easy to change the icon size in the folder pane or on the desktop, but these changes don't seem to affect the icons in the navigation pane of Explorer. I have...
  9. Navigation Pane Blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Blank: Hi guys, Got this weird issue that's started today, for some reason my navigation pane is blank.... [img] 38052
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888