Windows 10: Nearby share on Windows

Discus and support Nearby share on Windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Will nearby share on Windows ever be compatible with nearby share on AndroidI thought windows 11 would do that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Femi Okedeyi, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Nearby share on Windows

Will nearby share on Windows ever be compatible with nearby share on AndroidI thought windows 11 would do that

:)

Femi Okedeyi, Oct 21, 2021

2. Nearby Sharing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern that you are unable to share the PC Bluetooth nearby sharing.
    I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far.

However we would suggest you to refer the below article and let us know the status of the issue.

Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10

Share things with nearby devices in Windows 10

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 21, 2021
  3. paulbasel Win User
    Nearby Sharing

I have reviewed most of the older posts and their possible solutions about this problem but none have worked for me. I am posting the same problem in the hope that someone has found a more recent solution. Here is my setup:

• Both PC and Laptop running v.1903.
    • Both are on the same WiFi network.
    • Laptop connects to the network via WiFi
    • PC has both ethernet connection and WiFi enabled.
    • PC - Realtek Bluetooth 4.0
    • Laptop - Qualcomm Atheros 4.1
    • Both bluetooth radios supports Low Energy Central Role = true
    • Both set up for nearby sharing. "Everyone nearby" selected on both.
    • The two machines are about 4 meters apart.
    "Looking for nearby devices" fails in both directions. I would appreciate any help.

paulbasel, Oct 21, 2021
  4. spunk Win User

Nearby share on Windows

spunk, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Nearby share on Windows

1. Nearby share on Windows - Similar Threads - Nearby share

2. Nearby share on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nearby share on Windows: Will nearby share on Windows ever be compatible with nearby share on AndroidI thought windows 11 would do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nearby-share-on-windows/c199daa0-ef0f-4e28-8ca5-30c77b0cf9e4
  3. Nearby sharing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Nearby sharing: Do I nee Windows 10 pro on all pc to use Nearby Sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nearby-sharing/28d5f9e8-7f80-4015-af77-d43297ef97b2
  4. Windows 10 Nearby sharing on/off button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Nearby sharing on/off button is greyed out: Nearby sharing on/off button is greyed out.I appreciate any help to solve this.My PC is running Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-nearby-sharing-onoff-button-is-greyed/d1b94618-2685-4f91-a1f5-2d4f1a83b42a
  5. Nearby Sharing Process

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nearby Sharing Process: I'm interested to know the exact process windows file sharing feature "Nearby Sharing" uses in background? Little explanation on the process would be helpful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nearby-sharing-process/61ac268c-8d18-485b-be1c-53f431232ade
  6. Nearby sharing won't work!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nearby sharing won't work!: I am trying to share files between my PC and laptop. I have followed the instruction to enable nearby sharing on both devices, but neither seems to see the other when i click "share" I have tried trouble shooting this via online searches, such as making sure windows version...
  7. Where is nearby sharing in the newest windows build?

Where is nearby sharing in the newest windows build?: I'm trying to migrate to a new computer and I will also need to use my pc with CD drive to install programs that are on the old computer. Homegroup is gone. I see nearby sharing in my laptop but not in my pc that was updated two days ago....
  8. Google begins rolling out Nearby Share to Android 6.0+ phones

in Windows 10 News
    Google begins rolling out Nearby Share to Android 6.0+ phones: [media] The Android community has long asked for a way to quickly share content with each other from their devices. So after years of development, Android is launching Nearby Share, a platform to enable reliable and easy sharing across thousands of Android phone models and...
  9. Nearby Sharing could be a killer feature if Microsoft put a little more effort into it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nearby Sharing could be a killer feature if Microsoft put a little more effort into it.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/advokate007 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gylvhe/nearby_sharing_could_be_a_killer_feature_if/
  10. Folder sharing with Nearby Sharing

Folder sharing with Nearby Sharing: Is there a way to share whole folder using Nearby Sharing? Windows Version 1903. Thanks for any help 154022