Windows 10: Nearby Sharing? Bluetooth? Wifi? One device is ok, other not so much..

Discus and support Nearby Sharing? Bluetooth? Wifi? One device is ok, other not so much.. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Anyone use this feature? From what I gather it can use wifi or bluetooth, defaults to wifi as its faster, but still uses bluetooth for device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by klepp0906, Jun 16, 2018.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Nearby Sharing? Bluetooth? Wifi? One device is ok, other not so much..

Anyone use this feature? From what I gather it can use wifi or bluetooth, defaults to wifi as its faster, but still uses bluetooth for device discovery?

Im at a loss, my main pc can see my backup, and share to it. My backup cannot see the main pc with modern sharing however.

Very odd, curious if anyone has any suggestions or is more familair with how it functions? Otherwise im gonna shell out a few bucks for a new(er) bluetooth adapter and cross my fingers. My main pc that can see and share to np, has an integrated bluetooth (maximus x formula) so i imagine its about as up to date as they come at current.

My backup pc is using the Asus BT400 usb adapter which already crashes my pc if i try to disable it, so im beginning to wonder if it or its drivers are part of the problem....

Google hasnt been helpful on this one ><

:)

klepp0906, Jun 16, 2018
  2. AllanAult Win User

Nearby Sharing

The problem was there was no switch.

I have fixed the problem by replacing the Bluetooth dongle

Thanks for the help

AllanAult, Jun 17, 2018
  3. BrianUnd Win User
    How can I share with "Everyone nearby"?

In version 1709 in Settings, System has a Shared experiences setting. It appears that by selecting "Everyone nearby" in the "I can share or receive from" list, I should see other shareable devices other than just my own. But, when I click the Share button
    in Edge, I cannot find an option to do so. Should nearby devices show under "Connected Devices" or am I missing something?

Brian

BrianUnd, Jun 17, 2018
  4. Nearby Sharing? Bluetooth? Wifi? One device is ok, other not so much..

Win 10 Spring update - Nearby Sharing

Hi

the "settings" are in Advanced sharing settings and they are the same on all 3 machines - as below

Private & Public - network discovery turned on; file & printer sharing turned on

All Networks - public folder sharing is turned off; use 128-bit encryption is on; password protection is turned off

In the notification column on the desktop - nearby sharing; wifi; and Bluetooth are all ON

the other strange thing is that when I click on "network" to see other linked (nearby) computers - on the Desktop & Surface Pro only the desktop computer is shown

But when I click on "network" on the laptop I can see my three "nearby" computers plus my husband's computer

valeriejoan, Jun 17, 2018
Thema:

Nearby Sharing? Bluetooth? Wifi? One device is ok, other not so much..

1. Nearby Sharing? Bluetooth? Wifi? One device is ok, other not so much.. - Similar Threads - Nearby Sharing Bluetooth

2. Nearby Sharing Not showing Android Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nearby Sharing Not showing Android Device: Hi,Whenever I try to share files from my Android Device to my Windows Pc using Nearby Sharing The pc and the mobile dose not detect each other but when I try to share files through my PC to my Laptop, they both detect each other. I'm on Windows 10 latest version and my...
  3. Nearby Sharing Not showing Android Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nearby Sharing Not showing Android Device: Hi,Whenever I try to share files from my Android Device to my Windows Pc using Nearby Sharing The pc and the mobile dose not detect each other but when I try to share files through my PC to my Laptop, they both detect each other. I'm on Windows 10 latest version and my...
  4. Nearby sharing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Nearby sharing: Do I nee Windows 10 pro on all pc to use Nearby Sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nearby-sharing/28d5f9e8-7f80-4015-af77-d43297ef97b2
  5. One device much slower than others on home wifi - why?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One device much slower than others on home wifi - why?: Before I get to the extensive background on this, I'll start with a simple problem statement. One computer on our home network gets much slower wifi performance, than anything else on the network, despite other devices mere feet away getting better performance. Now for the...
  6. wifi hotspot sharing to other devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    wifi hotspot sharing to other devices: I accidently disabled virtual ethernet 2 connection off of networks settings screen. now i cant activate wifi hot spot on my hp15 windows 10 laptop. im trying to share my wifi thru my laptop to other devices. i press turn on hotspot and it says sorry we cannot start hotspot....
  7. Nearby sharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nearby sharing: I have a Samsung phone which has nearby sharing too. Is their any way to share files between my laptop and my phone. submitted by /u/xenox9162 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7w26d/nearby_sharing/
  8. Nearby Sharing

Nearby Sharing: I have reviewed most of the older posts and their possible solutions about this problem but none have worked for me. I am posting the same problem in the hope that someone has found a more recent solution. Here is my setup: Both PC and Laptop running v.1903. Both are on the...
  9. Bluetooth and Nearby Sharing

Bluetooth and Nearby Sharing: I have my Desktop and Notebook paired. This is shown in the Bluetooth and Device settings. The Bluetooth icon in the Action Center of each computer shows Not Connected. Because of this, the send/receive files feature of Bluetooth will not work. After two hours of fiddling...
  10. Nearby sharing

Nearby sharing: I am attempting to share files between a desktop and laptop using nearby sharing option. Everything seems to function as designed except do not get a prompt from either computer to accept file transfer. I see the device I am attempting to share to and when I select it,...