Windows 10: Nearly 40,000 Microsoft Employees Tested Windows 10 Before Launch

Discus and support Nearly 40,000 Microsoft Employees Tested Windows 10 Before Launch in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Redmond says 40 percent of the company tested W10 Windows 10 was launched on July 29 to users across the world, but testers who were part of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Nearly 40,000 Microsoft Employees Tested Windows 10 Before Launch

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/nearl...h-497960.shtml

:)

Cluster Head, Dec 21, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

domain\username

Phone Insider is currently for Microsoft employees testing Windows 10. It is not ready for public use.

Entegy, Dec 21, 2015
  3. Exactly which "updates" are going to be mandatory in Windows 10? Do you realize how heavy-handed and reckless this sounds?

Remember, Windows Update is not a one man show. Microsoft will go through a series of thorough test before it reaches Windows Update on your PC.

Updates will first be tested inside Microsoft then by all 100,000 employees, next, it will be released to all 5 million Windows Insiders who will put it through its paces before it reaches your system.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 21, 2015
  4. x86intel Win User

Nearly 40,000 Microsoft Employees Tested Windows 10 Before Launch

hmm, reminds me of an apple related article I read somewhere on the interweb.
    Although they do say that mimicking the competition is a form of flattery and admiration.

x86intel, Dec 21, 2015
  5. RonCFL Win User
    Just wonder ...
    How many of them tested Edge before they released ...???

RonCFL, Dec 21, 2015
  6. pyramid10 Win User
    And how many of those 40,000 are Ease of Access users? It seemed like that branch of modules have not been revised since Windows XP.

pyramid10, Dec 21, 2015
  7. How many of them had the guts to tell their employer (aka their "Master") how they really feel about Windows10?

AllenChicago, Dec 21, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

They tested the OS and that's what the job called for. What did you want from them. Tell them is sucked?

BunnyJ, Dec 21, 2015
  9. Geneo Win User
    yes. That should be their job too if it sucked.

Geneo, Dec 22, 2015
  10. personally I think windows 10 is better than vista, 7 and 8

pitbullpup, Dec 22, 2015
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
    That remains to be proven. Up to now 7 is on top of my list.

12. revmike Win User
    Whoever tested edge, should have not been paid for their lack of effort.

revmike, Dec 22, 2015
  13. Geneo Win User

There are many good advances and new protocols and performance is better in general in 10, I like new features like having taskbars for each display (display democracy?).

I did like the stability and the ability for users to control updates in Windows 7 - MS doesn't have a great track record with updates - in Windows 7 or 10. The lack of transparency and ability to control updates in 10 is very worrisome to me.

I think the idea of one platform for tablets, phones and desktops is great on paper but is a bit of a waste if MS can't perform in the tablet or phone markets - and it isn't looking good there IMO.

Geneo, Dec 22, 2015
  14. Steve C Win User
    I wonder about Microsoft's software QA and some of the obvious software bugs which are issued in updates. What international software QA standards (e.g. ISO) has Microsoft been granted and what level of external software QA audit is carried out?

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Nearly 40,000 Microsoft Employees Tested Windows 10 Before Launch - Similar Threads - Nearly 000 Microsoft

2. Unprofessional Microsoft Employees

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unprofessional Microsoft Employees: I am curious as to why your employee closed my service request just after I explained my issue. I took screenshots of the interaction, including the opening and closing of my unaddressed service request. Seems rather unprofessional, Mr. Fuldrick. A quick search online shows...
  3. Unprofessional Microsoft Employees

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unprofessional Microsoft Employees: I am curious as to why your employee closed my service request just after I explained my issue. I took screenshots of the interaction, including the opening and closing of my unaddressed service request. Seems rather unprofessional, Mr. Fuldrick. A quick search online shows...
  4. employees at Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    employees at Microsoft: I'm not going to ask you again to stop maliciously controlling my account... preventing me from logging in, preventing me for remote playing, accessing my account through some weird method so I have to change my password every time you do it no one else has access to my...
  5. Why Microsoft doesn't do a through beta testing before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Microsoft doesn't do a through beta testing before: Why Microsoft doesn't do a through beta testing before releasing a software product? Like that, they could catch any bugs and the product will be superior. For instance the lockout screen Windows 10 won't change, Microsoft Store won't connect neither the news app. Changing...
  6. Employee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Employee: Is Andrew Herbert MIC4055 an employee of Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/employee/a026ef3a-065a-4d1f-8f16-5d5a6e1ac767
  7. Page Table consuming nearly 40% of installed memory RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Page Table consuming nearly 40% of installed memory RAM: Ever since this PC was assigned to me at work, I have periodic problems in which the RAM levels hit 99%, and the user experience is degraded by frequent operational pauses lasting a few seconds. For instance, whilst in a browser, scrolling down to read more will cause the...
  8. Did anyone in Microsoft TEST Windows 10 Before you pushed it out the door???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Did anyone in Microsoft TEST Windows 10 Before you pushed it out the door???: I have run evaluations to see if my computer is upgradeable to Win 10 and according to what YOU say it is. SO WHY Doesn't you OS function properly on the computer you say should work? This is the biggest bogus fubar, besides the current fake president, ever pushed on the...
  9. Test Windows 10 Pro before upgrading from Home Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Test Windows 10 Pro before upgrading from Home Edition: Hi, I have bought a new laptop and would like to try out how performant a virtualization works. Delivered with Windows 10 Home so no HyperV Since I'm not 100% sure yet if I want to keep the laptop, I would like to test Windows 10 Pro before I buy the license from the...
  10. 64-bit Firefox poised to launch in the near future

in Windows 10 News
    64-bit Firefox poised to launch in the near future: There’s some good news for Firefox fans, as Mozilla seems to have finally decided on officially launching a 64-bit version of its browser. Mozilla has finally reached the conclusion that a non- x86 version of its popular browser is a good way to go. Citing the growing...