Windows 10: Necessary VS Unneccessary programs/apps/processes running on my PC (Windows 10)

Discus and support Necessary VS Unneccessary programs/apps/processes running on my PC (Windows 10) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There are soooo many things running on my PC, some I don't even recognize, which obviously makes my PC run horribly. Is there a list of absolutely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lisa B Shockey, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Necessary VS Unneccessary programs/apps/processes running on my PC (Windows 10)

There are soooo many things running on my PC, some I don't even recognize, which obviously makes my PC run horribly. Is there a list of absolutely necessary programs/apps that windows 10 must have to run correctly so that I or anyone else wondering the same thing can get some of this stuff off our PCs? A list of needs and don't needs is what I am looking for. Thank you

:)

Lisa B Shockey, Jul 15, 2018

2. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 15, 2018
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jul 15, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Necessary VS Unneccessary programs/apps/processes running on my PC (Windows 10)

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Necessary VS Unneccessary programs/apps/processes running on my PC (Windows 10) :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Necessary VS Unneccessary programs/apps/processes running on my PC (Windows 10)

1. Necessary VS Unneccessary programs/apps/processes running on my PC (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Necessary Unneccessary programs

2. App running as background process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App running as background process: Hello,I have been having an issue where I have an app that when opened, even when run as an administrator, runs as a background process and I am unable to actually use it. I have freshly re-installed the app numerous times and cleared out related files for fresh installs....
  3. App running as background process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App running as background process: Hello,I have been having an issue where I have an app that when opened, even when run as an administrator, runs as a background process and I am unable to actually use it. I have freshly re-installed the app numerous times and cleared out related files for fresh installs....
  4. App running as background process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App running as background process: Hello, I have been having an issue where I have an app that when opened, even when run as an administrator, runs as a background process and I am unable to actually use it. I have freshly re-installed the app numerous times and cleared out related files for fresh installs....
  5. App running as background process

App running as background process: Hello, I have been having an issue where I have an app that when opened, even when run as an administrator, runs as a background process and I am unable to actually use it. I have freshly re-installed the app numerous times and cleared out related files for fresh installs....
  6. un-necessary processes in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    un-necessary processes in windows 10: The subject of this thread says it all you guys. What is the most reliable way to find out what processes in windows 10 boot automatically when the iOS reaches the desktop and the boot process is over? Because it's my suspicion that 50% of the processes can be ditched if you...
  7. Windows 10 mail app vs Outlook program vs Outlook website security

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail app vs Outlook program vs Outlook website security: I did some searching, but didn't really find an answer that fits my question which is are the the three version the same when it comes to security? Meaning if I use one of them over the others would I be missing out on being as safe and secure? If so which would be the best...
  8. Windows 10 Is PHOTO program/app necessary

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Is PHOTO program/app necessary: Hi, newbie who is ripping hair out with Windows 10. Is is OK to just have all my photos in a folder on the desktop? (I never use the cloud) and I can very easily get sub-folders in there. Do I need to use the frustrating Photo program that came with Win 10 for anything? I...
  9. MS OneDrive Program necessary to run Win10? De-installation?

MS OneDrive Program necessary to run Win10? De-installation?: As far as I can see MS OneDrive is (oftentimes) pre-installed on Win10 systems. Can I uninstall this "Feature"/Program without affecting Win10? When I setup my Win10 computer I did NOT specify a MS account. I use just local accounts. Peter 136918
  10. Is this Process Necessary?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is this Process Necessary?: Something called "Windows Modules Installer Wor..." is running and uses a lot of memory. My system is running slow (that pesky Windows 10) so I'd like to know if I need this process. This is right after restarting and installing updates. Thanks! Joe in Orlando. I only have...