Windows 10: Need a good password organizer.

Discus and support Need a good password organizer. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Looking at a notebook that I've written down all my sign-on and passwords down in, I realized a few things. One, this isn't safe, I'm using too many... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jayv2251, Mar 11, 2017.

1. jayv2251 Win User

Need a good password organizer.

Looking at a notebook that I've written down all my sign-on and passwords down in, I realized a few things. One, this isn't safe, I'm using too many "easy" passwords so I don't forget what they are. Secondly, while writing all this information down seems safe, just one slip of the hands and there goes several pages of passwords now soaked in coffee. *Sad

What I'm looking for is a password organizer, that I can keep all my information in, but not only just the password and sign in name, some places have special pins, or secret information that's also occasionally requested by particular sight. You know, questions like first pet, your grammar school, or mother's maiden name. Suggestions?

:)

jayv2251, Mar 11, 2017

2. what phone can I download a good organizer to?

You can use any Nokia smartphone & installed any 3rd party organizer apps that much better than offered by outlook & a corresponding PC apps that you can synch. I do away with my bulky imate pda & mp3 player by opting to a Nokia smartphone with big memory.

android---01, Mar 11, 2017
  3. patjunfa Win User
    what phone can I download a good organizer to?

Hello

My knowledge on phones is fairly out of date. I've been hoping to get a phone with a good organizer function so I can create lists of tasks, in folders, so a work one, a hobbies one etc, set dates on them n b able to sync it to outlook. I had an old pda which
    I could do this on, but This doesn't seem to be there on most phones. I considered gettin a Iphone, cause I know I can do it on that, but have just discovered I might b able to pay and download a prog to do it.

Are there particular phones on which this is possible, and is it possible? any links or ideas appreciated.

I'm thinking of the E51 or poss E66

I'll be going to a €50 p/m bill pay with o2, so they give em at a good price

Thanks

patjunfa, Mar 11, 2017
  4. pparks1 Win User

Keepass. Can keep the security questions in the notes and comment section.

pparks1, Mar 11, 2017
  5. dafydd Win User
  6. telepro21 Win User
    I have used this tool for years.
    Password Dragon – Free, Easy and Secure Password Manager for Windows, Mac and Linux
    This program features ways to store all the little bits of information such as security question answers and details.
    The built-in password generator is quite versatile as well.
    It stores locally in an encrypted file and you only need to remember the Master password.
    Since it is local and not cloud-linked, you are not subject to potential hacks on the Internet.

telepro21, Mar 11, 2017
  7. jayv2251 Win User
    I'm sure you have all heard the phrase, "Once burned, swice shy!". I've been hit with issues over the years, and cussed at myself for not having back-ups. Now that I work from home having back-ups of back-ups seems more applicable to me. I now have several recommendations for a good password program. I will look at each to check for ease of use and other features. But I'd like to know this is well.

Although I'm done with having a special notebook with all my passwords in it, I still see the benefit of having a hard copy printed and I can toss that into my safe along with other important paperwork I have. Since like I said, now believe in redundancy I'll also want to keep an usb memory stick with this data on it as well. Sometime in the near future I also wish to set up my own personal clouds off my router.

I know this is long winded, but what I want to know, is of the three recommendations so far, do any of them offer a back up feature?

jayv2251, Mar 12, 2017
  8. Clintlgm Win User

i have been using RoboForm for several years work great for me it is a paid for program.

Clintlgm, Mar 13, 2017
  9. topgundcp Win User
    I’ve tried lots of password managers and Sticky Password is the most intuitive program of its kind. The free version serves me well since I don't want any cloud base synchronization.

topgundcp, Mar 13, 2017
  10. Steve C Win User
    You could print your passwords and keep the data in a safe place. Store the passwords in a password protected Word file on a separate USB stick protected by Bitlocker. Also keep that USB stick in safe place.

Steve C, Mar 13, 2017
  11. Wullail Win User
    lastpass user here also

Wullail, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need a good password organizer. - Similar Threads - Need password organizer

2. Need a good way to exit 1Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need a good way to exit 1Drive: I signed up for 1Drive and tried it for a week or two and it's just not for me. It organizes things differently than the way I think and I need to rethink the situation, please....
  3. Good day I need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Good day I need help: Good day to all. Whenever I boot my pc up, transparent window will boot up on the upper left corner of my screen. For this I need to change the resolution lower so I can get back to full screen. I want to permanently back to normal. This transparent window will keep me...
  4. Good day I need help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Good day I need help: Good day to all. Whenever I boot my pc up, transparent window will boot up on the upper left corner of my screen. For this I need to change the resolution lower so I can get back to full screen. I want to permanently back to normal. This transparent window will keep me...
  5. Removing organization changing password/PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing organization changing password/PIN: Hi all,For some users, there's an issue with an "organization" requiring you to change your password or PIN number every so often. I use a PIN and when I attempted to change my PIN through user settings, it will say that my organization requires my PIN to be X amount of...
  6. Good Password Managers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Good Password Managers: A year or so ago I spent some time looking at password managers. Mostly Dashlane, Lastpass and Bitwarden. I tossed Bitwarden because of some of the things it didn't do well (which I cannot recall what any more), and got down to Lastpass and Dashlane. Wife preferred Dashlane...
  7. ”your organization needs you to change your password”

”your organization needs you to change your password”: I used to have a work account on the mail app on my home computer but I removed it not long ago. However I keep receiving a message "your organization needs you to change your password". I think I receive this message because of my organization policy. I was notified that...
  8. Need a good virus protection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need a good virus protection: I recentley downloaded a mod for a game that pretended to be the real program. Ever since then, I've been getting popup surveys and things that I need to keep uninstalling. Any good Virus protections/fixes I can do? submitted by /u/CoolKid123_lolol [link] [comments]...
  9. Need Good VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need Good VPN: I have Windows 10 I am wanting to download a "Torrent" of a video and the site cautioned me to use a "VPN" to hide my "IP". My question is which is a easy to install and understand VPN service for Torrents? I think paying for one would be the best, I just don't know....
  10. Are PASSWORD KEEPERS any good?

Are PASSWORD KEEPERS any good?: What with all the more frequent personal information online break ins am I worth using one of the PASSWORD KEEPERS as if I'm constantly going to have to change them I'm likely to forget them all. I'm assuming a Password Keeper is more secure. I'm looking at 2 of them 1]...