Windows 10: Need A+ input

Discus and support Need A+ input in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am about to embark on training for my A+ certification. I am asking for input from those who have done this. There are a lot of choices out there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by copiman, Mar 27, 2018.

1. copiman Win User

Need A+ input

I am about to embark on training for my A+ certification. I am asking for input from those who have done this. There are a lot of choices out there such as books, programs, etc...

Some input I have received is Mike Myers program. Another is LabSim.

Any input would be great. I have to get moving on this because I am switching careers.

:)

copiman, Mar 27, 2018

2. How do we remove the need to input a password whenever we boot it up?

* Original Title: Windows sign in

We've just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed, how do we remove the need to input a password whenever we boot it up. We don't want to sign in as a user, we just want the laptop to start up. The only suggestions I can find are to set us as a guest
    user but we don't want this either, we don't want to have to enter any passwords.

Thanks

NickFranklin, Mar 27, 2018
  3. Lead3 Win User
    Lead3, Mar 27, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Need A+ input

When I'm researching the good tools for certifications, I tend to rely on "herd input." So I agree with you asking for info here. I will also endorse the Mike Myers materials, and observe that the Cert Guide series from Pearson IT Certification and the Exam Cram titles (which series I created in 1997) are also very good. You can use reader ratings on Amazon to help you pick out good titles, too. I also recommend the practice tests from Kaplan/Transcender and Boson as well.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

PS: here are links to recent info about A+ from stories I've written for Tom's IT Pro:
    1. CompTIA A+ (Best computer hardware certifications 2018)
    2. CompTIA A+ (Best Help Desk Certifications 2018)

EdTittel, Mar 27, 2018
Thema:

Need A+ input

1. Need A+ input - Similar Threads - Need input

2. Media Creation Tool needs to handle downloads better

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool needs to handle downloads better: Not a question, because there is no solution beyond Microsoft itself fixing a vitally-important yet horribly broken piece of software. Since I tried fixing my corrupted copy of Windows, only to find my official Windows 10 USB had also been corrupted, I now have to download...
  3. WIndows 10 laptop very often needs reboot with battery removal after uopdate.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 laptop very often needs reboot with battery removal after uopdate.: I have had this problem with my old laptop - vintage 2009 Asus with Nvidia GTX 260M, for a while. The problem is after most updates the display sometime becomes black and unresponsive. Sometime only the individual application screen becomes black, the borders are sill...
  4. Email account no longer needed, how I can remove

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email account no longer needed, how I can remove: Hi, There is one email account existing on my PC and that account is no longer a valid account, now every time I log on to windows I get message that email account settings are out of date and suggest to fix it. As I mentioned that account is no longer an valid account, so...
  5. Windows 10 Home screen administrator removial so it can be accessed when needed .

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home screen administrator removial so it can be accessed when needed .: I have a bunch of laptops that require the admin login to be removed from the login screen but be available if needed . From what I've read so far this option id only in pro version. I added the admin login using net user but if I disable it using net user I can't get back...
  6. I need to be administrator of my own computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need to be administrator of my own computer: I have tried to defrag my computer but it wont let me because it says I'm not an administrator. The solution on help was to go into Friends and Others section. This did not work because my account did not come up as family or other....
  7. I need to upgrade my mechanical hdd with ssd How do I migrate the Windows OS with losing...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need to upgrade my mechanical hdd with ssd How do I migrate the Windows OS with losing...: I intend to upgrade my mechanical hdd to a proper 480 ssd, I have genuine windows installled on my PC and my laptop does not have a dual drive. How do I migrate my OS? Please Help! I don't wanna lose my licence....
  8. App is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it:...: I live in Mexico and I bought an app in Microsoft Store, but the computer where I bought this app had the region of USA, I had to restore the computer and change the region so when I tried to install the app it said that Your app... is currently not available in your...
  9. Error 41 - Need some input

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 41 - Need some input: Yesterday, I noticed my Lenovo Y40-70 was completely shutting off every 10ish minutes or so. This happened whether the computer was plugged into the wall or on battery power.This morning, I tracked down the logs in Event Viewer, and found the shutdowns filed as Error 41....
  10. Need a PC Audio expert! OBS/Input Jacks/VB Cable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Need a PC Audio expert! OBS/Input Jacks/VB Cable?: Okay, I don't post on forums much, because I'm usually pretty good at researching through the inter-web, however I'm at a loss for wits with this problem, so I'll get right to the point. I use OBS, Open Broadcaster Software, a lot and would love to have my viewers hear...