Windows 10: Need a PC Audio expert! OBS/Input Jacks/VB Cable?

Discus and support Need a PC Audio expert! OBS/Input Jacks/VB Cable? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay, I don't post on forums much, because I'm usually pretty good at researching through the inter-web, however I'm at a loss for wits with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MolhoMark, Oct 27, 2015.

1. MolhoMark Win User

Need a PC Audio expert! OBS/Input Jacks/VB Cable?

Okay, I don't post on forums much, because I'm usually pretty good at researching through the inter-web, however I'm at a loss for wits with this problem, so I'll get right to the point.

I use OBS, Open Broadcaster Software, a lot and would love to have my viewers hear myself, my game, and some nice music. HOWEVER.. this is where the problem exists. When I go to my playback devices I only have "Speakers" and "VB Audio Virtual Cable" as the only working audio outputs.

Now for the hooked up devices.. I have a AT-2020 microphone, if that helps at all, I have two simple speakers hooked into a single rear 3.5mm green output jack on my motherboard, and then lastly I have my Sony headphones hooked into the front of my computer in another 3.5mm green output jack.

How my sound is set up now: I have default playback device as "Speakers" which responds to both 3.5mm jacks for some genius reason.... and therefore plays all audio my computer makes through both my speakers and headphones.

Now the question: How do I set up my rig to have all audio come out of my headphones, while excluding the music that will play through the speakers (that will be off so I can't hear them) thus going through the stream so viewers can hear it.

ANY help would be appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Mark

P.S. Because of my lack of forum posting, I have no clue if this post is in the right place.

:)

MolhoMark, Oct 27, 2015

2. How do I get my laptop to play audio out of its speakers?

Hi Gage,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Since you have described the headphone jack is stuck in the Audio Input, it is not possible to make it on default speaker. Whenever you try to play anything it will detect on the jack. So, I suggest you try removing the jack from audio input if possible.

If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 27, 2015
  3. 3.5mm Jack part of "Speakers" (Solved, Read Below)

I cannot find this "Realtek HD Audio Manager." I have the driver installed on my computer, but an application audio manager doesn't exist. Do I need to download it, or?

LilShrimp01, Oct 27, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi MolhoMark:
    Welcome to the forums! *Smile

Check advanced settings in your Audio Manager Console:

Need a PC Audio expert! OBS/Input Jacks/VB Cable? [​IMG]

and,
    check your streaming software settings also:
    (Good mic choice!) *Wink

Need a PC Audio expert! OBS/Input Jacks/VB Cable? [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Need a PC Audio expert! OBS/Input Jacks/VB Cable? - Similar Threads - Need Audio expert

2. audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...: my computers front panel audio jack is 2 ways i.e. input and output the output sound is working properly but the input for microphone is not working i have tried everything but my computer is not detecting any input from audio jack i have the latest drivers installed i have...
  3. how to fix virtual audio cable i'm using VB-Audio Virtual Audio Cable marking Input as an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix virtual audio cable i'm using VB-Audio Virtual Audio Cable marking Input as an...: I'm on a HP Windows 11, and when i installed a Virtual Audio Cable to add audio from an application, to discord, i installed the driver, and restarted, like it asked, and it had marked the Input for the virtual cable as an Output, and the Input was marked as Output, how do i...
  4. how to fix virtual audio cable i'm using VB-Audio Virtual Audio Cable marking Input as an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix virtual audio cable i'm using VB-Audio Virtual Audio Cable marking Input as an...: I'm on a HP Windows 11, and when i installed a Virtual Audio Cable to add audio from an application, to discord, i installed the driver, and restarted, like it asked, and it had marked the Input for the virtual cable as an Output, and the Input was marked as Output, how do i...
  5. Audio Jack input/output setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Jack input/output setting: Hi, this is just a small question regarding a specific audio setting. This setting was a pop-up for each time I plugged sth into the audio jack and it showed a list of devices that could be plugged into the jack e.g. Mic, Headphones, speakers, etc. I got an external mic but...
  6. Audio Jack input/output setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Jack input/output setting: Hi, this is just a small question regarding a specific audio setting. This setting was a pop-up for each time I plugged sth into the audio jack and it showed a list of devices that could be plugged into the jack e.g. Mic, Headphones, speakers, etc. I got an external mic but...
  7. Audio Jack input/output setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. PC Audio Input jack issue

PC Audio Input jack issue: Regarding an HP Pavillion operating Windows 10. I am a radio DJ and record from home. I have a mic plugged into a small mixing board. From there, it's an RCA-style audio cord that plugs into input jack at the back of the PC. Suddenly, the jack isn't recognizing anything. I...
  9. Audio input says cable not plugged in.

Audio input says cable not plugged in.: I have 2 side by side Dell 9020 SFF computers with i7 4770 and 16 GB memory. Both have SSD drives. Both have WIN 10 Pro. I have a 12" M-M 3.5mm stereo cable from the output of one 9020 to the input of the other using the rear jacks. I keep getting cable not plugged in...
  10. Virtual (VB Cable) audio issue - kind of :)

Virtual (VB Cable) audio issue - kind of :): Hi there Hoping someone can help me with this problem. So, I am streaming music to a server and everything is fine from that perspective, high quality, excellent, BUT I am unable to hear the music live from my laptop output (with ear buds) I can only hear via another device...