Windows 10: Need a PCI Ethernet Network Adapter

Discus and support Need a PCI Ethernet Network Adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been having problems with my computer randomly dropping my internet connection. Usually my ping spikes real high, Skype disconnects me, the game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ranar, Jan 9, 2016.

1. ranar Win User

Need a PCI Ethernet Network Adapter

I have been having problems with my computer randomly dropping my internet connection. Usually my ping spikes real high, Skype disconnects me, the game I'm playing disconnects me. I had this problem before upgrading to windows 10 and don't know if its my killer e2200 that came integrated with my motherboard. The driver is updated and I thought I might as well start here before trying to replace modem or router. I also want to add that I have a brand new Cat 6 cable Ethernet cable.

The only problem is trying to find a PCI Ethernet network adapter that is compatible with windows 10. I would really like to avoid using a USB 3.0 and prefer to use a PCI slot. Of course it doesn't need to say "good for gaming" as I think any generic 10/100/1000 Ethernet adapter will do. The problem is finding one that works with Windows 10. Thanks.

And if anyone want to try and solve my network problem your welcome to. I notice it only when I'm playing a game and talking to friends on Skype. I might also be listening to music with a mixture of downloaded and streaming from Spotify. When I'm playing a game and talking I will notice that the persons voice is getting broken up and my game starts to lag, ping spikes way passed 1000. When this happens Skype says I'm offline and I'm trying to reconnect. The problem I'm facing leads me to believe it could be my router thinking that I'm taking to much bandwidth or something. I have a Linksys EA4500, and I have my computer under Media Prioritization. My modem is a Motorola SB6141.

:)

ranar, Jan 9, 2016
  2. nat_bl Win User

the new build 14951 has the same problems  as 14942/14946

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter PCI

nat_bl, Jan 9, 2016
  3. No Supported Networking Devices?

Being someone with this exact same problem, here are the details I found after digging through MSinfo32, that I believe are relevant:

Name [00000007] 802.11g PCI Wireless Network Adapter

Adapter Type Ethernet 802.3

Product Type 802.11g PCI Wireless Network Adapter

Name [00000010] RAS Async Adapter

Adapter Type Wide Area Network (WAN)

Product Type RAS Async Adapter

Name [00000011] Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Adapter Type Ethernet 802.3

Product Type Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Einar Gissurarson, Jan 9, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Changing the adapter isnot going to resolve an issue on the ISP side.

What do your power levels show on the modem? Post a Screenshot.

bro67, Jan 9, 2016
  5. ranar Win User
    I realize that, I don't know what it is, that's why I would start here. I just feel like all I have is problems with Killer Ethernet adapters.

Here is a picture of the signal levels of modem

Need a PCI Ethernet Network Adapter [​IMG]

ranar, Jan 10, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    My procedure has been to reboot a desktop computer into the BIOS Setup and disable the onboard Ethernet/Network adapter, shutdown, pull the power cord out of the computer and wait a minute so residual power will drain off the motherboard. Pressing the On/Off switch should do the same. Then on newer computer I will install a PCIe X1 NIC/Network Interface Card or if no PCIe X1 slot there should be a PCI slot and use a PCI card. May have to install software but should have come with it. The advertisements for such a card should specify the OS it will work with.
    An example of a PCIe X1 card, many others available:
    Intel EXPI9301CTBLK PCI-Express Network Adapter - Newegg.com

Berton, Jan 10, 2016
  7. ranar Win User
    Berton that's funny I was looking at that card. I have just been getting mixed reviews on it saying that it works on windows 10 while a few have reported that it doesn't work on windows 10.

ranar, Jan 10, 2016
  8. Berton Win User

I was looking for something else and that was just the first in the list of many they offer.

Berton, Jan 10, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    These are what your Signal levels should be. What should my Signal Levels be? Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ | DSLReports, ISP Information

Normal troubleshooting of signal levels, is to connect the Cable Modem at the Static Block outside, to see if the signal gets better or worst.

You should only have one splitter between your incoming drop and the Cable Modem. It should state -3.5db on both outputs.

Sometimes they will "pad" the signal, by placing a splitter with a -7.0db output, to bring the signal down to spec's for the modem.

Check the error log for the modem, to see what it is showing.

I would not replace the onboard yet, because I highly doubt that is the issue.

bro67, Jan 10, 2016
  10. topgundcp Win User
    @ranar
    Not really sure if it's your Killer e2200 that causes the problem. As you can see, I also have the Killer e2200 that came with my MB. Double check if you have the latest driver for it.

topgundcp, Jan 10, 2016
  11. ranar Win User
    I have Time Warner Cable does that matter. I have heard that having 30 something db is okay. As seen at this post:Modem signal levels @ 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1 - TWC Community Forums The setup I currently have going is this:

@topgundcp
    I checked and I have the same driver version. 8.1.0.31

ranar, Jan 10, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    No it does not matter who your provider is. Just matters that the signal change if you connect it directly to where the drop is attached to the Static block.

bro67, Jan 10, 2016
  13. bro67 Win User

8.1.0.31 is still the current firmware for that modem.

bro67, Jan 10, 2016
  14. bro67 Win User
    Post the error log. As long as you do not go way below -5db to +5db for Downstream or over 52db for Upstream, it should be safe.

There is no perfect formula, because it all depends on the load on the node.

bro67, Jan 10, 2016
  15. bro67 Win User
    That link that you gave is not something I would go by. The idiot talking about getting rid of the old Docsis 2.0 modems soes not have a clue.

No modem steals more bandwidth from another. It is about the load that is placed on the node.

It is like those who complain about too many people tuned into a certain program, is why their box reboots.

bro67, Jan 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Need a PCI Ethernet Network Adapter - Similar Threads - Need PCI Ethernet

2. Realtek PCI GbE Ethernet adapter problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek PCI GbE Ethernet adapter problem: Product: HP ProBook 430 G5 Notebook PCOperating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Hello,Very strange issue:When connecting the CAT cable to LAN port on my ProBook it gets a link on a router port which I use several months already but after trying to identify the network for a...
  3. Realtek PCI GbE Ethernet adapter problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek PCI GbE Ethernet adapter problem: Product: HP ProBook 430 G5 Notebook PCOperating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Hello,Very strange issue:When connecting the CAT cable to LAN port on my ProBook it gets a link on a router port which I use several months already but after trying to identify the network for a...
  4. Ethernet Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Network Adapters: Probably a highly novice question, but where do I go in Windows settings to find out if a given computer has a single or dual band ethernet network adapter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-network-adapters/53587442-9d86-4398-b345-65a749b02eb6
  5. Ethernet Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Network Adapters: Probably a highly novice question, but where do I go in Windows settings to find out if a given computer has a single or dual band ethernet network adapter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-network-adapters/53587442-9d86-4398-b345-65a749b02eb6
  6. Ethernet Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Ethernet network adapter missing

Ethernet network adapter missing: My ethernet network adapter suddenly went missing. I have tried many methods and it still wont work. I cannot uninstall it as it is not even there and i already tried uninstalling previous updates the update was 1 month ago and it still wont work I always had this problem...
  8. Issues with integrated Ethernet and PCI-E Ethernet adapters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with integrated Ethernet and PCI-E Ethernet adapters: Hello, Recently my on-board Ethernet port stopped working. At first I noticed that I no longer had the Wired Connection in the bottom right of my taskbar, instead replaced by the Wi-Fi symbol. I checked to make sure that my ethernet cable was plugged in, and that the...
  9. Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings

Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings: Can any one just solve my below problem. I am having trouble with my Windows 10 network adapter problem. It shows multiple adapter in network adapter settings. Please see below screen shot. and Sometimes it doesn't shows any adapter at all. and i see at my wifi-router no...
  10. Driver support for PCI Network Adapter

Driver support for PCI Network Adapter: I recently bought a TP LINK TF-3200 card because my Lan port got fried :P. But, it id getting detected but is not working as I am not able to find new drivers for it. Need help urgently please. 27215