Windows 10: Need a WIndows 10 Pro 64 bit installation flash drive

Discus and support Need a WIndows 10 Pro 64 bit installation flash drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to have available, at all times, a flash drive with the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on it. I believe the procedure is to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nisko, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

Need a WIndows 10 Pro 64 bit installation flash drive

I would like to have available, at all times, a flash drive with the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on it. I believe the procedure is to download it from the Microsoft site (ISO), burn it to a DVD - then copy the files on to a flash drive.

1. How large should the capacity of the flash drive be?
    2. Where on the Microsoft site does the latest version reside?
    3. How often is the version updated?

If you can add any advice to your response, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance!!!

:)

Nisko, Mar 12, 2018
  2. GrayKelly Win User

Windows 10 Pro flash stick

Trying to install Windows 10 Pro using the flash stick on an Intel iMac using bootcamp. Somehow the flash drive is downloading the 32 bit and I need the 64 bit. how do I get to the 64bit version,

GrayKelly, Mar 12, 2018
  3. Query about creating recovery media on USB 3.0

Good day!!!

1.Can I as a bootable USB drive (if I install Windows 10 Pro 64 bit) to use a USB flash drive USB 3.0 and have a quick installation Windows 10 Pro 64 bit thanks to USB 3.0 standard, compared with flash USB 2.0?

2. Can I still create a recovery disk to use a USB flash drive USB 3.0?

3. Which is better to choose the parameters of the stick to use it as a bootable USB drive Windows 10 Pro 64-bit with the USB 3.0 standard write speed of 75 Mb / s or 120Mb / s read speed of 12 Mb / s or 25 Mb / s? How can I feel it?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Original title: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

григорийТарнавский, Mar 12, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Go to the MCT/Media Creation Tool site and you can eventually get both the .iso for creating a DVD and create the bootable USB drive. Win10 Pro and Win10 Home/Core will install depending upon which version was previously installed or based upon the Product Key provided by the User when needed. For the USB use at least an 8GB. I actually use a 16GB Thumb drive and add the later Build updates to it.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...allation-media

Berton, Mar 12, 2018
  5. Nisko Win User
    Thank you. One question: what does MCT mean?
    Another: Is there a fixed date of the month when the new versions are released?

Nisko, Mar 12, 2018
  6. mrgeek Win User
    "One question: what does MCT mean?"

MCT=Media Creation Tool. It downloads the initial major build, eg-1709. It's faster if you elect not to 'get Updates now' when you install, then just fetch subsequent updates via WU.

mrgeek, Mar 12, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    Media Creation Tool - there's a tutorial on how to make the usb, Option One here...
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

Cumulative updates are generally issued on the second Tuesday of the month (there's one out today, in fact), but the USB/ISO install media isn't updated for each cumulative update - you install the base build and it then checks for and downloads the latest update.

The install media will be updated when the next version of Windows 10 is released. 1803 is expected to be coming in April. New versions are expected to be released every six months, so look out for the one after 1083 some time in October. There's no precise date for the new releases (last minute problems may hold up the release) but in the past it has usually been about a week after 'Patch Tuesday'.

8. Nisko Win User

Thanks to both of you!!!

Nisko, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need a WIndows 10 Pro 64 bit installation flash drive - Similar Threads - Need Pro bit

2. Windows 10 64 bit installation from flash drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 64 bit installation from flash drive: After deleting drivers reformat my PC it couldn't find drivers to install so I canceled it. I tried to fix problem and it said it couldn't be fixed. So I shut down PC . Can I start over again and what can I do to continue installation from my USB flash drive??? I'm worried...
  3. Windows 10 64 bit installation from flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 64 bit installation from flash drive: After deleting drivers reformat my PC it couldn't find drivers to install so I canceled it. I tried to fix problem and it said it couldn't be fixed. So I shut down PC . Can I start over again and what can I do to continue installation from my USB flash drive??? I'm worried...
  4. Windows 10 64 bit installation from flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need to do a clean install for Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to do a clean install for Windows 10 Pro 64 bit: I need to install Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. My PC has been working on a 32 bit system. As an artist I want to upgrade it to a 64 bit system. It is running Windows 10 32 bit system. I has checked my processor and it will run a 64 bit system. I have upgrade my ram to 32GBs. I have...
  6. need older windows 10 64 bit pro

need older windows 10 64 bit pro: I have a asus zephyrus rog laptop that came with windows 10 pro 64 bit I lost recovery after installing new hard drive windows ver 1903 and up are causing driver problems need older version of windows like maybe 1700=1800 version I had Microsoft remote my computer twice...
  7. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit: I have been using Clonezilla-live for years. It no longer works as both my computers are UEFI. What suggestions do you have that will not cost me a fortune to back up my computers. Thank for any help. 143195
  8. New install Windows 10 pro 64-bit

New install Windows 10 pro 64-bit: I am installing the above in a rebuilt ASUS A53E-A51 Laptop with a new Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSHD-2.5" SATA 6GB/s Flash storage device. I booted up, got the installation going for a clean install, entered my new key code, had it confirmed. I'm now at the screen: "Where do...
  9. Flash Drives 32 or 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash Drives 32 or 64 bit?: I want to purchase a 128G Flash Drive. I didn't realize they come in 32-bit and 64-bit. I don't know the difference or if it even matters. I have 4 64-bit laptops with Window 10 Home. I may install a Linux distro in the future. Does it matter which Flash Drive I get now. Any...
  10. Flash Drives 32 or 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Support
    Flash Drives 32 or 64 bit?: I want to purchase a 128G Flash Drive. I didn't realize they come in 32-bit and 64-bit. I don't know the difference or if it even matters. I have 4 64-bit laptops with Window 10 Home. I may install a Linux distro in the future. Does it matter which Flash Drive I get now. Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installation usb windows 10 but need pro