Windows 10: Need activation key to update to Anniversary Upgrade W10

Discus and support Need activation key to update to Anniversary Upgrade W10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I never received a activation/product key for my version of W10 which was downloaded from the official Microsoft website over a year ago. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sparkygroover, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Need activation key to update to Anniversary Upgrade W10

I never received a activation/product key for my version of W10 which was downloaded from the official Microsoft website over a year ago. How can I proceed to upgrade to the latest Anniversary update as I don`t have the required key/code. Thanks in advance.

:)

sparkygroover, Aug 2, 2016

2. windows 10 anniversary reinstall

accepted and downloaded windows 10 anniversary edition a few months ago. It is working but I have a few problems and would like

reinstall w10 anniversary edition

I guess my activated edition has a digital key. I have no recovery media as it was a free update from Microsoft. What do I need to do to uninstall and reinstall without loosing my licence.

barry the pom, Aug 2, 2016
  3. garybear89, Aug 2, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Need activation key to update to Anniversary Upgrade W10

If you downloaded W10 within the first year and activated, no key is required for the update.

RWOne, Aug 2, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Aug 2, 2016
  6. I did install W10 in within the first year. I think I`m gonna have to wait till MS release the update in my country.

7. sparkygroover, Aug 2, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

If it is not activated then it violates the End Users License Agreement to be using it:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Uset...10_English.htm
    5. Authorized Software and Activation. You are authorized to use this software only if you are properly licensed and the software has been properly activated with a genuine product key or by other authorized method. When you connect to the Internet while using the software, the software will automatically contact Microsoft or its affiliate to confirm the software is genuine and the license is associated with the licensed device. You can also activate the software manually by Internet or telephone.

NavyLCDR, Aug 2, 2016
  9. RWOne Win User
    Let me lay it out:

If you upgraded to W10 in the first year for free - You DONT get a key. You get an entitlement for that system.

If you are saying you need a key now to upgrade, then you are contradicting yourself, because a valid upgrade will have activated and you have ZERO need of a key to perform the Anniv update.

I feel the mod hammer coming ...

RWOne, Aug 2, 2016
  10. Need activation key to update to Anniversary Upgrade W10 [​IMG]
    That`s a screenshot. Hope that helps.

11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Try changing your product key to:
    YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7

that is the proper Windows 10 Home product key that should be installed if you upgraded from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1.

If that product key does not give you an activation, then you need to purchase a product key for Windows 10.

After you change the product key, you can open a command prompt (admin) windows (right click on the start icon, it's one of the choices there) and run the following two commands:
    slmgr /ato
    slmgr /dlv

the two result windows will tell us if it activated, and if not might give a clue as to why not.

NavyLCDR, Aug 2, 2016
  12. Inundated Win User
    Downloading it in the first year doesn't count. You need to complete the installation (have it running) from the download. If you just downloaded it, it's not activated.

If you are installing it on a machine that had 7/8.1 genuine on it, Microsoft activates it AFTER installation in what's called a "digital entitlement". You would need no key. Microsoft's servers know you're legit.

If that sentence doesn't apply to you, quoting NavyLCDR above:

Inundated, Aug 2, 2016
  13. Need activation key to update to Anniversary Upgrade W10

Attachment 93912That`s a screenshot. Hope that helps.

14. Need activation key to update to Anniversary Upgrade W10 [​IMG]
    That`s what I got after changing the product which btw I have tried numerous and they never work. I still don`t get why they give it away for free and then after the first year expect you to buy a product key? Gonna look for a cracked version on Utorrents *Smile)))))

15. NavyLCDR New Member
    They gave away free upgrades from Windows 7/8/8.1 only. Apparently you didn't upgrade. You won't find what you are looking for here.

NavyLCDR, Aug 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Need activation key to update to Anniversary Upgrade W10 - Similar Threads - Need activation key

2. w10 activation key needed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    w10 activation key needed: I bought w10 pack and installed ok. system failed at some point . went to local pc shop / Iteck - Lampeter. system reloaded with their version of w10. system now asking for activation key, which I don't have ( digital version used) company now packed up and not available...
  3. activation key needed

activation key needed: I keep getting a message saying that my windows 10 Education is about to expire and i need to enter a product key to reactivate. i dont have it. where can i buy one? or what is best thing to do?...
  4. Installed W10's activation key?

Installed W10's activation key?: Hello. Is W10 Home Ed's control panel -> system and security -> system -> Windows activation's Product ID the key (its last three letters says OEM) used to install & activate? If not, then where I can get its activation key to install W10 cleanly from scratch? Thank you for...
  5. Anniversary Upgrade W10 dual-boot license change

Anniversary Upgrade W10 dual-boot license change: I've read different threads/posts about Anniversary Upgrade license/activation changes/issues/questions. My situation is different than what I've read, so i created this thread as an fyi for anyone interested in multi-boot. Here's what happened for me with a multi-boot...
  6. Can't update to W10 Anniversary Update?

Can't update to W10 Anniversary Update?: PC is up to date, downloaded the anniversary update via windows update. PC restarts and acts like its installing and it goes back to build 1511? I tried downloading the manual installer and same thing, doesn't seem like anyone had this problem yet? The manual...
  7. Migrate W10 Anniversary version to an upgraded PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate W10 Anniversary version to an upgraded PC?: I have two old systems running W10 with the Anniversary update applied. I want to upgrade the MB and Processor on these systems but don't want to buy yet another copy of Windows. The last time I ran into this issue the Microsoft CSR said I'd have to go back to the W8 CD/Key...
  8. Can't get laptop to upgrade to Anniversary Update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get laptop to upgrade to Anniversary Update.: OK so I have an Asus Zenbook Prime(UX31A) Ultrabook. It was purchased in 2013 and came with Windows 8 x64 Pro installed. The specs are … Intel i7, 256gig SSD drive, 4gig memory. I’ve since updated it to 8.1, then ultimately to Windows 10 Pro TH2 (x64). That said, I had...
  9. Windows Anniversary. Is it an Update or an Upgrade ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Anniversary. Is it an Update or an Upgrade ?: I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this. Many are calling this an 'update', whereas a few are mentioning 'upgrade'. My understanding is that as an 'Update', we have no choice but to install it when released. i.e its just a normal Windows update. If it...
  10. W10 Anniversary Update - delete windows.old directory?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Anniversary Update - delete windows.old directory?: One me time! After installing the Anniversary Update I cannot delete the "windows.old" folder. I have gone through the routine of System Settings>Storage>This PC>Temporary Files and checked the Previous Version of Windows. That did the job and cleared out everything except a...