Windows 10: Need Administrator's authority to delete items. Won't work.

Discus and support Need Administrator's authority to delete items. Won't work. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So, a few days ago I noticed this strange bi-colored shield--two quadrants blue, two yellow--on program icons like CCleaner, Dashlane, Revo Uninstaller... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CtheUSA, Apr 24, 2018.

1. CtheUSA Win User

Need Administrator's authority to delete items. Won't work.

So, a few days ago I noticed this strange bi-colored shield--two quadrants blue, two yellow--on program icons like CCleaner, Dashlane, Revo Uninstaller and some others. I can't open Dashlane. With files (docx), I can't delete them. The properties say I need Admin privileges, but I AM the Admin. How do I remove all these Admin properties on everything? Thanks much. (Windows 10 tower.) *cry

:)

CtheUSA, Apr 24, 2018

2. .tmp files in my Local Disk (CNeed Administrator's authority to delete items.  Won't work. :)

Well, now that I tried to delete the files, they won't delete. It says it needs administrators permission and I tried from the administrator account, it didn't work

Dhruv Singh Tomar, Apr 24, 2018
  3. Need Administrator Authority To Copy, Paste, & Delete Files In Windows 10

I discovered something I hadn't noticed before. I marked a group of files and right clicked on the group to select an action. I noticed a "Run as administrator" choice in the list of options. I selected this option and I was able to perform actions that
    I couldn't previously.

JamesMitchellJr, Apr 24, 2018
  4. simrick Win User

Hi CtheUSA and welcome to Tenforums.
    What anti-virus do you have on the machine?
    Are you using Trend Micro with Folder Shield? or did you turn on Windows Controller Folder Access?
    Is the shield flashing? Have you been hit with some sort of malware?

simrick, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Need Administrator's authority to delete items. Won't work. - Similar Threads - Need Administrator's authority

2. Getting Administrator Authority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Administrator Authority: I have been using Windows for many and able to work on it with Administrator authority when I needed it. But after an upgrade to Windows a few months ago, my Administrator authority went away. And when I try to do something that requires authority, it brings up a popup...
  3. Getting Administrator Authority

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Administrator Authority: I have been using Windows for many and able to work on it with Administrator authority when I needed it. But after an upgrade to Windows a few months ago, my Administrator authority went away. And when I try to do something that requires authority, it brings up a popup...
  4. Getting Administrator Authority

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Administrator authority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator authority: After format and installing Windows 10 even though I am Administrator . I can't copy files to flash drive USB. Note that the flash works on another device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-authority/418a8123-b9b9-4447-952d-fe2fe223d069
  6. Administrator authority

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator authority: After format and installing Windows 10 even though I am Administrator . I can't copy files to flash drive USB. Note that the flash works on another device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-authority/418a8123-b9b9-4447-952d-fe2fe223d069
  7. Administrator authority

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Need to delete files but need administrator permissions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to delete files but need administrator permissions.: I dont know why these administrator permissions exist but anyway, I tried to delete some files in a program and it wouldnt let me because I need permissions from the administrator, someone please help!...
  9. Item on Desktop won't delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Item on Desktop won't delete: I have an item on my Desktop. It used to have the image of a folder over the last few days, but just now I looked at it and it looks like a document page? In any case, I'm not able to delete it via any means that I know of. I searched here last night and found a few...
  10. Administrator Authority

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Authority: Hi There, I have recently purchased a refurbished laptop and I wish to obtain Administrator Authority. How would I go about setting this??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-authority/6820e307-361f-486b-a86a-b94b3e84e352"