Windows 10: Need advice for using Windows 10 Pro on a Thinkpad X200 Tablet.

Discus and support Need advice for using Windows 10 Pro on a Thinkpad X200 Tablet. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ordered an old Ebay refurbished Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Tablet to replace my too slow Dell ST2. It has 4GB ram and has been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by leonicholson, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Need advice for using Windows 10 Pro on a Thinkpad X200 Tablet.

Ordered an old Ebay refurbished Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Tablet to replace my too slow Dell ST2.
    It has 4GB ram and has been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I intend to clone the HDD to SSD.

Can anyone here advise on any issues and recommended drivers?
    I know it's old school, but just needed an inexpensive browser for the porch.

:)

leonicholson, Aug 13, 2017
  2. JoeNamco Win User

windows 10 updates

Your best bet is to stay on Win 7 as looking at the blogs and forums for that model is showing lots of issues ( here is just one of many

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-10/Thinkpad-X200-Tablet-Using-Windows-10-Full/td-p/2081968
    ) trying to get Win10 to work properly which tells me it's not a MS issues as much as it's a system that is on the lower end of the specifications
    chart, also did see where people were having better luck with the 32bit version of Windows 10

JoeNamco, Aug 13, 2017
  3. "Program is too big to fit in memory"

When I open my .exe file from apache, it says "Program is too big to fit in memory". Since it was a .tar.gz, I had to convert it and I did it with WinZip. After I converted it, I tried to open it but the command prompt opened and said "Program is too big
    to fit in memory". The command prompt closed a second later.

Any help?

Lenovo Thinkpad X200 Tablet

Windows 10 (recent upgrade)

Thanks,

Luke

Also posted on "Program is too big to fit in memory" - Lenovo Community

qq410219243, Aug 13, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Need advice for using Windows 10 Pro on a Thinkpad X200 Tablet.

If it has already been upgraded to Windows 10, then first export the drivers for the tablet to a USB flash drive or SD card. Let's say the SD Card or USB flash drive gets drive letter E:\. You create a folder on E:\ drive to hold the drivers - let's say you create a folder named Drivers.

Open a Command Prompt (admin) or Powershell (admin) and run:
    dism /online /export-driver /destination:E:\Drivers

Adjust the path in Red to match the drive and folder you create to hold the drivers. Then clone only the OS partition (C:\ drive) over the top of the tablet's existing C: drive partition. Then you will have to run a utility to fix the BCD to point to the newly cloned partition. Windows standard startup repair should do it. Macrium Reflect Free is an excellent program to do both the cloning with and when booting from a Macrium Reflect Rescue drive there is an option under the restore menu to Fix Windows boot problems which will fix the BCD for you after cloning the OS partition.

After you clone the OS partition and fix the BCD to boot into it, there might be some hardware problems in Device Manager - exclamation points or "unknown devices". You can manually install the drivers for that hardware from the drivers you exported to a USB flash drive or SD card.

NavyLCDR, Aug 13, 2017
  5. I've always used Macrium Reflect to clone the entire existing HDD onto an SSD and just replace the HDD with it and do a clean install.

I will back up the drivers onto a USB. That's a good idea. *Smile

leonicholson, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Need advice for using Windows 10 Pro on a Thinkpad X200 Tablet.

1. Need advice for using Windows 10 Pro on a Thinkpad X200 Tablet. - Similar Threads - Need advice using

2. Need some advice on encrypting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some advice on encrypting in Windows 10: TLDR: Can a PC with multiple HDDs and SSDs and 3 installations of Windows 10 be configured and encrypted so that the 3 instances of Windows 10 are totally unaware of each other and inaccessible either by myself or anyone else and only be accessible when booted into? I've...
  3. Windows 10 won't boot. Advice needed

Windows 10 won't boot. Advice needed: Think it's a virus. This is what's happening after switching on Laptop: O - No boot device available or Operating System detected O - Blue Screen of Death minutes after reaching logging in O - Factory Reset isn't able to be done through troubleshooting or CMD Any possible...
  4. Windows tablet advice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows tablet advice: I'm looking to purchase a new Windows tablet that will run the audible and kindle apps. I recently bought a surface go only to find these apps weren't compatible, luckily a was able to return it. Can anyone advise me on a tablet that is compatible with these apps? I only...
  5. Need networking advice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need networking advice: I am trying to transfer files from my laptop (Windows 10 x64, ver 1909) to my desktop (Win 10 x64 ver 20H2. I have a lot of options, but can't seem to get any to work: 1) Google Drive--I appear to have two Google Drives, one talking to my phone and laptop, the other to my...
  6. Advice needed (Logic Pro X)

Advice needed (Logic Pro X): Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy a new laptop. I'm a Windows fanboy to the core, done my research and it's the obvious choice for me. It also suits my main job better than a Mac could. That being said, I'm getting into music production on the side (professionally) - about a...
  7. THinkpad 10 tablet keeps providing usb power??

in Windows 10 Support
    THinkpad 10 tablet keeps providing usb power??: Windows 1903 Hello again, I am attempting to use my thinkpad 10 tablet ( Windows) as a car front end. I am getting there ( *Smile ), but am still stuck by some problems. One of these is power management. I have various peripherals connected via a separately...
  8. Lenovo X200

in Windows 10 Support
    Lenovo X200: I have a Lenovo X200 laptop I got at a garage sale for a crazy price of $5.00. It has a 2.4 C2D processor, 8gb of ram, had 4 when I got it but had the 8gb laying around so installed it, a 80gb hd which I am going to change and had windows 7 pro on it now has windows 10 pro...
  9. Frequent BSOD on Thinkpad X200 tablet with two screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD on Thinkpad X200 tablet with two screens: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago, and have been experiencing frequent BSOD over time for different reasons. Attached is the log of the last one I just encountered today (there are also dumps from some of the earlier BSODs). It occurs when I am not by the...
  10. Configure 10 pro to always use Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Configure 10 pro to always use Tablet Mode: Good Morning, Im not sure if what i want to do is possible, but i have a project to setup some machines to be used to access the internet, What i want to do is not have a desktop at all, but have the tablet mode with links to IE(or edge) firefox and chrome, word excel etc....