Windows 10: Need an Anti Virus/Internet Security Package that works

Discus and support Need an Anti Virus/Internet Security Package that works in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been struggling to find an Anti Virus/Firewall/Internet Security package that is fully compatible with Windows 10, and all of my components in all... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rolldog, Oct 5, 2016.

1. rolldog Win User

Need an Anti Virus/Internet Security Package that works

I've been struggling to find an Anti Virus/Firewall/Internet Security package that is fully compatible with Windows 10, and all of my components in all of my PCs.

It wasn't long ago that I was getting the Blue Screen of death regularly, and after doing a little research, I found out that some people were having compatibility issues between Kaspersky Total Security and that build of Windows 10. Before Windows 10 was even released, I was having compatibility problems between Bitdefender and AI Suite, which cam with the MB of my desktop computer, so I didn't want to switch back to them because I'm not sure if this is still an issue. My internet service provider offers a copy of McAfee for anyone who has their internet service through them. I downloaded it and installed it, but it seemed like a very stripped down version of McAfee.

Does anyone have a suggestion for some sort of Total Internet Security Package that's fully compatible with Windows 10 and doesn't hog all the memory? If you've heard about these problems with Bitdefender and/or Kaspersky but know that the compatibility issues have been worked out, I would love to know. I'm currently using Windows Firewall and Defender, which is totally inadequate for me, so if anyone has any suggestions for a good Total Security Package, I would love to hear about it, even if it's one of the ones I mentioned but the issues have been fixed. This time, I'll download their 30 trial package instead of just buying a 1 year membership since I now have 1 year memberships for 3 different applications.

Thanks a lot, and I hope to hear from someone soon.

:)

rolldog, Oct 5, 2016

2. N 900 antivirus

it isn't question of "need to install",, there aren't any anti virus packages.

you should always be careful when using a device on the internet. though maemo is going to be fairly secure, if some one sends you malware and an email or a link to something bad in an sms, you run the risk of infection, exactly the same on a pc

as far as i know there are no virus or malware packages that could infect the N900 at the moment

cpitchford, Oct 5, 2016
  3. anti virus for nokia n95 8gb

Apparently both of these anti virus packages work from F-Secure.

F-Secure Mobile Security

F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus

N95-8GB is listed in the supported devices list.

So try the 2 top files at the top of the list when you click the link.

F-Secure

adamf---01, Oct 5, 2016
  4. Need an Anti Virus/Internet Security Package that works

I had McAfee on all my systems and started getting nagging 6 months before it was due to run out, it was asking md to pay to re new the licence, it also took hours to scan and in all that time only updated twice.
    It also slowed the system up.
    I now only use Windows Defender on all my systems and also the anti-malware that come free with windows update.
    Since doing the above all my systems are faster and still bug free

Why is it totally inadequate for you, I all together Look after 18 OS, 24/7 all running the above

hTconeM9user, Oct 5, 2016
  5. For the record, it is actually all those ultra super premium suites, which cause problems. The less junk, the better.
    All those extra features do not increase the protection noticable, the basic AV engine is all that is really needed.

Windows Firewall is more than sufficient, you can add Firewall Software by GlassWire to maintain it.
    There is even Bitdefender Antivirus Free that would be a great combo with the above combination.

TairikuOkami, Oct 6, 2016
  6. rolldog Win User
    Ok, I didn't realize this. I just keep a lot of sensitive data on my computers, so I worry if Windows Defender and Windows Firewall is enough. I remember when using Kaspersky, if it detected an incoming connection, it would tell me about it and ask if it was something I recognized or not. I would love to be able to get by with these two, but I guess I just need to get used to using them first. All of the premium software packages do take up a ton of memory, which is why I would love to be able to discard them. If Defender and Firewall are ok by themselves, then I'm going to just stay with them. I just need to get used to it.

rolldog, Oct 6, 2016
  7. Phone Man Win User
    Phone Man, Oct 6, 2016
  8. Need an Anti Virus/Internet Security Package that works

One more thing, in order to run other AV it is better to completely disable Windows Defender.
    Normal way will just mark it as disabled, but its services keep running and can cause conflicts.
    To completely disable run "Disable WD.bat" as admin. To enable it back, run the second one.

TairikuOkami, Oct 6, 2016
  9. eLPuSHeR Win User
    I have found out that anything other than WD is looking for trouble. Just do a layered protection approach and use common sense. In most cases, it should be enough and adequate.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 6, 2016
  10. I too have loads of sensitive data on all my systems, but I find Windows Defender and the Firewall keeps it all safe, as we use online banking as well and that has it own protection and firewall which works excellent with the above, in fact when we had third party software to protect it we could not use the online banking app protection, that is why we moved all systems over to the above, also all systems are now faster and not freezing or crashing.
    Yes just bear with it

hTconeM9user, Oct 6, 2016
  11. RolandJS Win User
    After years of 3rd party this, that, the other, presently using Windows 7 Pro, I have settled very nicely on Windows Firewall, MSE, Emsisoft AM [which now includes AV], SpywareBlaster [host file guru, and Ruiware/BillP Studio combine.

RolandJS, Oct 6, 2016
  12. prikker Win User
    Firewall W10. I don't use Defender, because it's protection I find very poor and it updates to little. I use Avira free (it updates every 2 hours) in combination with Malwarebytes home Premium (lifetime), and Malwarebytes anti-exploit free. Seems more than adequate to me. And of course myself*Wink

prikker, Oct 6, 2016
  13. Need an Anti Virus/Internet Security Package that works

Funny my Defender updates 2 to 3 times a day and it scans 3 times a day but you can scan it more if you want, better than others I have used.
    Some I have used only updated and scanned once a week

hTconeM9user, Oct 6, 2016
  14. HRC
    HRC Win User
    Same here with Defender updates 2-3 per day.

15. prikker Win User
    Okay, but the protection is not good enough (for me personally) and scanning I do once a month automatically with Malwarebytes.

prikker, Oct 6, 2016
Thema:

Need an Anti Virus/Internet Security Package that works

1. Need an Anti Virus/Internet Security Package that works - Similar Threads - Need Anti Virus

2. Anti virus buttons not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anti virus buttons not working: Hello i got a virus, tried to resolve it with the windows defender, partially it was working but i started to scan with malware bytes remove the virus and restart the pc when it was booting it started to do the updates then it suddently blue screen, i don't know if it's...
  3. Security, Protection, Anti-virus

Security, Protection, Anti-virus: I just got a new computer. It comes with Windows Defender Antivirus. What else should I get? Where should I purchase it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-protection-anti-virus/1d92f470-64d9-4fd6-a26b-0c6be1f434e5
  4. Do I need an Anti-Virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need an Anti-Virus?: I am an advanced user, and I don't like having Windows Defender. I like to use Malwarebytes, AVG, or similar. Should I install an AV, or am I fine without it? Edit: Also, it is a dualboot with Linux Mint 19.3 submitted by /u/Kitten622 [link] [comments]...
  5. How to delete Seguarzo Anti Virus Malware if anti viruses not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete Seguarzo Anti Virus Malware if anti viruses not working: I CAnt delete Seguarzo anti virus says i need perms from administrator. when my account is an admin account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-seguarzo-anti-virus-malware-if-anti/1c05a4a1-c4e2-41ae-a3eb-e396028ed73b
  6. Anti-virus

Anti-virus: I turned off windows anti-virus temporarily. And after that, it says my antivirus is managed by my organization. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus/e4ee73b4-9a3b-49bf-a111-30b138c063d6
  7. Security, Anti-Virus protection

Security, Anti-Virus protection: I have Viper Security installed on my Laptop, I have recently had a problem with receiving phony scams from a third party (inferring they are from Microsoft). I reported that to Microsoft Security. I now would like to switch from Viper to Defender (which is on my laptop)....
  8. Need a new Anti-Virus.

Need a new Anti-Virus.: I got a Critical update on the 17th. Since then, Tablet(Windows 10) has been running slow. Tried doing a System Restore. AVG blocked the restore. Ended up removing AVG. Tried Windows Defender. Updated it and tried to run the scan. Defender kept freezing 3 seconds into the...
  9. New Malwarebytes 3.0 and the need for anti virus internet security

New Malwarebytes 3.0 and the need for anti virus internet security: Hey Guys, How goes it. So today here I want to pick the brains of some you, and see what your feelings are on the new malware bytes 3 pro and the need for antivirus. As far as malwarebytes just free alone we know its awesome and I'm considering the changing the way I...
  10. Norton Security & Anti Virus vs Webroot Internet secutity

Norton Security & Anti Virus vs Webroot Internet secutity: Any one have an opinion on these security programs. I have an older computer being repaired by the Geek squad and the technician recommended Webroot over Norton. I am presently using Norton. The packaging for the Webroot does not say anything about virus protection. I checked...