Windows 10: Need assistance with answer file, and some changes reverted after

Discus and support Need assistance with answer file, and some changes reverted after in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This tutorial will show step by step how to completely automate Windows Setup and OOBE: Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10 -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kari, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Kari Win User

Need assistance with answer file, and some changes reverted after

This tutorial will show step by step how to completely automate Windows Setup and OOBE: Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials

For Edge favorites, you can use Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) to set them in Audit Mode before sysprepping. The policy you need to edit is Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft Edge > Configure Favorites. Users can edit, add and remove favorites set here.

Alternatively you can configure favorites using policy Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft Edge > Provision Favorites. Provisioning instead of configuring, users cannot edit, sort, move, export or remove favorites.

Chrome is a bit trickier, see for instance this: Google Groups

Start and Taskbar customization:

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Janothin Win User

Hello everyone,

I put together my first answer file, which almost completed what I wanted.

• Created two administrators, and a local account.
    • Skipped express setup
    • Skipped signing into Microsoft account.
    • Skipped creating an account.

However, the following two parts popped up that I would like removed:

• Select Timezone / Location
    • Select Keyboard Layout
    • Secondary Layout Choice
    • Windows Updates
    • Accept User agreement * (Not a big deal, but I would like it removed).

Also, some things did not roll over:

• Microsoft Edge did not save the homepage.
    • Google Chrome did not save homepage/extensions.
    • Start Menu Titles reverted back, customization disappeared.
    • Task bar also reverted back.

If anyone can help with any sections above, I would highly appreciate this!

:)

Janothin, Apr 30, 2018
  3. Used a software removal tool. Some changes were reverted and changed in windows registry. I need help reverting back the changes.

nope. Sadly I did not bother to update the backup... And arent some of these registries are easily fixed back on? I just need to know where to find some of these files and registries to revert some of these changes...

FluxLaRive, Apr 30, 2018
  4. Need assistance with answer file, and some changes reverted after

Cortana needs some assistance?

Heellloooow,

Here you go! I'm here, telling Cortana : ''Hey you human-wannabe (joking), launch Dota 2''. And she offers me to launch several executables without any of them being the one I want.

My question is : Is there any way I can show Cortana (through Windows or by coding) the path to particular executable to fit with a particular command I choose.

For example : I'd like to link ''Dota 2'' with the path : D/Games/SteamApps/common/dota 2 beta/dota.exe

If not, then is it planned to add this feature in a following update? (I mean, really, Microsoft, I would be very disapointed if you didn't ... )

HalNeinberg, Apr 30, 2018
  5. Janothin Win User
    Can anyone help me with this? I would really appreciate it.

Janothin, May 1, 2018
Thema:

Need assistance with answer file, and some changes reverted after

1. Need assistance with answer file, and some changes reverted after - Similar Threads - Need assistance answer

2. I need some assistance with BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need some assistance with BSOD.: Ever since W10 auto updated my pc in late October this year, I've bin getting nonstop bsod. It was working fine never had any problems till now, had it for a year since I built it. I tried everything from scans to repairs memory checks driver updates and even restore points....
  3. I need some assistance with BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need some assistance with BSOD.: Ever since W10 auto updated my pc in late October this year, I've bin getting nonstop bsod. It was working fine never had any problems till now, had it for a year since I built it. I tried everything from scans to repairs memory checks driver updates and even restore points....
  4. I need some assistance with BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. File keeps reverting after changing it to Read-Only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File keeps reverting after changing it to Read-Only: To make it short, I need all files in one of the folders to be set as read-only and when I open the program 2 of the files are missing read-only checks. It's like its reverting to a previous state as soon as the program is opened. Is there any way to make these files...
  6. Help I need some assistance.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help I need some assistance.: The one at the bottom right is annoying me, I kept on doing what it needs to but keeps on appearing. How can I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-i-need-some-assistance/7db962b9-2aed-44da-aff0-7efa19e5326e
  7. I Need Some Assistance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I Need Some Assistance: [ATTACH] Hello, I don't know why but my C drive is always running out of space and I don't know why. I even changed the place where new content is saved under the Change were new content is saved section but it always gets back up to near full nothing i seem to do works....
  8. I need some assistance

I need some assistance: I’ve been having a problem with the windows 10 20h2 64bit update it’s constantly failing to update does anyone have a fix? submitted by /u/glowingE [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k3xqin/i_need_some_assistance/
  9. I need some assistance.

I need some assistance.: Normally I wouldn't care to ask anyone for help because I want to try to do/fix stuff myself but this has me stumped. I never worried about windows updating bc I never had any need to but I tried to download the xbox application to my PC and it requires version 1903, I'm...
  10. Need some assistance with missing functions

in Windows 10 Support
    Need some assistance with missing functions: After a month or so of using Windows 10 I noticed several functions were no longer working. I reinstalled it last night. It took forever and the functions were still not working. Tonight I contact live chat support and was on with them from 7:30 pm to 11:30. First rep stated...