Windows 10: need dkstoj.dll

Discus and support need dkstoj.dll in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thanks, Simrick: As usual, you've got the drill down to the point where help becomes a distinct possibility, rather than a fond hope. Keep up the good... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018.

1. EdTittel Win User

need dkstoj.dll

Thanks, Simrick: As usual, you've got the drill down to the point where help becomes a distinct possibility, rather than a fond hope. Keep up the good work, please!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
  2. chuckp Win User

When I start my computer I get a message that a file, dkstoj.dll is missing. How can I get a copy of it? I already have the folder address for it.

:)

chuckp, Apr 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Reset Local Area Connection Adaptor Message shows after connected

Hi Parth P Patel,

I used METHOD 2 above. [NOT the METHOD 2 in the original post which did not work]

The PC has been operating now for 10 hours and the problem appears to be fixed.

Thank you

Need-help_42, Apr 14, 2018
  4. need dkstoj.dll

Windows

Hello. Few days ago I installed Windows Anniversary Update via Windows 10 Updater from MS Support because it wasn't showing on my Windows Update and I have some issues with display ( everything is bigger) I tried to change scalling but it is on 100 % and
    resolution but still the same and my drivers are up to date. So the thing I am interested for is : If I go to Refresh my PC or Roll back to previous build will I be able to install Anniversary Update again.

Need answer77, Apr 14, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    That is not the name of any known windows dll. It is more likely that it is something malware is trying (and failing) to load.

What is it? That may give us a clue as to its purpose (be it malicious or benign).

6. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Apr 14, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    @chuckp, that's what I was afraid of (thanks Ed for finding that). @simrick is one of the best 'malware hunters' round these parts.

8. chuckp Win User

need dkstoj.dll

Thanks all. I think I'll work on some better security.

chuckp, Apr 16, 2018
  9. Bree New Member
    @chuckp, as a first step, having had something nasty already get on your PC, you should scan for malware.

Be aware that some so-called 'scanners' are nothing more that malware themselves. Read these forums to find the ones that others have recommended and used before, and then only download from the original author's site. AdwScanner is one such scanner, get it from Malwarebytes here...

AdwCleaner - Free Adware Cleaner & Removal Tool

10. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    Bree and Ed are correct; you've got some infection running/trying to run on there, and it's calling for that malicious DLL file, and not finding it; therefore the error.

I might suggest performing these steps, as there may be a Rootkit involved in this one:

RKILL
    Download RKill
    Try the "download now" version. If your system can't run it, try the one named iExplore.exe (to fool the infection). Failing that, try the unsigned one, etc.
    Please post the resulting log.

ADWCleaner
    Downloads - AdwCleaner - ToolsLib
    Scan then clean. Reboot. Please post the logs.

RKILL (again, because everything RKILL does is undone by a reboot)

Malwarebytes Antimalware - be sure to tick the box for Rootkit detection.
    Free Anti-Malware & Malware Removal | Malwarebytes
    Post a copy of the log if it finds anything.

Finally, an ESET online scan for the "all-clear".
    Free Virus Scan | Online Virus Scan from ESET ESET

All tools are free.

simrick, Apr 18, 2018
Thema:

need dkstoj.dll

1. need dkstoj.dll - Similar Threads - need dkstoj dll

2. i need reintall msvcr100.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need reintall msvcr100.dll: i need reinstall MSVCR100.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-reintall-msvcr100dll/d24c8636-b967-45ca-853e-3075393724a9
  3. i need reintall msvcr100.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need reintall msvcr100.dll: i need reinstall MSVCR100.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-reintall-msvcr100dll/d24c8636-b967-45ca-853e-3075393724a9
  4. i need reintall msvcr100.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Need help with a d3d11.dll Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with a d3d11.dll Error: Hello, I have been trying to play Overwatch 2 recently, but when I try to open the game I get an error saying "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll is not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. Try to reinstall the program... [...] 0xc0000428" I have tried reinstalling the...
  6. Need help with a d3d11.dll Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with a d3d11.dll Error: Hello, I have been trying to play Overwatch 2 recently, but when I try to open the game I get an error saying "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll is not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. Try to reinstall the program... [...] 0xc0000428" I have tried reinstalling the...
  7. Need Help With Missing DLL File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Help With Missing DLL File: Whenever I attempt to run a bat script it doesnt allow it. My windows update is disabled due to the Windows activation key I used due to organization politices amd I do not know how to get rid of that, please assist if you can. Thanks.[ATTACH]...
  8. Help needed please with DLL file

in Windows 10 Support
    Help needed please with DLL file: Hello all, I had Kaspersky Security Cloud Free version on my computer, thought better of it and decided to remove it and go back to Windows Security. I removed KSC Free with Revo Uninstaller, it left a few files that I deleted manually and then Windows Security started back...
  9. Missing dll files - I NEED HELP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing dll files - I NEED HELP!: Hi guys, I'm having some serious trouble with my windows 10 laptop... I've recently started it back up and tried loading up a programme Origin and i has now said 3 different messages: - MSVCP140.dlll Missing - VCRUNTIME140.dll Missing - api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll...
  10. msvcp110.dll file not working need help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    msvcp110.dll file not working need help: Hi, when I try to start a game through uplay i get this message: c://WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/msvcp110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator...