Windows 10: Need driver for sound card

Discus and support Need driver for sound card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a sound card, Dynex DXSC5.1, that I cannot get to work for Windows 10 and it worked before, just that I had to wipe my hard drive and re-install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KBarber79, Jul 25, 2018.

1. KBarber79 Win User

Need driver for sound card

I have a sound card, Dynex DXSC5.1, that I cannot get to work for Windows 10 and it worked before, just that I had to wipe my hard drive and re-install Windows 10 the other day. Please help me find a driver that works with this card, I know it's outdated but it worked before the re-install.

:)

KBarber79, Jul 25, 2018

2. Sound driver is not working properly

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

What is the make and model the computer?

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    c. Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.
    d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.
    Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Steps follows for Windows 10 also)

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 25, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Need driver for sound card

sound not working

Hello Austin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Need driver for sound card

1. Need driver for sound card - Similar Threads - Need driver sound

2. need sound driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need sound driver: sound driver software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-sound-driver/95c67f69-4b29-4b53-9f7b-1c44edc2c40b
  3. need sound driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need sound driver: sound driver software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-sound-driver/95c67f69-4b29-4b53-9f7b-1c44edc2c40b
  4. need sound driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Card: I am not receiving any audio. I tried going through the sound settings including the troubleshooter. Still nothing.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/393102a9-a73a-406c-9725-252213c5edfa
  6. sound card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound card: Because of recent updates by Microsoft, my soundblaster compatible sound no longer works. What is the reason and what is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/d2ad0a8e-fd0e-4931-af94-5c46e325642e
  7. Realtek driver/sound card problems

Realtek driver/sound card problems: Recently my headphones wouldnt connect to my computer, I've updated all my drivers from their site and my motherboard drivers, I've uninstalled them and reinstalled them, I've tried many things but nothing would change. My computer is a Windows 10 Home and an ASUS H310...
  8. sd card needs driver, driver error

sd card needs driver, driver error: I have a scandisk 128gb sd card I am trying to use on my tablet and it tells me driver error Anyone have any sugestions? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-needs-driver-driver-error/d9557594-692b-49c9-8a39-bca8f687db02
  9. Cannot install driver for sound card

Cannot install driver for sound card: I have an Asus Xonar DGX sound card installed and I have tried to install the driver from the CD disk but will not do anything with it . Any ideas greatly appreciated 120297
  10. cmi8768 sound card drivers windows 10

cmi8768 sound card drivers windows 10: Hi, I have a generic sound card pci with the chipset cmi8768. (C-media) I cant find anywhere driver for windows x64. It is not supported in 10? Thnks 28989