Windows 10: Need free3rdparty app to find and delete duplicate files within a fldr

Discus and support Need free3rdparty app to find and delete duplicate files within a fldr in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a folder with many duplicate image files. I want to keep one of each duplicate (triplicate and more). How do I find the extra files and delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nisko, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Nisko Win User

Need free3rdparty app to find and delete duplicate files within a fldr

I have a folder with many duplicate image files. I want to keep one of each duplicate (triplicate and more). How do I find the extra files and delete them? Thanks.......

:)

Nisko, Nov 4, 2017

2. How to find and delete duplicate files is music photos etc

Hello,

I have 4 pc's and 4 external hard drives. Not realizing the problems I would cause down the road I duplicated files over and over again. Some many times. Now I need to clean these files up and make space on my computer. I have checked the internet and
    find suggestions but what I found so far comes with a Virus and cause more damage than help. Does Microsoft offer some type program that can help me with this problem. Something that wont take weeks and weeks to do..

Thanks,

Mark

MARKSOSEBEE, Nov 4, 2017
  3. Neox99 Win User
    Delete option in Photos app under Windows 10 does not use the Recycle Bin

The issue you explain can not be duplicated here.

Deleting images/files from within the Photo app sends them to the Recycle bin here.

Neox99, Nov 4, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

Ccleaner should do the job.....see attachment....its free.

dencal, Nov 4, 2017
  5. Winuser Win User
    Winuser, Nov 4, 2017
  6. Nisko Win User
    Thank you, both. I went with dupeGuru because it scans just one folder at a time.

Nisko, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need free3rdparty app to find and delete duplicate files within a fldr - Similar Threads - Need free3rdparty app

2. How to find and delete duplicate files on PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to find and delete duplicate files on PC: My computer is running out of memory and I would like to know how to find and delete duplicate files/photos/videos on PC to free up more storage space....
  3. How to find and delete duplicate files on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find and delete duplicate files on PC: My computer is running out of memory and I would like to know how to find and delete duplicate files/photos/videos on PC to free up more storage space....
  4. How to find and delete duplicate files on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need to find and delete the duplicate older machine certificates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to find and delete the duplicate older machine certificates: Hi,I want to know if there is a PowerShell command that can find and delete duplicate old machine certificates from the local machine store.I want to know if there is a query to find devices with duplicate certificates in "Cert:\LocalMachine\My" location.Thanks,Muja...
  6. Need to find and delete the duplicate older machine certificates

Need to find and delete the duplicate older machine certificates: Hi,I want to know if there is a PowerShell command that can find and delete duplicate old machine certificates from the local machine store.I want to know if there is a query to find devices with duplicate certificates in "Cert:\LocalMachine\My" location.Thanks,Muja...
  7. Need to find and delete the duplicate older machine certificates

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Need to delete files within the WindowsApps folder but can't

Need to delete files within the WindowsApps folder but can't: A while ago I deleted Minecraft, and now when I go to reinstall it I get an error that leads me to the WindowsApps folder. I figured out how to get into it, but I can't delete anything in it. Below I'll link pictures too. If anybody needs me to elaborate let me...
  9. Program to find and help delete LOTS of duplicate files

Program to find and help delete LOTS of duplicate files: I have taken it upon myself to really organize my files after 15 years of music, video and picture collections. Over the years, I've backed up and had many hard drives and even did backups of stuff I forgot I even did. I now have put everything into one folder for my music....
  10. Find and delete duplicate files in Windows 10

Find and delete duplicate files in Windows 10: Does Microsoft have a duplicate file finder that will find any files, not just photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-and-delete-duplicate-files-in-windows-10/283770ba-cc5b-47cd-b8b5-9f1f13b0c2fa"