Windows 10: Need guidance for setting up Email on PC & Mobile devices

Discus and support Need guidance for setting up Email on PC & Mobile devices in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Not sure the thread title captures best what I'm trying to say, but need some advice please... In addition to having a PC, it seems everybody has a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ashleyg, Apr 2, 2017.

1. ashleyg Win User

Need guidance for setting up Email on PC & Mobile devices

Not sure the thread title captures best what I'm trying to say, but need some advice please...

In addition to having a PC, it seems everybody has a tablet and a mobile phone as well these days (me included). Everyone I come across wants to be able to access their email from each of these devices and it ends up a nightmare. We are all just home users.

I there a best way to implement this?

I tend to take the following approach - which works - but not sure if this is the best method:
    1. PC email client (eg. MS Office Outlook) configured as POP3 (download emails but keep 14days on Server)
    2. Tablet & Mobile phone email clients configured as IMAP

Thanks for your help.

:)

ashleyg, Apr 2, 2017

2. WM5 device without associated client computer?

Hi -

I'm looking into deploying WM5 Pocket PCs to replace laptops for mobile users of my SBS2003 system. This is because these users only really need Outlook email and small Office and image attachments, they don't need the functionality of a full client PC.

But all the guidance I can find for connecting mobile devices to Exchange Server requires that the mobile device is Active-Synced to a client computer. Is is possible to set up a WM5 device as a SBS2003 Outlook/Exchange client, without associating it with
    a client computer?

Thanks

Nik

blitheringeejit, Apr 2, 2017
  3. "Something went wrong. Could not launch the file" error when trying to open apps set up file in Lumia 950XL

Hello,

It seems you might have downloaded the wrong set up files. Try downloading the setup for Mobile not PC and check if it helps. For reference follow the below link:

Set up Office apps and email on a mobile device

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 2, 2017
  4. Helmut Win User

I would say that is confusing, why POP3 on the PC with a setting like that, makes more sense to use IMAP for that as well.

Helmut, Apr 2, 2017
  5. ashleyg Win User
    Thanks Helmut.

Using POP on PC is largely historic (we grew up with it) and we like to download our emails from the server to store and manage it on the locally. Also, our ISP recommends POP as the preferred method stating that although they allow IMAP, they cannot offer direct help for any issues with it.

I don't know enough about IMAP functionality to know whether it can be used in place of POP on the PC. Am looking to see what others do and it would be good to have a good discussion par on this if there is one.

ashleyg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need guidance for setting up Email on PC & Mobile devices - Similar Threads - Need guidance setting

2. Gift PC need to set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gift PC need to set up: I dont know how to put it but I need to set up this computer. It has Windows 10 on it and the account signed in was from my grandmother. This computer is a gift for me to play and I know I need to put my MS account. I dont want to delete the Windows on this device so if there...
  3. Gift PC need to set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gift PC need to set up: I dont know how to put it but I need to set up this computer. It has Windows 10 on it and the account signed in was from my grandmother. This computer is a gift for me to play and I know I need to put my MS account. I dont want to delete the Windows on this device so if there...
  4. Gift PC need to set up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Realtek audio all messed up need guidance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek audio all messed up need guidance: HELP need help yall, so my left speaker on my XPS 13 was not having audio in zoom, in spotify, or even youtube. For this, I uninstalled realtek from device manager but it's still there???? However that's not my problem, after that I restarted laptop found out it was still...
  6. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device

in Windows 10 Support
    Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: Hello, Tonight I did a Windows Update and somehow something got screwed up. 1. When I start my computer, I get the BIOS cannot be updated message, but it will continue to load to the desktop eventually. 2. Once I get to the desktop, I see the following message: Your pc...
  7. PC lag, crashes in boot Etc. Need guidance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC lag, crashes in boot Etc. Need guidance: Recently I have had issues with random lag spikes in PC. Sometimes it runs fine some times not. Never figured out why. Have been adding USB HDDs to PC lately and thought that may of been a cause. Tried unplugging and reconfiguring (moving to differnt slots) Also have 3...
  8. setting up mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    setting up mobile hotspot: im using a dell i7 and i have just updatd to windows 10. im having trouble with setting up my hotspot. it keeps saying it cannot set up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/setting-up-mobile-hotspot/299565e9-193c-415f-880f-36050613b6a6
  9. Need guidance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need guidance: My sister needs a program that will let her make a burnable dvd/cd for a birthday present. I have absolutely NO experience in this field of things so I figured I would ask here. This program should be able to import and string together .jpgs, some video clips, music files...
  10. Guidance needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Guidance needed: I have set my desktop as I want it I don'tlike all those panels - some I guess I have to have. Now what I would really like is to click on Start and the on/off option/s to beat the bottom instead of having to click the three small bars at the top left handcorner to bring...