Windows 10: Need Help About Black Screen of Death

Discus and support Need Help About Black Screen of Death in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All respected Members I have HP Elitebook 8460P Laptop, Core i5 Second Generation processor 2520M I am Running Windows 10 on this machine, But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maamiradina, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Need Help About Black Screen of Death

Hi All respected Members
    I have HP Elitebook 8460P Laptop, Core i5 Second Generation processor 2520M
    I am Running Windows 10 on this machine,
    But Recently I faced the problem about 4 or 5 times,
    The problem is that
    I am working normally on my laptop, while during work, laptop's screen went black and blinked at side, and after 50 or 55 seconds it became shut down.
    This Problem happened 5 times
    So what's the problem.
    And what will be the solution of [THIS BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH]

:)

maamiradina, Oct 22, 2017
  2. Rose Cal Win User

BSOD after latest Creator's Windows Update

Hi,

The issue you encountered can occur if a problem causes your computer to shut down or restart unexpectedly. To better assist you, we'd like to ask if are you referring to Blue Screen of Death or Black Screen of Death? If you are referring to Blue Screen
    of Death, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    It will provide you instructions how to correct blue screen error. If you are referring to Black Screen of Death, we recommend that you perform the steps in this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors.
    It will let you correct black screen issues.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 22, 2017
  3. Black Screen of Death?

I recieved the 'black screen of death' on my Windows 10 PC, about a week ago. I've tried everything to fix it, and unfortunately, nothing has helped. It is a black screen with a blinking white underscore in the top left hand corner.

Sarah Doherty, Oct 22, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Need Help About Black Screen of Death

Hi, if it's erratic (not time related to an event) then it could be
    - thermal shut down (is it getting hot?) - but usually that's quite sudden, not quite as you describe.
    - hardware failure
    - some sort of crash.

Have a look at your Reliability History (Type 'Reli' in Cortana's search field).

Noting the time at which this occurs, is there a corresponding report? (Examine red x's).

If not, you could check your event log (Event Viewer).

Have you checked your disk?
    Download and run Hard Disk Sentinel (trial).

dalchina, Oct 22, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    Please update the specs for your computer in the "My Computer" section:

How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums General Tips Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

What is the HP notebook model?
    Open the HP website > software and drivers > enter the computer's serial or product number > post the URL link into the thread
    HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

When you power on what do you see?
    Is it a normal boot and an unexpected black screen?
    Or is it a failed boot with a black screen?

If you can boot to the desktop please run the DM log collector:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    Please post a zip into the thread.

Many HP computers have the option to download and install HP UEFI diagnostics.
    Download and install the latest HP UEFI diagnostics:
    HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site

In the evening power on the computer and repetitively click the F2 or F10 key. Navigate to the BIOS UEFI diagnostics. Run the loop until failure test overnight. If there is any detected problem the testing will automatically abort and the testing will be incomplete. In the AM if the loop until failure is still running and you have completed 2 runs you can abort testing by clicking the keyboard escape key. Confirm the pass in the UEFI logs. Reboot and report the results into the thread.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Need Help About Black Screen of Death

1. Need Help About Black Screen of Death - Similar Threads - Need Help Black

2. Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen of Death: The moment I boot up my PC, all that displays is a black screen with my cursor. I have watched dozens of tutorials and the one thing they point to is hitting CTRL - ALT - DEL to open up Task Manager, but when I hit those keys nothing happens. Is there any solution? Thank you....
  3. Black screen of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen of death: HI microsoft i have a problem where i resetted my pc and now all i see is a black screen i have no corsair NO COMMANDS work NO STARTUP REPAIR WORKS i have no restore points i have tried everything what do i do i cant go into task manager or nothing like that PLS HELP Do i...
  4. Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen of Death: After login, the screen just goes black. I can see my mouse pointer. The PC runs fine in safe mode. This happened after an update so i tried to uninstall the update but as soon as i do windows just reinstalls it again. The video driver is up-to-date....
  5. Blue screen of death then black screen of death please help..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen of death then black screen of death please help..: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Panda_Sap [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrigi3/blue_screen_of_death_then_black_screen_of_death/
  6. Black Screen of Death

Black Screen of Death: Since the last feature update my wife and a friend, who both have new laptops running Windows 10 have both experienced the exact same problem. On starting their machine, they get to the sign in page and the progress circle of dots continues for longer than usual, then the...
  7. Black Screen Of Death

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen Of Death: I see that the BSOD section is only for Blue Screen, but what about Black Screen which I now get every time after about an hour after Booting. What makes it more problematic is that the PC crashes and cannot be re-started until after an hour plus of none use, despite...
  8. Black Screen Of death

Black Screen Of death: This may seem wierd but in my case it is urgent! Recently I was notified by Windows that I need to run a CheckDisk for C: drive. I dont knw y but this happened! Scanning and repairing C drive: 54% and got stuck there. So i did a force restart and this came "Preparing...
  9. "Black" screen of Death

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Black" screen of Death: I think this qualifies for this BSOD section...please ignore if it doesn't. Everything is operating normally on my computer and I'll have an unpredictable black screen. No warning, just black. At that point, the power is still running the system drives, but nothing will...
  10. Black screen of death: Troubleshooting help?

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen of death: Troubleshooting help?: Hi everyone, I am having problems with a DELL 4200 and an eeePC 901, both of which occasionally just switch to a black screen while I'm working, so I eventually have to restart the computer and thereby lose all work that wasn't previously saved. HD indicator stays off...