Windows 10: Need help/advice - install Windows XP newer laptop

Discus and support Need help/advice - install Windows XP newer laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi mates, I have an Lenovo Thinkpad T450S running Windows 10.( i5 broadwell, 12gb ram, ssd evo 850 samsung) I need to run Windows XP and tryied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by andreybz, Jun 28, 2016.

1. andreybz Win User

Need help/advice - install Windows XP newer laptop

Hi mates,

I have an Lenovo Thinkpad T450S running Windows 10.( i5 broadwell, 12gb ram, ssd evo 850 samsung)

I need to run Windows XP and tryied to install but failed..

Maybe my logic is incorrect or i get wrong something. The notebook don.t have sata operation mode in BIOS.

Is there someone who can explain or give an ideea/ advice in installing Dual Boot on this newer laptop WIndows XP ? (i don.t want Virtual Machine, is useless for me).

Is pretty urgent.
    Thank you.

:)

andreybz, Jun 28, 2016

2. not able to copy files from PC to nokia lumia 520

I have read in other threads with XP OS specifically having problems detecting windows phones. I think, you should consider upgrading to a newer.

It has been more than 10 years. It's time to break up with XP, is my advice.

Jay_answers, Jun 28, 2016
  3. DaiButton Win User
    XP to Windows 10 no USB boot option

I've bought a windows 10 flash stick to upgrade my laptop from xp to windows 10. On reading the instructions I discovered I need to boot my laptop from the usb to initiate the install. However, I've now realised my Bios boot up options only include harddrive,
    floppy, dvd/cd and network, there is no usb option.

Is there anyway around this? Or do I need to try and return the flash stick for a refund and try the download version?

Many thanks in advance for any help and advice (in laymans terms please).

DaiButton, Jun 28, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello *Smile

You are taking me back down memory lane! I seem to remember that XP did not have the built in SATA drivers and you needed to install them along with XP. To do this there was a special option (F6) that allowed you to insert a SATA driver disc into a floppy drive (which we used back then). However, all this is irrelevant if the laptop BIOS does not support SATA compatibility mode and so it may be impossible to dual boot the two operating systems.

There is a big thread on this topic here: https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...-best-way.html

philc43, Jun 28, 2016
  5. andreybz Win User
    Ok so there isn.t posibility to Dual Boot or only windows xp ? I can leave only xp if possible

andreybz, Jun 28, 2016
  6. swarfega Win User
    What do you need XP for? If its a simple case of running a program, maybe consider running XP in a virtual desktop?

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help/advice - install Windows XP newer laptop - Similar Threads - Need help advice

2. I need help or advice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help or advice: My pc will boot normally and everything hit it won’t connect to my monitor and my mouse also doesn’t work. I’ve tried restarting. The pc, fully powering everything down, checking connections on different ports tried removing all the peripherals and restarting, removing and...
  3. I need help or advice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help or advice: My pc will boot normally and everything hit it won’t connect to my monitor and my mouse also doesn’t work. I’ve tried restarting. The pc, fully powering everything down, checking connections on different ports tried removing all the peripherals and restarting, removing and...
  4. need advice and help with my tower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need advice and help with my tower: i have and older tower thats dell windows xp microsoft that im trying to get back up for my 74 year old friend and i needed a little help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-advice-and-help-with-my-tower/5cf17205-db85-4244-bc7a-90637708c87b
  5. need advice and help with my tower

need advice and help with my tower: i have and older tower thats dell windows xp microsoft that im trying to get back up for my 74 year old friend and i needed a little help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-advice-and-help-with-my-tower/5cf17205-db85-4244-bc7a-90637708c87b
  6. Need your advice on a migration of an old laptop to a newer laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need your advice on a migration of an old laptop to a newer laptop: Hello, I'm helping someone who has bought a new laptop but wants his windows on his old laptop transferred to this new laptop. This means all documents, programs, users , etc... I told him to install macrium reflect free on both the old and new laptop and run on each a...
  7. Audio issues need help or advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issues need help or advice: Hey guys I’m really getting tired of trying to figure this out so I hope you can help. Sorry if this is kind of all over the place. So I recently bought a computer off a friend hoping to get gaming a little more. We usually play Warzone with discord but my audio issues are...
  8. Going to W10, need advice on laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Going to W10, need advice on laptop.: Going to W 10, need advice on laptop. Currently I have an MSI 17" laptop with 256GB ssd w?W7 Pro 32 bit. And it has been the best PC Ive owned in 30 yr.Still get several hr on orig batt. My computing is done "ABOVE the CODE & HDWE." HVerave been an info mgr, analyzer for 50...
  9. help please, need advice

help please, need advice: Hi guys, my dad is wanting to find some software to help write short storys on youtube. He has seen people videos where the books scrolls itself down the page like a virtual book, some have imagines like a word pad in the background, we have looked all over for some simple...
  10. Help and or advice needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Help and or advice needed: I am running Windows 10. I currently attach a hdmi cable from laptop to tv. Is it possible to stream one thing from laptop onto tv screen and simultaneously surf the net using laptop monitor? Thanks 39170