Windows 10: Need help booting!!

Discus and support Need help booting!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The laptop i was putting Windows 10 on to had a partition with Linux distro on it and once the Windows 10 install was done I went back in and deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by volksgewer, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Need help booting!!

The laptop i was putting Windows 10 on to had a partition with Linux distro on it and once the Windows 10 install was done I went back in and deleted the partition and formatted it. But! I forgot to set the Windows partition as the active partition and now when I try to boot my laptop I go to a screen that says Grub Rescue on it. I have no clue what to do and I am reverting on having to completely re doing everything I have done. Can some one help me figure out what I need to do to get my computer working again?

:)

volksgewer, Jan 17, 2016
  2. Need#Help Win User

Adding Birthdays and Holidays to Windows 10 Mail App

If someone knows how to add holidays and birthdays to the Windows 10 Mail App, PLEASE tell me how.

Thank you!

Need#Help, Jan 17, 2016
  3. Need Help with Dual Boot

Hi,

Dual Boot is a process wherein two operating systems are being installed on the same hard drive. There are settings that you need to modify on your device to successfully perform dual booting.

For better assistance, we recommend contacting your computer manufacturer to assist you in performing the said procedure.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Ronalene Mat, Jan 17, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Need help booting!!

I am no expert in "partition", nor am I expert in Ubuntu/Linux.
    Just share with you this..........................
    I once had a dual boot setup of Win 10 and Linux Mint.
    I was warned in advance that should I want to remove Linux Mint, it would not be so simple.
    Eventually I decided to delete Linux and remove the dual boot setup.
    This is the tutorial I used.
    I hope it is not too late for you.
    http://www.howtogeek.com/141818/how-...your-computer/

davidhk, Jan 17, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    On an operating computer, install Macrium Reflect Free. Make a Macrium Reflect rescue USB/DVD/CD. Boot your laptop with the Macrium Reflect rescue USB/DVD/CD. Under the restore menu is a utility to fix Windows startup problems. Run that.

Macrium Reflect Free

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Need help booting!!

1. Need help booting!! - Similar Threads - Need help booting

2. UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME NEED HELP PLS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME NEED HELP PLS: My PC stopped working a while ago due to a stopcode labled UNmountable_Boot_Volume, and I didn't have the rescources necessary to fix it but now I do. My only other computer is a macbook and I used bootcamp assist to download windows 10 onto a usb to create a repair media and...
  3. need help

in Windows 10 Customization
    need help: I need some on to help When I start up I get the message "instruction at 0x0000000140041D0 referenced at 0x0000008D00000022. The mempry could not be read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help/fb2df34d-2ed8-4afd-b7e7-5053061240f8
  4. Need Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help!: Hello Gamers! I just wanted to ask about - How do you back up your save files of your PC Games before doing format? are you guys manually copying and saving it? or is there a freeware/application/software to do so? I'm going to format my PC this coming week but I dont...
  5. Need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help: My friend installed the latest upgrade 1607 Since then he has had 2 problems I have tried to help him with but has me beat. Xbox App on his PC when he now clicks on it to open it, it just flashes up and then closes. The same happens with his Microsoft Soliture Collection....
  6. Need help on BSOD "Unmountable boot volume"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help on BSOD "Unmountable boot volume": So I receive an update for "Windows 10 Creators" before doing the update I decided to create a recovery disc to a USB but only to find out I can't create one with error "Missing important files" so I googled and found a thread that suggest a steps... one of the step is to...
  7. Need Help Changing Boot Manager Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help Changing Boot Manager Screen: Hi All, I recently rebuilt my PC and installed Windows 10. I then decided I wanted to have Windows 7 available just in case. I partitioned my primary HD and installed Windows 7. In other words, I installed Windows 7 AFTER Windows 10 for a dual-boot system. I was surprised to...
  8. Help needed with Windows 10 laptop that will not boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help needed with Windows 10 laptop that will not boot.: Trying to help a friend fix a sick laptop. It will not boot to Windows 10. I keep getting the blue screen with the message that a boot disk could not be found. The hard drive is still in working order and the files are still accessible through booting to LINUX on a pen drive....
  9. Need help with help

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with help: In Default Programs, under .hlp, what do I put in under Current Default? Don Cole 59894
  10. Need Help Running Rescue Boot Disc

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help Running Rescue Boot Disc: I just made a rescue boot disc with Macrium Reflect. The Wannacry prompted me to be better prepared and hopefully restore my computer if necessary from an external HD connected by USB. I have a Thinkpad E570 with Windows 10. I can't figure out the sequence to test the rescue...