Windows 10: Need Help Choosing an Alternative to Office365

Discus and support Need Help Choosing an Alternative to Office365 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I send/attach a lot of docs, sheets, etc. to emails but would like an alternative to Word, Excel...Is there a much lighter, comparable office suite,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Terrapin69, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Need Help Choosing an Alternative to Office365

I send/attach a lot of docs, sheets, etc. to emails but would like an alternative to Word, Excel...Is there a much lighter, comparable office suite, preferring free of charge, that I could download that would accomplish tasks easily and allow other users (my mail recipients) to open any attachments I send?

:)

Terrapin69, Oct 12, 2017
  2. asem305 Win User

Need help of choosing the color!

A pearl white colour of what? Need Help Choosing an Alternative to Office365 :)

anyway if you're trying to pick the colour of your next phone , then you've chosen a very difficult way to do that Need Help Choosing an Alternative to Office365 :D, it's mainly personal preference when it comes to this point.

you'll hear a million opinions and nothing will give you an answer. choose 2 of your friends , go to the shop and let them choose with you. MUCH easier Need Help Choosing an Alternative to Office365 :)

asem305, Oct 12, 2017
  3. Need help about choosing new phone

Hello. OK, then you should have no problem. I am not quite sure what you are asking about "notes in Office". If you made notes on the PDA, they were made in Pocket Outlook, and they should sync to your new phone if your PDA-Outlook 2003 sync is up to date.
    The Outlook 2003 sync via AS/WMDC will sync contacts, calendar, notes, and tasks to your new phone. If you made your notes in a Pocket Word document, you should be OK as long as they are saved in .doc format. These Word files will be synced when you choose
    "files" to sync in AS/WMDC, as there is no real "sync with Office 2003". If you do have a problem with file compatibility, there are many conversion solutions available. I hope I answered your Q but if not, post back... Also, when you do get ready to "move
    your stuff to your new phone", make sure you have your info backed up as there are many horror stories of losing info when syncing to new, empty Outlook profiles.

Resourceful, Oct 12, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Need Help Choosing an Alternative to Office365

Libreoffice is generally regarded as best free clone.

Of course, cut down version of office is available on line for free.

cereberus, Oct 12, 2017
  5. pparks1 Win User
    I waw going to recommend the free online versions of the office apps.

Do you currently have office 365 and don't want to renew? Or not wanting to start paying for a new subscription.

pparks1, Oct 12, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    If you don't want to continue your 365 subscription, consider the standard version of Office Home and Student. Those are fairly affordable and a one time payment.

If you send a lot of docs etc out, you need to make sure that the replacement software is compatible with your recipient's software.

swarfega, Oct 12, 2017
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

you might be able to find LEGAL versions of Office 2010 available very cheaply -- Office 2010 has nearly all features that 99.9999% of Office users require and is still in service date for a while yet.

Remember also the student and home editions of office don't include outlook so you'll probably need some sort of email client.

Another good one (works on Linux as well) is WPS office (used to be called Kingsoft Office). No email clent but the rest are almost 100% compatible with Ms Office (unless you have a whole slew of VBA macros in your document --most people don't).

The Most Compatible Free Office Suite - WPS Office

As for alternative to outlook for email --I like Thunderbird -- some people think the interface / GUI is a bit old - but simplicity is the best - and you can have as many accounts as you like from different servers etc --all 100% Free. Also a Linux / Windows app.

@swarfega !!!!.

GOOOOOOOOOAL: -- we're off to Russia in World cup ( for US colleagues FIFA soccer world cup Russia 2018).!!!!

Great for a tiny country -- love to meet England again and win like we did in Euro 2016 in France- but England I think won't treat us with such disdain this time --we actually have some decent players.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 13, 2017
  8. swarfega Win User

Well England did invent football aka soccer. But I'm not too hopeful of our chances this time.

swarfega, Oct 13, 2017
  9. Grom0X Win User
    *Thumbs

Grom0X, Oct 13, 2017
  10. If you are planning to exchange MS Office files with folks running the real MS Office, then you want to look into SoftOffice.

Comments in Linux forums indicate this to be the "most compatible" MS-Office alternative at present.

It has bumped WPS Office and LibreOffice further down the list.

Mark Phelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need Help Choosing an Alternative to Office365 - Similar Threads - Need Help Choosing

2. office365 freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    office365 freezes: outlook365 freezes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office365-freezes/8ea40ac6-7101-4efc-90fb-634857fa5dac
  3. office365 freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    office365 freezes: outlook365 freezes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office365-freezes/8ea40ac6-7101-4efc-90fb-634857fa5dac
  4. Need an alternative program to open...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Need an alternative program to open...: I don't have MS Office and I need to find a free program to open a "PSA-.DOC" . Does anyone know of one? I've tried Foxit, but that doesn't do it. What's throwing me, is the PSA.... 170332
  5. TeamViewer expired - I need massive help for alternative.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TeamViewer expired - I need massive help for alternative.: Hi guys. I am a student and I use my computer through teamviewer from work. I change buildings sometimes and I need this to survive. All the computers at work are locked and I cannot install anything apart from chrome apps. I tried Chrome Remote desktop however it needs...
  6. Question on Office365

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question on Office365: I have a question on the office 365 Education plan ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/products/office ) If I download this, will I be able to use it when i am offline? Also, what will happen to the Microsoft Office 2010 that i currently have in my laptop? Will my...
  7. Needing Windows 10 Photos App help or suggested alternative

Needing Windows 10 Photos App help or suggested alternative: Hello: I recently switched from iPhotos/Photos on a Mac to Windows 10. I am trying to get the Windows 10 Photos App to work as I believe it should. However I am struggling with getting the app to work as expected. 1) I can not aggregate any of my NAS photos which I can...
  8. Teamviewer alternative needs

Teamviewer alternative needs: Hi I use Teamviewer on a daily basis between my own computers, but "Teamviewer.com" perceives it as a commercial use, and therefore the connection is automatically closed after a very short time, so that I can not use the remote computer. Searches for names of similar...
  9. Office365 Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office365 Outlook: First apologise if this has been asked before. I have a small office with a Dell Inspiron 3470 which has a small SSD (128GB) and I have installed Office 365 Personal and moved the usual data folders and OneDrive folder to the D: drive. I am concerned that with the amount of...
  10. Guys ! I need help choosing a dell system.

in Windows 10 Support
    Guys ! I need help choosing a dell system.: Hey I am going to buy a laptop Which one would u choose Dell latitude 3330s 13*“ Or Dell Inspiron 15-3552 Both have solid state drives Thank you 110395