Windows 10: Need help customizing windows 10 to look somewhat like windows 7

Discus and support Need help customizing windows 10 to look somewhat like windows 7 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; These are the things that I want to change I want to get rid of the angular design. In 7 and previous the boarders of windows, the taskbar (kinda) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Husk, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Husk Win User

Need help customizing windows 10 to look somewhat like windows 7

These are the things that I want to change
    • I want to get rid of the angular design. In 7 and previous the boarders of windows, the taskbar (kinda) and most things had a smoother and somewhat curved design (like a square with smoothed corners).
    • This one is difficult to explain. The colors on the taskbar, start menu, window boarders, icon backgrounds are all the same through the entire shape. I want to make it so that the colors have some shading on them like in windows 7.
    • I want to get rid of Icon backgrounds. when you open up, for instance, the start menu, the icons have a square behind the main icon thats a certain color. basically i want to get rid of this square
    • Also how big is the download?

:)

2. Non-functioning taskbar apps

Looks like the start is somewhat you need to reinstall:

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 30, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 Themes

Hi MD,

The Aero theme is actually the default theme you are already using in Windows 10, sadly it looks nothing like the Aero theme in Windows 7 . . .

Microsoft do plan to add a lot more customization features in the future, until then we will just have to wait, so we can customize Windows 10 like we used to in Windows 7 . . .

DaveM121, Jul 30, 2015
  4. mznGTR Win User

Then go back to windows 7

mznGTR, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Scyris Win User
    I heard this can be done but it takes work, you need 3rd party programs as well as .dll hacks to make it work.

Scyris, Jul 30, 2015
  6. JohnBurns Win User
    JohnBurns, Jul 31, 2015
  7. IronManMark20, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Husk Win User

Thanks guys. I don't want to really get rid of any features, the changes and new features seem really good, I just really dont like the new contemporary (i guess you could say) theme. You know what im saying? apple did it, skype did it, windows obiously has done it.

9. Ah, so you are looking for something like this theme?

It is for Windows 10 (actually one of the first themes I have found). Make sure you read the instructions on how to install.

IronManMark20, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help customizing windows 10 to look somewhat like windows 7 - Similar Threads - Need help customizing

2. Windows 7 look like for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 look like for windows 10: Hello, i was checking few tutorials in how to make a look like windows 7, but i don't really feel appointed by even having the UI tabs being look like and i just wanna know where can i find their files, so maybe i can swap to my windows 10 or would Microsoft be able to create...
  3. Windows 7 look like for windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 7 look like for windows 10: Hello, i was checking few tutorials in how to make a look like windows 7, but i don't really beel appointed by even having the UI tabs being look like and i just wanna know where can i find their files, so maybe i can swap to my windows 10 or would Microsoft be able to create...
  4. Windows 7 look like for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 look like for windows 10: Hello, i was checking few tutorials in how to make a look like windows 7, but i don't really beel appointed by even having the UI tabs being look like and i just wanna know where can i find their files, so maybe i can swap to my windows 10 or would Microsoft be able to create...
  5. Windows 10, but looks, and is set up like windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, but looks, and is set up like windows 7: My friend took her computer to someone, that was able to make her Windows 10, have the start up, and control panel look like Windows 7, does anyone know how he did that, so I could also. I really hate the way Windows 10 works....
  6. how to make windows 10 look like windows 7

how to make windows 10 look like windows 7: how do you make windows 10 look like windows 7 ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-windows-10-look-like-windows-7/d9858783-2ca2-4a9d-9f34-69c6ef171023
  7. Make Windows 10 look like Windows 7

Make Windows 10 look like Windows 7: How do I make Windows 10 look like Windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-windows-10-look-like-windows-7/a4dc9c9a-ef31-4a4e-be15-bf7062ab594d
  8. Windows 10 to look like windows 7

Windows 10 to look like windows 7: At some time or other I heard that Windows 10 can be easily made to look like windows 7. I would interested in knowing more about this. Thank you!! 116967
  9. Windows 10 to look like windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 to look like windows 7: At some time or other I heard that Windows 10 can be easily made to look like windows 7. I would interested in knowing more about this. Thank you!! 116967
  10. Customize start menu to look like win 7?

Customize start menu to look like win 7?: I just re-installed my computer and I can't remember the names of those third-part programs that you could use to change your start menu to look like win 7, the free ones. Can someone help me? *Smile 18614