Windows 10: Need help finding a graphics card

Discus and support Need help finding a graphics card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So I have been using the video card that came stock on my motherboard (the motherboard is the Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3) and It is fine but a little laggy.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by MrRandomMan, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Need help finding a graphics card

So I have been using the video card that came stock on my motherboard (the motherboard is the Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3) and It is fine but a little laggy.
    I need a Video card that could handle these games at good settings

Minecraft, Roblox, Spore, Sims 3 (EPs I have is Ambitions, Pets, and Island Paradise), Bloons TD5 (On steam)

:)

MrRandomMan, Sep 20, 2015

2. Need Help Finding A PDA

I recommend you go for a Windows Mobile device like Palm Treo 750. It has a builtin QWERTY keyboad and you will be able to easily sync with Vista. There are software available that leys you use your PCs keyboard and mouse to control a pda while connected
    via USB.

Linley Meslier, Sep 20, 2015
  3. Need Help Finding A PDA

I also like the HP IPAQ HX2790, any idea on getting that one to work with vista?

Thanks

Bonnie1122, Sep 20, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Need help finding a graphics card

Practically any new GPU should be better than on-board ones. I'm very satisfied with AMD R7 260. Inexpensive but 3 classes better than built in GPUs.

CountMike, Sep 21, 2015
  5. tinmar49 Win User
    Nvidia seems to have less trouble with W10 drivers than AMD at present.

tinmar49, Sep 22, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    Depends on your budget but perhaps the 950 might be worth considering. I should think your PSU would cope with it ok.

swarfega, Sep 22, 2015
  7. tinmar49 Win User
    I have a pc with an Nvidia GTX 750ti, mid range, mine doe's not require an extra power cable.

tinmar49, Sep 22, 2015
  8. Need help finding a graphics card

Forgot to mention the budget. It is $280 and bellow (Currency USD)

MrRandomMan, Sep 22, 2015
  9. Kanata Win User
    Nvidia seems to be the way. They have updated drivers for Windows 10 for even older cards. Check before you buy one though.
    My quite old GTX 260 works well in Win 10 and is much faster than the very recent model on-board graphics. Don't know how they handle recent games though as I only play older games, if any.

Kanata, Sep 22, 2015
  10. KACI Win User
    For your listed purposes I go along with tinmar. Plugs into your mb without the need for extra power. Well within your budget.

11. copracr Win User
    My Asus GTX 750ti does require external power, as did the 650ti before it. I would double check before you buy it since your power supply may not like the extra power requirements

copracr, Sep 25, 2015
  12. bobkn Win User
    A GTX 960 requires a single 6 pin PCI-E power coonector. A 950 is the same.

I'm not sure exactly what PSU the OP has, but I'd bet that it has at least one PCI-E connector. With 2 connectors, he could support a 970. That'd strain his budget, although they can be had used on eBay for less. (The Maxwell cards have a relatively low power draw; a standard 970 peaks at 170W.)

bobkn, Sep 26, 2015
  13. KACI Win User

The need for external power on your card seems to be the exception. NVidia's basic specs call for a pci-e connection and a 300 watt ps. A quick look at the reviews on Amazon indicate the same for most models. Having said that manufactures can make changes. One may feel that heat sinks and cooling tubes are good enough, while another may feel it needs one or even two fans. This could change the power needs. For RandomMan's stated requirements, I think that the combination for stable drivers, cost, low power requirements and performance still make the 750ti a really good choice. As always he should make sure he checks out any card to make sure it's the best fit for his system.

14. CountMike New Member
    Modern PCIex. can give up to 75W of power, anything over that has to have added power line.

CountMike, Sep 26, 2015
  15. KACI Win User
    Be that as it may, most of the 750's do not. Nvidia specs this card at 60 watts.
    "Yet, Nvidia, perhaps trying to prove a point, shipped out its reference GeForce GTX 750 Ti on a less than six-inch board. With no auxiliary power
    Need help finding a graphics card [​IMG]
    connector. "Toms Hardware.
    Granted the Asus GTX does, but most do not.

Thema:

1. Need help finding a graphics card - Similar Threads - Need help finding

2. Graphic card need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphic card need help: My computer has a GeForce GTX 960 in but my pc only loads on when it is on Microsoft basic display adapter , and when I try download driver update my screen just goes black and help? I’ve been trying to fix it for so long, it’s annoying submitted by /u/OwenJxcob [link]...
  3. Graphics Card Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics Card Help: I recently fixed my laptop, and once I booted everything up, I decided to update everything. However I got a flickering issue so I disabled my graphics card and the problem was fixed. However, now everything on my laptop runs slower, yet if I update the graphics card, my...
  4. I need help with graphics card and cpu prioritization

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I need help with graphics card and cpu prioritization: So apparently, I didn't have Intel Graphics driver installed, but now it automatically downloaded on my computer after switching monitors. Now when I try and load up a game, it uses my CPU for rendering the game and not my GPU. It makes the game very slow and I assume that...
  5. Need help reinstalling AMD graphic card.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help reinstalling AMD graphic card.: Hi guys, I use Windows 10. I accidentally uninstalled my AMD Radeon R5 M335 Graphic Card from my Dell Inspiron. I went to Device Manager -> Computer ->double click on the AMD Radeon card -> uninstalled. Is there any way I can reinstall? Did the graphic card just popped out...
  6. Help me find a graphics card

Help me find a graphics card: Hi! I'm looking for a decent graphics card so I can play some games. BUT! My PC is not so new and I'm not up to date on the latest cards. My PC is a custom AMD FM2+ DDR3 build: Mainboard: GIGABYTE F2A88XM-HD3P GA-F2A88XM-HD3P (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global...
  7. Graphics Card Guidance Needed

Graphics Card Guidance Needed: I'm looking for some guidance on what graphics card or graphics chipset to consider. The computer has a G620 processor at 2.6GHz and runs Windows 10. It has a 380-watt PSU. The computer is used for playing web videos, web browsing, displaying photographs, playing DVD's,...
  8. Need Help Picking Graphics Card

Need Help Picking Graphics Card: I got a new PC, in a sense. The Acer I took to be fixed had died and he built me a PC using a Advent Windows 10 Tower. Long story short, it's a Advent Tower, Dell Monitor, Acer Keyboard and Mouse. To avoid my new PC dying , I need to get a graphics card so I can game. And...
  9. my specs and graphic card help needed

my specs and graphic card help needed: im using a site called can i run, to check if my pc will play games, im using intel hd graphics, pixel shader 4.1 vortexshader version 4.1 dedicated video ram 32mb, is it possible to replace intel hd graphics on my pc to a new video card pref 2gb also using intel core...
  10. Need help with SLI Graphics Card Issue.

Need help with SLI Graphics Card Issue.: Hey, I'm having a bit of an Issue, out of the blue, I'm unable to SLI my 780Ti's (Driver 355.82). The cards themselves are detected in Device Manager at the same time, but one always has this error doesn't matter which one it is) when they are both plugged in (SLI bridged or...