Windows 10: Need help folks with a BSOD

Discus and support Need help folks with a BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; What I have noticed so far. 1. Firefox cache gets over 370000 then I get a BSOD. 2. I get K mode Exception not handled. dm_log_collector... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Layback Bear, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Need help folks with a BSOD

What I have noticed so far.

1. Firefox cache gets over 370000 then I get a BSOD.

2. I get K mode Exception not handled.

dm_log_collector (2).zip

I seems like I don't know how to post a zip file in this thread.
    Any guidance would be helpful.
    I have watched Kari's video 3 times.

I will keep trying

Jack

:)

Layback Bear, Dec 14, 2017
  2. cricfancy Win User

Phonebook help...need some help folks

Hi wannabelean,

You can have a look of this post, hope some of your queries can be get clarified Need help folks with a BSOD :p

/discussions/board/message?board.id=pcsuite&thread.id=26706

cricfancy, Dec 14, 2017
  3. Phonebook help...need some help folks

Thanks man. No 4 has been partially answered. But I get the idea.

wannabelean, Dec 14, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Need help folks with a BSOD

Jack, just follow the directions in the Attention box at the top of this thread. The zip file you uploaded contains just the dm_log_collector.exe file that you downloaded.

Instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

That will generate a zip file that you can then upload and attach here in this thread.

Ztruker, Dec 14, 2017
  5. I did follow the steps at the top of the page.
    I'm having problem when the command prompt is done gathering; How do I find the results, zip them and post.
    I'm unable to find the zip file the program created.

I haven't ziped a file and put it in a post in 10 years.

This is what I get.

Need help folks with a BSOD [​IMG]

Maybe I will have to wait for another BSOD.

This is where the problem lies I thing.

6. axe0 New Member
    Hi Jack,

The tool creates a new temporary folder on your desktop, places all collected data in this folder, then the folder is zipped and the folder is deleted leaving a zip file on your desktop. This zip file is to be uploaded.

However, I find it curious to see that no data can be collected. When was the last time you verified the system files with sfc?

7. Jimmyb Win User
    Jack, if you have moved" your desktop as I did the file will be in a new "desktop" under users, where the original was - hope that make sense.

Jimmyb, Dec 14, 2017
  8. Need help folks with a BSOD

Thanks folks for trying to help.

I have not mover my desktop.
    I ran sfc /scannow several times with no problems found.
    I will do some more checking and post what I do and/or find.

Note:
    I did run the built in BSOD on everything and Windows 10.
    It stated it found and repaired a Blutooth problem.

Jack

9. axe0 New Member
  10. Sure I will when I can find the tool.

I found a lot of post talking about a better mehtod but no beta tool.
    Can you post me closer to the tool?

Jack

11. philc43 Win User
    You will find the new tool is included at the end of the BSOD Posting Instructions. Download the zip file and extract it into a folder. Navigate to that folder and double click the log collector shortcut.

philc43, Dec 14, 2017
  12. I using the tool here already and it's not working.

Jack

13. philc43 Win User

You need to scroll to the end of the posting instructions and make sure you click on the beta06 tool.

philc43, Dec 14, 2017
  14. Last page, last post and at the bottom. That is the first place I should of looked.

I downloaded the tool and ran it

It states if I want to run this tool I need to

WARNING: If you would like allow this script to run, please temporarily disable Controlled Folder Access in Windows
    Defender Security Center and then re-launch this script.

At the present time I'm looking for the Controlled Folder Access.

I'm new to Windows 10 so it's very difficult for me to find anything.

Jack

15. philc43 Win User
Thema:

1. Need help folks with a BSOD - Similar Threads - Need help folks

2. need help with bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need help with bsod: I been having issues with my coputer i been getting the bsod when starting the computer i included my pc specs and dump file below. i just recently replace the ram cause i was haveing issues with my pc crashing showing a green screen and then restarting my pc checked ram had...
  3. Need help with the BSOD…

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with the BSOD…: Stuck on the BSOD. entered commands and I’m stuck in a “Preparing Automatic Repair Loop”. I’ve tried everything the forums have said, taken out extra peripherals. I did SFC, tried to do the bootrec commands but says access denied and don’t have a boot usb drive to connect my...
  4. Need help with a BSOD.

Need help with a BSOD.: My PC has been crashing for a while, and I never figured out what the problem was. Three most recent minidumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjNM0ZD1tx5rgQc-bjuO8KBTGV3O?e=cWDlNEMSinfo:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjNM0ZD1tx5rgQiYo2kHlGset9-w?e=BZcR4FSpecs:OS - Windows 10 Pro 64-bitAMD Ryzen 5...
  5. BSOD Help needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Help needed: Greetings:I need help with a BSOD that I experienced earlier today:Here is a link to my MiniDump and MSInfo32 information:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fC_BPfSl0Ttl5hnX1BA0t13hNOMENtvO/view?usp=sharingHope someone can let me know what is causing it. Thank you for your...
  6. BSOD Need Help.....

BSOD Need Help.....: I am having an issue on my Computer.. when i tried to play a game BSOD appears please help here is the link of my minidump file with system information filehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AmXO2nVPTeV-m3AJo_Errf_eVeQT?e=cGPtpkThank you in advance...
  7. Bye, Folks.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bye, Folks.: Hi, folks; I want to apologize up front, because this is really more appropriate for the Microsoft Feedback app. I have gradually been moving my devices away from the Windows OS, though, and it doesn't look like I can post to it from a different platform. I do want to share...
  8. BSOD NEED HELP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD NEED HELP: Having BSOD almost everyday now I need help please. crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041520-7046-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: hardware.sys hardware Bugcheck code: 0x1A 0x41792, 0xFFFF87BFFEED0080, 0x200000000000, 0x0 Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT...
  9. BSOD, need help

BSOD, need help: Hi there, i had a BSOD kernal corruption, not sure the whole thing, i googled some stuff, and came across the only way to get help is by posting all the information needed to get the help... here is a link to the google drive files. Link Hope you guys can figure it out....
  10. Need help with BSOD

Need help with BSOD: I have been getting EXPOOL_DRIVER_CORRUPTED errors along with WATCHDOG_VIOLATION errors non stop. I have tried uninstalling problematic drivers but nothing works. Also, whenever I connect to a wifi network I immidiately freeze and get one of the errors mentioned above. My...