Windows 10: Need help getting rid of a malware

Discus and support Need help getting rid of a malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good afternoon! Yesterday I saw a weird thing happening on my computer... A software was installing and I didn't remember giving it permission, it was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gustavo-Maciel, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Need help getting rid of a malware

Good afternoon!

Yesterday I saw a weird thing happening on my computer... A software was installing and I didn't remember giving it permission, it was One System Care, but this was solved easily using Add or Remove Programs. But I started to pay attention to my computer since that was really weird.

I discovered a process going on with a name composed of random letters, I killed it and a few minutes later it came back to life. The next thing I did was find the process folder, which had all of this on it:

Need help getting rid of a malware ad62c325-d406-4353-baec-b2968f110dbf?upload=true.png

Then I used admin permission to delete the folder, just in case. It took more time, but the same process came back to life, and the folder was back in the same place.

Then I analyzed the task manager and I saw that the process had a service with the same name linked to it. I proceeded to run "sc delete ZjdiZGNkOTdlNzg4MTQ3" in an admin cmd alongside with killing the process and deleting the folder to see if it would work.

But some time later it all came back to life somehow. My next move was running a full scan in my computer with Windows Defender to see if it would do something, it didn't. I had it run a new custom scan on the suspicious folder and it still didn't found a threat. And neither did the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.

I'm running out of Ideas on what to do! Does someone know what kind of sorcery is going on and how can I get rid of it?

:)

Gustavo-Maciel, Aug 2, 2018

2. Does Windows Defender find and get rid of malware and PUPS such as Cleanserp and unTabs?

No, not likely....

See if these removal guides help:

Suggestion to also read:

Jsssssssss, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Sajer Win User

Need help getting rid of a malware

Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

*Think

As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber it with administrative authority, it won't budge. One fix suggests that you can use disk cleanup to get rid of it by selecting previous installation files. Heh. Yeah. Just TRY and find that option in Win 10.

Ok. Somebody hopefully has managed to resolve this inigma. Step by step, please. *Smile

Sajer, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Need help getting rid of a malware

1. Need help getting rid of a malware - Similar Threads - Need help getting

2. I need help getting rid of a malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help getting rid of a malware: I randomly heard sounds without a single window open, soon realized that a google chrome window was playing a random YouTube video. Every time I started the computer a Google Chrome window would pop up, open YouTube and disappear.I managed to close them in the Task Manager...
  3. I need help getting rid of a malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help getting rid of a malware: I randomly heard sounds without a single window open, soon realized that a google chrome window was playing a random YouTube video. Every time I started the computer a Google Chrome window would pop up, open YouTube and disappear.I managed to close them in the Task Manager...
  4. I need help getting rid of a malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to get rid of a polymorphic malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of a polymorphic malware?: I found a "Generic.Application.HackTool.KMS.A.DD98CF7E" location is c:\windows\setup\scripts\hwid_activation_aio.cmdMy company's security consultant reached out to me saying that my passwords are for sale on the dark web. I ran a deep scan with a bitdefender total security...
  6. How to get rid of a polymorphic malware?

How to get rid of a polymorphic malware?: I found a "Generic.Application.HackTool.KMS.A.DD98CF7E" location is c:\windows\setup\scripts\hwid_activation_aio.cmdMy company's security consultant reached out to me saying that my passwords are for sale on the dark web. I ran a deep scan with a bitdefender total security...
  7. I need help getting rid of a virus.

I need help getting rid of a virus.: So I did a scan with windows defender and it came up with this Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml and when I try and remove it, it gone so I scan again and pops right back up again, and then there is this it Microsoft Defender, No new threats were found but current threats are still...
  8. I need help getting rid of gosearches.gg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help getting rid of gosearches.gg: can anybody help me get rid of this gosearches.gg thing? I've read about it, and I already know it's a fake searcher and i don't know how to get rid of it I've tried using malware bytes but there seems to be nothing working can somebody please help me. here is an image and I...
  9. I need help getting rid of gosearches.gg

I need help getting rid of gosearches.gg: can anybody help me get rid of this gosearches.gg thing? I've read about it, and I already know it's a fake searcher and i don't know how to get rid of it I've tried using malware bytes but there seems to be nothing working can somebody please help me. here is an image and I...
  10. Need "Help" getting rid of this . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need "Help" getting rid of this . . .: My computer is a Dell laptop, running Windows 10.In the past, when I've had problems.Dell would connect to my computer, and take a look.But this problem happens, prior to the computer running?When I turn my, computer on. The first thing, that happens.A blue screen, with two...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. getting rid of malware manually without antivirus

2. getting rid of malware without antivirus