Windows 10: Need help in removal of previously applied wallpapers/lockscreens

Discus and support Need help in removal of previously applied wallpapers/lockscreens in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Joined this forum to ask this question. Hopefully someone knows how. I finally decided to give in and let my desktop accept the Win 10 upgrade.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ten Seconds, May 23, 2016.

1. Need help in removal of previously applied wallpapers/lockscreens

Hi,

Joined this forum to ask this question. Hopefully someone knows how. I finally decided to give in and let my desktop accept the Win 10 upgrade. Was reluctant about 10, but having been using it for two weeks now, it's wonderful. But in my enjoyment I found something particularly annoying, at least to me.

In the Win 10 Settings app (the screen designed to simplify the Control Panel, using huge and minimalistic buttons), I had changed my wallpaper and lockscreen wallpaper on a few different occasions. What I don't like, is how after changing to a new background, and even deleting the source image from which the background was taken off my computer, those thumbnails that you can click which sit beside the default preinstalled wallpapers retain my old backgrounds. How do I destroy my old backgrounds/wallpapers permanently so that they don't show up in the Settings app?

I had a somewhat similar issue with account pictures, until I discovered the file location where Windows hides them for future use. My problem is I can't find where Windows hid all of my old wallpapers and lockscreens, so that I may delete them indefinitely.

Anyone able to spare some wisdom?

:)

Ten Seconds, May 23, 2016

2. Nokia black lockscreen

Lockscreen animation? I know about lockscreen wallpaper but animation? A little more information could help us.

Jay_answers, May 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 lockscreen image will not show unless signed in

If the lockscreen shows your theme colors instead of the selected wallpaper for it, you need to change the appearance settings of your Windows. You can visit this link:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/kimberj/2017/05/05/known-lock-screen-issues-1703/
    for workarounds that can remove a lockscreen wallpaper delay or not appearing before the sign-in screen.

Let us know if this works for you.

Johann Eva, May 23, 2016
Thema:

Need help in removal of previously applied wallpapers/lockscreens

1. Need help in removal of previously applied wallpapers/lockscreens - Similar Threads - Need help removal

2. Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default: Hi, recently I've noticed that my lockscreen wallpaper switches to the default image every now and then when booting up. There's only one account on the computer and that account has a custom wallpaper as the lockscreen. When I turn on the system it'll sometimes display the...
  3. need help on desktop wallpaper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help on desktop wallpaper: When i click a random photo in my laptop , instead of popping up photo app or any other app for viewing that picture, the photo itself become my desktop wallpaper.For couple of months i have been facing such issues....
  4. need help on desktop wallpaper

need help on desktop wallpaper: When i click a random photo in my laptop , instead of popping up photo app or any other app for viewing that picture, the photo itself become my desktop wallpaper.For couple of months i have been facing such issues....
  5. SUSPICIOUS IMAGE LOCKSCREEN WALLPAPER

SUSPICIOUS IMAGE LOCKSCREEN WALLPAPER: ISSUE:My lock screen wallpaper changed suddenly, I didn't change it automatically happened, without my action . Even that suspicious image I have seen is not in my PC storage haven't downloaded that at all .I don't know why it's happening ... Please make me know what is going...
  6. Lockscreen Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen Wallpaper: I can't change the lockscreen wallpaper, Everytime i want to change wallpaper I select wallpaper then wallpaper is only loading not applying. Windows spotlight also isn't working. When i select windows spotlight, i see only blue colour in Lockscreen.i have many times reset my...
  7. wallpaper lockscreen unknown picture

wallpaper lockscreen unknown picture: its been happening for 1 week my wallpaper and lockscreen changeby itself with unknown persons photos and I tried with changing photos in my background and lockscreen and sync settings and even with firewall but no change...
  8. Blank Lockscreen wallpaper pls help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank Lockscreen wallpaper pls help: as stated in the title...i cant set a lockscreen wallpaper and when i reach a lock screen its just blank...i can still login just fine but i wanna set a lockscreen wallpaper...if this helps i have deleted the lockscreen file before for example Lockscreen_B...in the system...
  9. Lockscreen wallpaper changes automatically

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lockscreen wallpaper changes automatically: I use windows 10 home. I have my lockscreen wallpaper set to picture mode and i have no clue how this keeps changing to some other random picture which i never had on my device before. it keeps happening with two pictures only, i have not seen it change to any other than...
  10. Lockscreen Help Needed Albums

Lockscreen Help Needed Albums: In order for the lockscreen to use my pictures, I have to create an album of my pictures ? How do I do this? Can I use jpgs or do they have to be bmp or png? Is there a piece of software that creates albums of pictures ? [img] Also how do I put a picture in the background of...