Windows 10: Need Help in Resetting laptop using old media installation files.

Discus and support Need Help in Resetting laptop using old media installation files. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, i'm having an issue with my laptop, i think it's something called a memory leak because my RAM won't go below 80% even when my laptop is idle. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alfa server, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Need Help in Resetting laptop using old media installation files.

Hi, i'm having an issue with my laptop, i think it's something called a memory leak because my RAM won't go below 80% even when my laptop is idle. I've been searching the internet for answers on how to fix this problem but didn't find any luck. I've already wasted an entire day trying to figure out how to fix this, I even tried to do a system restore but i forgot to save any restore points. I'm hoping Resetting/Refreshing would be the answer but i'm facing another problem; My media installation tool or USB Bootable Drive (I don't know if they're the same. It's what i used when i installed Windows 10) is that of a previous Windows 10 version & build. Would it work If i use it to Reset my laptop? I'm currently using the latest version, build 10586.36. Please, I need help in fixing this issue.

:)

alfa server, Jan 3, 2016

2. Automatic Repair Loop

I've opted for resetting my laptop using installation media but it is indicated there that it won't save my files. I haven't started doing it since I want to somehow get some of my files and I don't know how to. Is there any way to save my files?

Also, I don't know how to reset my laptop using media installation and will it need the activator or key for it to work since mine is already pre-installed when I bought it?

Thanks!

NicoleFiecas, Jan 3, 2016
  3. AlonRelon Win User
    Windows.old folders taking up a lot of space. How do I remove these? Should I remove them?

I have reset my laptop I'm happy with that but I still have 228 GB space occupied in system drive by some kind of files like windows old 000,001,002 and other folders too. So I need to wipe out my local disks completely even D and E disks. I even tried
    to reset with Remove Everything option but it says no media installation disc found even if I connect my bootable USB Flash Drive. So what should I do now ? Help me please..

Original title: Need Help,

AlonRelon, Jan 3, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Need Help in Resetting laptop using old media installation files.

Brink, Jan 3, 2016
Thema:

Need Help in Resetting laptop using old media installation files.

1. Need Help in Resetting laptop using old media installation files. - Similar Threads - Need Help Resetting

2. Need help resetting file permissions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help resetting file permissions.: So... my old pc died and I had to buy new parts and do a fresh install of windows. I forgot that one of my drives have permission lock i think? It has been quite a while. So when I open the videos it goes 'file not found' while it's obviously there it has duration and size...
  3. Need help resetting file permissions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help resetting file permissions.: So... my old pc died and I had to buy new parts and do a fresh install of windows. I forgot that one of my drives have permission lock i think? It has been quite a while. So when I open the videos it goes 'file not found' while it's obviously there it has duration and size...
  4. Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!: I have 5 old laptops my grandparents gifted me, in hopes that I am able to get them cleaned up and reset. I am not the most tech savvy when it comes to Windows stuff..... The main problem I am having is the laptops are password protected, and my grandparents have no idea what...
  5. Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!: I have 5 old laptops my grandparents gifted me, in hopes that I am able to get them cleaned up and reset. I am not the most tech savvy when it comes to Windows stuff..... The main problem I am having is the laptops are password protected, and my grandparents have no idea what...
  6. Need Help Wiping Old Laptops!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Need help with reset laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help with reset laptop: Recently, my laptop went on the fritz. Apps would close while I was using them, taskbars kept opening up, my keyboard would type random sequences of numbers and letters or not type at all, my mouse was slow to respond and files would start copying themselves. I couldn't run a...
  8. Old School Laptop - Need help to factory reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old School Laptop - Need help to factory reset.: So I've got an old school laptop and I'm trying to figure out how to factory reset it. It's still connected to the schools domain and I can't factory reset from settings without admin password and username, which I can't get (whatsoever). How do I factory reset this...
  9. Need help with resetting my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with resetting my laptop: I have previously reset my laptop twice from the option in the windows settings without using a recovery drive at all, I have just gone to reset windows a third time and all of a sudden it said "windows could not find the recovery environment" "insert your windows...
  10. Need help resetting the laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help resetting the laptop: I need help reseting my windows 10 hp laptop,howe very I can't due to low storage space, I've attempted other methods such as using Windows installers off the website to no avail, only to have my laptop not even bothering to open or run anything I download. Can someone...