Windows 10: Need Help Installing FFmpeg Converter

Discus and support Need Help Installing FFmpeg Converter in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm not having success installing the FFmpeg Converter on my PC. I was following the instructions posted here. How to Install FFmpeg on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Koukol, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Koukol Win User

Need Help Installing FFmpeg Converter

Hello,
    I'm not having success installing the FFmpeg Converter on my PC.
    I was following the instructions posted here.
    How to Install FFmpeg on Windows: 10 Steps (with Pictures)

After I thought I installed it I got this message.

Need Help Installing FFmpeg Converter [​IMG]

When I checked some other sites I didn't see the amount of files that I got when I unzipped the download.
    Here's two pics showing what was unzipped.

What I did was copy and paste all this into a new file in "C"
    I didn't open any of the folders.

Where did I go wrong?
    Unopened folders?
    Where I pasted?

:)

Koukol, Jul 13, 2016

2. Fastest way to convert flv videos to a compatible format for the E71?

There are a ton of converters out there.

One of the best free converters out there is SUPER.

Then there's FFMPEG for the more advanced users.

AnyVideoConverter will convert but it's not free.

ImTOO has also some converters.

And the above mentioned ones.

For instructions on SUPER and FFMPEG follow my blog.

el_loco---01, Jul 13, 2016
  3. N95 8GB Video Manager "NOT CONVERTING"

You can be missing codecs, but what I experienced with Video Manager is that it is very buggy. If you know how to use ffmpeg, you simply do not need Video Manager and can convert videos to H.264 formats fast.

I use the following parameters with ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -y -i "$input" -s 320x240 -async 1 -vcodec libx264 -b 200k -maxrate 384k -bufsize 384 -coder 0 -level 13 -acodec libfaac -ab 128k -threads 2 "$output"

Replace $input and $output with the input and output file paths respectively. Please be reminded that the ffmpeg version should support x264, otherwise it will not convert. After successful conversion, the file can be played by built-in RealPlayer.

Message Edited by superbanana on 21-Jan-2008 06:16 AM

superbanana---01, Jul 13, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

cereberus, Jul 13, 2016
  5. Koukol Win User
    Cheers.
    What did I download?*Redface
    Should I keep it or delete it from the folder?

Koukol, Jul 13, 2016
  6. Koukol Win User
    Koukol, Jul 13, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    Just delete it. Source code is for programmer deities not mere mortals to modify the executable code themselves.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need Help Installing FFmpeg Converter - Similar Threads - Need Help Installing

2. AnyMP4 Video Converter Ultimate will not load videos need help??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AnyMP4 Video Converter Ultimate will not load videos need help??: I am having a problem with AnyMP4 Video Converter Ultimate I can load the program just fine when I try to add a video to the program it keep showing the video is loading it never fully loads the video. In there any why to check for any errors to see why the program is not...
  3. Need Help installing the app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help installing the app: So I'm in cyber security. I'm trying to install kali linux on my windows. I did download the app already. Not sure If I put this in the wrong thread.I ran the command Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-LinuxI have a windows 10...
  4. Remote desktop disconnection and ffmpeg acquisition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote desktop disconnection and ffmpeg acquisition: Hi to everyone.I experienced a recurring problem after disconnection from several remote pc witch acquire video with ffmpeg from AV USB interfaces. Seems to be remote desktop take control of the audio input device not the video despite of the existing connection to ffmpeg....
  5. Help needed for converting to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed for converting to Windows 10: Hi guys. I'm switching from mac to windows; Wanted to know about the best precautions I need can make to avoid viruses without installing anti-viruses. submitted by /u/JeremiahENN [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 installation media converted my data to RAW Partition - need help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation media converted my data to RAW Partition - need help: I downloaded Windows 10 installation media onto a USB drive which had some additional data on it from before. Installation media created a bootable drive, I was able to recover the damaged windows BUT it partitioned my USB drive data into a RAW partition that I now can see in...
  7. II need help with the installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    II need help with the installation: I’ve never used a pc in my life and I’m making a transition to it. The only pc I have is a Mac so can I make a usb boot stick from the Mac to install windows 10 on my new pc and how? submitted by /u/Levan54321 [link] [comments]...
  8. ffmpeg - need help with syntax to run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ffmpeg - need help with syntax to run: I'm unfamiliar with ffmpeg but I wanted to check the integrity of a video file since it may not have completed downloading correctly. The general advice everywhere online is to use ffmpeg with this syntax: [path to ffmpeg.exe executable] -v error -i [path to video file] -f...
  9. General question about ffmpeg

in Windows 10 Support
    General question about ffmpeg: Hello, I am just curious and could not find an answer, so I'll ask here, please. Have some multimedia programs (video and audio) all portables. Each one has "ffmpeg,exe" in its folder. But file sizes are different: 269 kb to 448 kb, and one even 34,334 kb. Recently downloaded...
  10. Using FFmpeg in Windows Applications

in Windows 10 News
    Using FFmpeg in Windows Applications: It is important to Microsoft that developers can leverage open-source software when building apps for Windows. As part of this effort we’re very pleased to announce FFmpeg support for Window 8.1, Windows Phone 8.1, and Windows 10 applications. What is FFmpeg? FFmpeg is a...