Windows 10: Need Help Migrating Upgraded HDD to larger HDD

Discus and support Need Help Migrating Upgraded HDD to larger HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to migrate my Win10x64 OS and apps (not concerned about data) to a larger HDD by using several software apps (Acronis, AOEMI Partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JWSmith1642, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Need Help Migrating Upgraded HDD to larger HDD

I'm trying to migrate my Win10x64 OS and apps (not concerned about data) to a larger HDD by using several software apps (Acronis, AOEMI Partition Assistant) in Clone or Copy or Migrate modes. So far, none of them will boot when the older boot drive is disconnected or disabled. When looking at the drives in Drive Management screen, they both look like they have the right partition arrangement, and both are GPT (the larger one has some unallocated space). I've been working on this for a week using every trick I can think of with no success. Now I'm starting to think that since the Win10x64 was an upgrade from 8.1x64 that maybe there is something lingering that is preventing the new one from booting. Or maybe the bios settings for UZEFI/Legacy is allowing one to boot but not happy to the newer one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mobo is Asus Z97 Deluxe with 32gb.

:)

JWSmith1642, Jan 10, 2016

2. Full system backup of x64 Windows 10

Good morning,

I want to backup my laptop with a full image so to speak, as I am going to change the HDD for a larger one .

So I need all my files, folders, AV MS office etc to migrate to external HDD.

Do I create a system image or do a back up under Windows 7 backup/restore option ?

AndrewBarnesSL, Jan 10, 2016
  3. Doomtime Win User
    Migrate Windows 10 to SSD

I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. My Windows 8.1 was originally installed on a small SSD in my laptop. When I upgraded to Windows 10, it installed to my larger HDD. Is there a way to migrate my OS to the SSD without having to uninstall
    all my program files?

Doomtime, Jan 10, 2016
Thema:

Need Help Migrating Upgraded HDD to larger HDD

1. Need Help Migrating Upgraded HDD to larger HDD - Similar Threads - Need Help Migrating

2. Need help to unlock hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help to unlock hdd: I do not have bitlocker key and my hdd is locked. i am not able to find anywhere. is there any way to get my data back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-to-unlock-hdd/76f8c89b-a11e-4d99-b5e5-c9f52b30398a
  3. Need help to unlock hdd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help to unlock hdd: I do not have bitlocker key and my hdd is locked. i am not able to find anywhere. is there any way to get my data back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-to-unlock-hdd/76f8c89b-a11e-4d99-b5e5-c9f52b30398a
  4. HDD not migrated.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD not migrated.: Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_&Prod_ST1000DM010-2EP1\4&a13202a&0&020000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.Last Device Instance Id: SCSI\CdRom&Ven_TSSTcorp&Prod_CDDVDW_SH-222BB\4&a13202a&0&020000Class Guid: {4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}Location Path:...
  5. Install Larger HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Larger HDD: I run a dual boot system - W10 and Linux Mint - from the same HDD. There is very little space left on the W10 partition 30GB and I cannot run updates. The HDD is very old and needs replacement. How to do a clean install of W10 on a new 4TB HDD without producing two W10...
  6. Need help with Hdd issue.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with Hdd issue.: Recently I took.backup of windows in my HDD and formatted pc but after that when I try to plug it in,it is not detected it shows in device manager tho(I already tried trouble shooting and updating drivers) any idea what's wrong and how can I fix it. submitted by...
  7. Migrating hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Migrating hdd: I was wondering if migrating from a SSD to SSD is same as HDD to SSD and also if the hard drive with the operating systems had bad sectors on it, would the migration still continue successfully? Thanks...
  8. 1TB HDD not Migrated

in Windows 10 Customization
    1TB HDD not Migrated: Why am I seeing this error? New 1TB HDD, and why is Windows not letting me use the HDD. Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_ST4000DM&Prod_000-1F2168\4&1f5e0e69&0&040000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id:...
  9. Need help migrating/installing Win 10 into new HDD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need help migrating/installing Win 10 into new HDD: Hello all! In need of some help and I hope this is the forum that can solve my issue. If not would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction as I'm really clueless right now.*Redface Setup: Laptop 1 - Acer Aspire V3-771G-9809 - Notebookcheck.net External Reviews...
  10. Need help to change HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help to change HDD: Hi, i got a new pc (2nd hand) and i was trying to put my HDD on it, the other HDD had windows 10 and mine too, but when i put mine, the pc doens't makes the boot, alrteady went to the BIOS to change the boot disk and still the same, it shows to insert the boot disk drive......