Windows 10: Need Help Regarding Downloading Windows 10 via USB

Discus and support Need Help Regarding Downloading Windows 10 via USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys. My old laptop has had its hard drive (HDD) broken for quite a while. This means that my laptop is not able to boot up and gives me errors. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Moderig, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Moderig Win User

Need Help Regarding Downloading Windows 10 via USB

Hey guys. My old laptop has had its hard drive (HDD) broken for quite a while. This means that my laptop is not able to boot up and gives me errors. I am planning to buy a replacement hard drive. However, recently I have learned that the operating system is stored in said hard drive. This means that if I replace my hard drive, my current operating system will be gone.

So, I have a few concerns. Using the Lenovo forums, I learned that there is a Microsoft tool that enables you to install Windows 10 on a USB. I have a few questions regarding this. I know the license number of the Windows 10 operating system installed on my current laptop. I am aware (I may be wrong) that when my laptop asks for a operating system and I plug the flash drive in, it will ask me for my license number. Can I reuse the old license number of the OS my laptop had? Or do I have to purchase a new license key?

Responses would be greatly appreciated. If I am aware of something that is wrong, please correct me.

:)

Moderig, Jul 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 22, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

Download December 12 CU KB4054517 x64 (510.9MB)

Brings system to 16299.125

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Need Help Regarding Downloading Windows 10 via USB - Similar Threads - Need Help Regarding

2. Need help regarding drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help regarding drivers: So, I have a Sony Vaio laptop purhcase in the year 2012 with windows 8 by default and on 2019, it's hard disk failed. Now, I have purchased a new hdd and installed windows 10. But, I am struck in a tragedy. Neither Windows update install correct driver nor manufacturer have...
  3. Regarding Windows 10 download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Regarding Windows 10 download: Hi , I have bought my laptop with lifetime free Windows 10 and Ms Office, now my OS crashed , how i can download my free OS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-windows-10-download/c885b909-4e55-442b-a3d7-fa6661f9549f
  4. need help regarding this error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need help regarding this error: [ATTACH] can anyone help me with this error as i have no idea what cause it and have no idea on how to solve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-regarding-this-error/2e3a6fd9-4e81-4a49-80ab-7bba78a05f7c
  5. Need help regarding Windows 10 20H2 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help regarding Windows 10 20H2 update?: Hey there! I'm back with help topics. Now, I'll give you some details about the 20H2 update. Things and features to know about the 20H2 update my details: The 20H2 update comes with a lot of security enhancements, which are good. The 20H2 update comes with new, nice...
  6. Need help booting via USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help booting via USB: Can anyone help me? I was stuck in an Automatic Repair Booting loop in Windows 10. So I tried using a Windows 10 usb to boot. It did boot but it did not fix my problem. I tried command prompt but nothing happened, I always returned to Automatic Startup. If its any information...
  7. Regarding Windows 10 ISO File Downloaded via Media Creation Tool

Regarding Windows 10 ISO File Downloaded via Media Creation Tool: I had recently downloaded a 3.94 GB ISO file of Windows 10 x64 Edition English - United States. I wanted to confirm whether the downloaded ISO file was tampered/corrupted or not. Following are the different hashes of the same file:- MD5 = 01f58d33a84d3469ab4c890741b5c3b2...
  8. Need Help regarding these problem

in Cortana
    Need Help regarding these problem: [ATTACH]Need Help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-regarding-these-problem/4753cd57-6f0e-462c-8761-fc1d35514bef"
  9. Need help regarding Upgradation of W-10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need help regarding Upgradation of W-10: Dear sir, I have lenovo i5 PC. Its system requirement meet for window 10. At present it have Window-7. Nw I want to upgrade to Window-10. kindly tell me, at present can I do upgrade it to Window 10. Madhab Mitra...
  10. Help regarding downloading Windows 10 on a slow internet.

Help regarding downloading Windows 10 on a slow internet.: Greetings. I would like to download the latest version of Windows 10 and keep it in my pen drive. The normal way to do that is download it using Media Creation Tool and download the iso. But the problem here is my internet connection, which is damn too slow. It takes about...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. broken hard drive