Windows 10: need help-Screen Crashing and totally messed up frames.

Discus and support need help-Screen Crashing and totally messed up frames. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys. my uncle has an hp probook 4540s laptop which he has used for about four years now. but recently the screen started to show scattered and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by roskee, Jul 15, 2018.

1. roskee Win User

need help-Screen Crashing and totally messed up frames.

Hey guys. my uncle has an hp probook 4540s laptop which he has used for about four years now. but recently the screen started to show scattered and misplaced frames. earlier he had windows 7 installed but after the screen started to scatter he installed windows 10 and the laptop worked fine for about a month or so. but then with no obvious change to the pc the scattering came back. i have checked and reinstalled the graphics driver but it has no change. and just to mention, in bios menu the...

roskee, Jul 15, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 15, 2018
  3. locked frames while gaming on second screen after creator's update

after the creator's update when i try to game on my second screen it locks the frames at 60, every time i drop a frame it lowers in steps of 10 until i'm stuck at 40-30. this is not the case when just playing on the screen of my laptop. Love some help to
    unlock the frames on the second screen as well, thank you.

toondewindt, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

1. need help-Screen Crashing and totally messed up frames. - Similar Threads - need help Screen

2. Windows SERVICES totally messed up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows SERVICES totally messed up.: I was trying to uninstall oracle database because of which I had to disable few services and in hurry I disabled many of the services. After that my screen went totally blank. Nothing is working on the laptop. I wanna reinstall my windows and don't know how to do that on this...
  3. Windows SERVICES totally messed up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows SERVICES totally messed up.: I was trying to uninstall oracle database because of which I had to disable few services and in hurry I disabled many of the services. After that my screen went totally blank. Nothing is working on the laptop. I wanna reinstall my windows and don't know how to do that on this...
  4. Need help, account is messed up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help, account is messed up.: Hi, i cant recieve emails from microsoft on my gmail account, especially the verification ones and im stuck. I tried to change the security info to my phone number but now that ive done that i cant go back and change it, i have to wait 30 days and still cant receieve emails,...
  5. Need help, account is messed up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help, account is messed up.: Hi, i cant recieve emails from microsoft on my gmail account, especially the verification ones and im stuck. I tried to change the security info to my phone number but now that ive done that i cant go back and change it, i have to wait 30 days and still cant receieve emails,...
  6. File permissions totally messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File permissions totally messed up: I was transferring data from my ssd to another computer, so I plugged in my ssd to another computer using an external drive. When I tried to access the ssd, it gave me "you don't currently have permission to access this folder" so I clicked continue to get permanent access....
  7. Totally messed up pc, need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Totally messed up pc, need help!: Ok, this is my first post here, and I wish it wasn't going to be so long and confusing. Long story trying to make shorter. Originally, I had drive c, a ssd, and drive d, internal HD named mass storage. I also use aoemi tools, such as one key boot partition backup and...
  8. Display messed up (Need Help)

Display messed up (Need Help): I built a new computer and installed windows 10 pro from scratch. For some reason the display looks like everything is in 1920x1080 but my monitor is 2560 x 1440. Even when I try to play video games the display is by default showing a different one than my actual monitor....
  9. Gmail totally messed up

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail totally messed up: In the last week or so every time I open my Gmail, it seems to appear different. This is what my Inbox box looks like now. [img] It seems to be "starred" what ever that means. I have no idea how it got "starred". I also can NOT see my "Trash" label to select it to...
  10. Microsoft Account Totally Messed Up.

Microsoft Account Totally Messed Up.: I continually get cards saying my account needs fixing. When I try to go through the procedure it says it has sent me an email to verify my account. It never arrives. Email is correct. There are so many problems with my MS accounts I can neither sign in from another computer...